King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, by the looks of it, scaffolding might go down in the middle of April. That and the themed walls just make it beyond obvious. I don't know whats worse, releasing info about something WAY too early or releasing it to the point where it's an almost pointless surprise COUGH transformers COUGH

The scaffolding will be around much longer than the middle of April. 1/2 of, what, 1/10th of the wall has its first coat of pain. Still a long time before that façade is 100% done.

An important month on this project? Could that be when they bring in and install the Kong AA? :drool:

Far better and important than that from my point of view. If it were the Kong AA then it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't see it right? On the other hand, it may be the lack of what you can and cannot see currently, that I consider substantial and quite different from the Gringotts debacle.

I feel like this ride could open Nov/Dec rather than next summer.........14 months seems like a long time considering how quickly they are moving.

I feel like this ride could open Nov/Dec rather than next summer.........14 months seems like a long time considering how quickly they are moving.

Not that I don't agree that they are moving quickly, keep in mind that there has not been much action going on in the interior all this time. I'm sure there's been a rush to get the exterior walls done so they could start working more on the interior without us seeing, and to keep it away from the elements, but from what I can see a lot of the inside still has a dirt floor, so there's a long way's to go yet on that front.

That's not going to happen.

Not that I don't agree that they are moving quickly, keep in mind that there has not been much action going on in the interior all this time. I'm sure there's been a rush to get the exterior walls done so they could start working more on the interior without us seeing, and to keep it away from the elements, but from what I can see a lot of the inside still has a dirt floor, so there's a long way's to go yet on that front.

Errh, the concrete floors have probably been poured and finished in the big building(s). They are probably laying rebar for the sets and frame for the screens too. The building doesn't have to be sealed for that stuff, only the lighting and electronics require that.

I hope so, by the looks of it, scaffolding might go down in the middle of April. That and the themed walls just make it beyond obvious. I don't know whats worse, releasing info about something WAY too early or releasing it to the point where it's an almost pointless surprise COUGH transformers COUGH

How about Busch Gardens Williamsburg and their new coaster "Tempesto" that they just announced 3 days ago...1 month and 3 days before the damn thing OPENS?!? Talk about screwing the pooch, I can't even imagine what they were thinking with ANY aspect of this ride, from the marketing, to the location, to the decision to build it.

Nah, a lot of work that people can't see is still being done. I think spring 2016 is the most optimistic target date but Universal may pull a surprise.

Errh, the concrete floors have probably been poured and finished in the big building(s). They are probably laying rebar for the sets and frame for the screens too. The building doesn't have to be sealed for that stuff, only the lighting and electronics require that.

I found out this morning that this post contains an irony of which I had no idea. While still correct, things are slightly further along than I had imagined.

BTW, where are these construction crews parking now? How are they arriving to the site? There is no staging area left.

They have crews parking in the South Garage and being bussed over Teebs

90% of tourists wouldn't know anything about it anyway unless they're already visiting the park or browsing sites like this. As soon as the official news breaks, just look at Twitter and see how many people are surprised that Kong is coming back.

Yeah it's always funny to me how oblivious most people are. Even the themed walls are always vague to them unless it's literally spelled out for them. But then again if I wasn't on OU I probably wouldn't know that it was Kong either (the skulls might put me in the ballpark I guess)...

Yeah it's always funny to me how oblivious most people are. Even the themed walls are always vague to them unless it's literally spelled out for them. But then again if I wasn't on OU I probably wouldn't know that it was Kong either (the skulls might put me in the ballpark I guess)...
Yes, & that'show impressive OU is. If it wasn't for this site, even most of us diehards wouldn't know what's going on. Big credit to BriMan for allowing this to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.