King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A ton of new pictures was posted last night on www.orlandoparksnews.com The facade is growing taller

Thanks MD! I peeked at that magic dust site today and someone actually posted that they thought all of the rockwork should be done by the end of April. HahahahaBuuHahahachokecough! They will be lucky if the exterior rockwork is completed by August.

I only know that it must be nailed down by November as that is a key milestone.

Thanks MD! I peeked at that magic dust site today and someone actually posted that they thought all of the rockwork should be done by the end of April. HahahahaBuuHahahachokecough! They will be lucky if the exterior rockwork is completed by August.

I only know that it must be nailed down by November as that is a key milestone.
Is that like the pixie dust that did all the rock work on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster in a couple of months (or was that years?)? Yeah, right...LOL

I'll be interested to see how much of the 2D jagged rock sheeting at the top of the show building will be visible once the facade is done. Hopefully from most angles it'll be invisible, but I think from some areas of JP it must be in view - interesting that they acknowledge the building will be visible above the facade, but decide to only partially conceal / obscure it. For me, I'd have either expected that bit of show building to remain uncovered and 'ignored', or for the facade to be extended right the way up to fully integrate it.

Not that I'm complaining they've made a bit more effort :cheers:

A thought totally unrelated to the facade. This may have been mentioned before, but I think Kong is going to carry us.

It's still hard to guess the details ,though I'm sure some have a lot more info ;- ), the general idea is clearly there. The scene or sequence will consist of the ride vehicle being "picked up" and thrown/carried for a short distance by Kong. This could easily be done with a combination of vehicle movements, screen effects, sound effects and artificial wind. The idea of creating the illusion of a large vehicle full of people being carried by Kong is pretty amazing to me. Combine that with an almost certain full size anima-tronic appearance and you can just take my money now. Sorry to veer of course from the facade conversation.

Yeah if anything, the forced perspective is gonna get messed up with Thunder Falls right there next to it. But I saw it this past weekend and I think it'll look great regardless

Yeah if anything, the forced perspective is gonna get messed up with Thunder Falls right there next to it. But I saw it this past weekend and I think it'll look great regardless

Yes, forced perspective or not, the way the rockwork peaks out over the tree line by JPRA is so cool...Plus the shear size from the Toon Lagoon side is amazing too..

It's not even done yet...

Talking about when it's done :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I heard entrance wise it's going to be gigantic thanks to a forced perspective like hogwarts. I'm sure it'll be messed up when you in JA though but who knows? We got time

Regarding the ride system, it appears UC has returned to northern Europe. This time, the Netherlands, and while not Vekoma, the company's name does begin with the letter V. Don't go looking for it in any directory of themed attraction vendors however... at least not yet.

UC went in such an off the wall direction yet again. Off the chizain even...

Does anyone know if this was on the shelf for a minute but dusted off when Comcast gave the green light? Or was this only on the table after the success of Kong 360 in Hollywood?

Wondering if it's the former what else they've been sitting on because I am ready to throw my money at them for Kong.

Regarding the ride system, it appears UC has returned to northern Europe. This time, the Netherlands, and while not Vekoma, the company's name does begin with the letter V. Don't go looking for it in any directory of themed attraction vendors however... at least not yet.

Has UC used this company before or are they pretty new to the game?

regarding the ride system, it appears uc has returned to northern europe. This time, the netherlands, and while not vekoma, the company's name does begin with the letter v. Don't go looking for it in any directory of themed attraction vendors however... At least not yet.

Uc went in such an off the wall direction yet again. Off the chizain even...

vdl?

So it is a company that is new to themepark rides and is primarily into other stuff like Oceaneering?

Status
Not open for further replies.