King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding to whats already said... I don't think safety regulations would ever permit a human operator driving a vehicle full of people outdoors, into a show building, near fire (i assume), within feet of a deadly massive robot, etc. It has to be self-driving.

Just adding to whats already said... I don't think safety regulations would ever permit a human operator driving a vehicle full of people outdoors, into a show building, near fire (i assume), within feet of a deadly massive robot, etc. It has to be self-driving.

Well when the kong ride system becomes self aware I will blame you.

Have you been on Kilimanjaro Safari? Driving onto a motion controlled bridge, prancing among rhinos and those giant horned cows???

Exactly, it wouldn't take much for a berserk employee to tip over one of those Kilimanjaro vehicles.

And can we talk about Lynx buses on any highway in Orlando! Eeep!
Eeep? New exclamation or sound effect? I don't recall that, not even in the Adam West Batman TV series. Bamm, Owwww, Smassssh, but not EEEP......LOL

Have you been on Kilimanjaro Safari? Driving onto a motion controlled bridge, prancing among rhinos and those giant horned cows???

I knew someone would bring up Kilimanjaro. I would say the difference there is that you're never in any real danger since you're separated from the aggressive animals by below-grade fences, and not within feet of dangerous pyro effects etc. Plus, Disney makes up their own safety regulations. How they operated a drop tower for 10+ years with a SINGLE LAP BAR FOR AN ENTIRE ROW is beyond me.

I knew someone would bring up Kilimanjaro. I would say the difference there is that you're never in any real danger since you're separated from the aggressive animals by below-grade fences, and not within feet of dangerous pyro effects etc. Plus, Disney makes up their own safety regulations. How they operated a drop tower for 10+ years with a SINGLE LAP BAR FOR AN ENTIRE ROW is beyond me.

gun_to_the_head.jpg

If I remember correctly someone mentioned earlier that this ride would essentially utilize a more modern version of the ride system for Universe of Energy; the ride vehicles could be guided along the path of a seemingly bare pathway. But if there is concern to be had regarding the possibility of errors made by the "drivers" then there would have to be some degree of actual control given to someone at all times- maybe the drivers have limited control of the ride vehicles, but it can be overridden by the vehicle if it gets within close proximity of boundaries or goes off course in some other way...?

Yea, but same could be said of any attraction really.. And it couldn't be any worse than Mummy or Gringots where if the system senses anything on the track (even if there's not actually anything obstructing) the ride vehicles can no longer move and must be evacuated (which has happened to me twice on each ride now).

One would hope that UC's version of trackless would be a bit better than Oceaneering's, as far as comms go anyway, but with new technology comes new issues.

Good point. Also, I think Antarctica is experiencing less glitches now. I think the particular problem with the system is that since it uses wifi, if one car suddenly experiences a signal drop the system glitches, so probably for something like Kong this system would not work well due to the outdoor portion of the ride, too much chance of something interfering with the signal.

Finally got a chance to check out the skull-themed construction walls. They jut out pretty far, but the area does look a little cleaner with them in place.

It looks like they're putting a primer and/or sealant over the rockwork before painting. Check out the pics below to see what I mean. And the top of the temple shape is really coming along. You can see all of my recent images on my blog.

P1020680_small.jpg

P1020674-1024x768.jpg

P1020737-1024x768.jpg

P1020739-1024x768.jpg

P1020712-1024x768.jpg

P1020691-1024x768.jpg

P1020687-1024x768.jpg

P1020726-1024x768.jpg

P1020742-1024x768.jpg

P1020684-1024x768.jpg

The right side of the building is finally getting walled up as well, as you can see by the last image above. See all of the pics here.

Good timing. I had just read your blog post & was about to post here that you had some great new Kongstruction photos. Great work as always Alicia.

Good timing. I had just read your blog post & was about to post here that you had some great new Kongstruction photos. Great work as always Alicia.
Thanks! This is the first theme park project I actually started documenting from the very start. I'll try to get some more video next time.

DANG they are getting that rockwork done!!!! This construction is going ridiculously fast, wonder if they are prepping for an announcement

I'm not expecting an announcement until Mardi Gras is over. Maybe in the summer, between their special events, when there isn't other news they'd rather be promoting. With the new skull themed walls now in place, I'm guessing they're preparing some artwork to release along with the announcement as we speak.

I'm not expecting an announcement until Mardi Gras is over. Maybe in the summer, between their special events, when there isn't other news they'd rather be promoting. With the new skull themed walls now in place, I'm guessing they're preparing some artwork to release along with the announcement as we speak.

I hope so, by the looks of it, scaffolding might go down in the middle of April. That and the themed walls just make it beyond obvious. I don't know whats worse, releasing info about something WAY too early or releasing it to the point where it's an almost pointless surprise COUGH transformers COUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.