King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So from the video I can assume that these vehicles will be very SLOW? (this is a good thing)

You guys now know virtually everything that I know. I am not even sure that the independent 4-wheel steering will be present on Uni's vehicles.

I actually found that company and video on my own after it was hinted to me, and it was then confirmed when I presented it.

So from the video I can assume that these vehicles will be very SLOW? (this is a good thing)

From what I've seen and understood, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys now know virtually everything that I know. I am not even sure that the independent 4-wheel steering will be present on Uni's vehicles.

I actually found that company and video on my own after it was hinted to me, and it was then confirmed when I presented it.

I'd poop my pants if the ride vehicles have crab steering.

Can we assume from Teebin's video.That this ride will not have a fixed track ? It will just drive wherever base is programed to go ?
I would think that if this is the case it could possibly take different paths (outside ?) I would think if they put a gringotts type seating on top of this(where the seats turn) It could have multiple paths.Making rerides more interesting.
also if mutiple cars can pull up end AA scene you could have 3 (bases) cars watching end scene together .

Wow just thinking of the possibilities with this system .Imagine if the seats were like the cargo containers .They build an entire park
based on this .Using IOA as a model you walk int POE and get loaded on these cars that are part of some rides and the seats get moved onto others.

You start off by going to a coaster (hulk) and the seats get installed on the coaster base.then it takes you to a dark ride (spiderman) and the base just drives you through.It would do away with lines and multiple load/unload at each ride
It could have a keypad like Rip Ride & Rocket that you could signal you want to exit to a central Food,Shopping,Bathroom area.

Last edited:
Can we assume from Teebin's video.That this ride will not have a fixed track ? It will just drive wherever base is programed to go ?
I would think that if this is the case it could possibly take different paths (outside ?) I would think if they put a gringotts type seating on top of this(where the seats turn) It could have multiple paths.Making rerides more interesting.
also if mutiple cars can pull up end AA scene you could have 3 (bases) cars watching end scene together .

That is correct, no fixed track.

The rest of your questions will have to remain a surprise.

Wow just thinking of the possibilities with this system .Imagine if the seats were like the cargo containers .They build an entire park
based on this .Using IOA as a model you walk int POE and get loaded on these cars that are part of some rides and the seats get moved onto others.

You start off by going to a coaster (hulk) and the seats get installed on the coaster base.then it takes you to a dark ride (spiderman) and the base just drives you through.It would do away with lines and multiple load/unload at each ride
It could have a keypad like Rip Ride & Rocket that you could signal you want to exit to a central Food,Shopping,Bathroom area.

And now all I can think of is this:

divusykzeshocmo8vvb1.jpg

That being said, the idea of multiple vehicles in different areas of one scene makes me think of Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Mystic Manor, or Antarctica all of which are exciting possibilities!

That is a seriously cool piece of tech. Take that, puny Ratatouille and Mystic Manor trackless vehicles! :lol:

That is a seriously cool piece of tech. Take that, puny Ratatouille and Mystic Manor trackless vehicles! :lol:

Yeah, this has been my reaction every time I watch the video... and I have watched it countless times. The standard tires actually add to the magic if you ask me. This is why I never reacted to the statements about the newer AGV rides or the slow gliding Energy Adventure.

These suckers look as if they could blow the wall and drive to Boca!

My worry is, what if something goes wrong? Can the driver gain back control?

In a freight yard, if one of these goes crazy, it doesn't matter..in an attraction, with people, it becomes dangerous

In a freight yard, if one of these goes crazy, it doesn't matter..in an attraction, with people, it becomes dangerous

I would very much imagine that any interruption in signal or communications = instant E-stop.

Well this is another cool example of Universal taking industrial tech and bending it to their will to make a cutting edge ride vehicle.

Sorry for the glib word question mark earlier.

The vehicles will have one or more special effects built into them.

There will be an apparent "driver".

4-6 weeks ago, I received the final piece to the puzzle as to how they will attempt to pull off an incredible illusion hinted at a year ago by (I believe) HTF. I was mortified by the solution (kinda sorta in a good yet "shivers" way).

At that time I posted that this attraction will be super creepy for me long before I ever board and for what most may never know.

So, you have seen the tech... the rest will have to be a surprise, for all of us!

Hmmm...by the word "apparent" could the "driver" be in a closed off cab you can't see from the ride vehicle? I could see it being a musion effect you can see from load. Just a thought

Hmmm...by the word "apparent" could the "driver" be in a closed off cab you can't see from the ride vehicle? I could see it being a musion effect you can see from load. Just a thought

That's what I was thinking. They could incorporate the driver getting ripped out of her seat in the film of the 360 part. Could be really neat.

It stops, it doesn't move. Just like every other ride system, including those way more dangerous (see Test Track).

Status
Not open for further replies.