King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they have effects on the seats? A vibration effect for Kong's footsteps and perhaps something at the feed for the rumored bat/bug scene.
Also, what will the story be? Are we tourists who get an exciting new look at an excavation?

I am also curios about this attraction's storyline. Since their using JP's King Kong I would think it would be cool if we were part of the return expeditions that they used for the visual guide ("The World of Kong") that was released when the film was released. I thought that was a neat way to approach the book, all the illustrations were presented as field studies of the islands inhabitants. I am also curious about what the ride vehicles will look if we are looking at timeline somewhere between 1935 and the start of WWII.

Well then this 360 part must be even more elaborate since I feel that that point the screen needs to wrap all the way around. Unless they get clever and have some jungle crap overhead.

If you can say are we talking 4 wide? 6? How many across for the trams at USH?

Depending on how quickly theses things are supposed to dispatch this thing should be a monster people eater!

I can't remember if they are 6 or 8 wide at USH.

I found a pic. Its 6. So it seems like kong will be about the capacity of one tram car? How often do the tram tours dispatch? Cause kong 360 is 3.30 min video, but is our video gunna be that long if you have to run 3 separate vehicles to keep comparable throughput of 1 tram.

Well then this 360 part must be even more elaborate since I feel that that point the screen needs to wrap all the way around. Unless they get clever and have some jungle crap overhead.

Yea I think that scene be more like the big scene in Gringots, where it's more like a dome, rather than two tall screens at Kong 360 in Hollywood... so the film will need to be re-done to utilize some view above as well as left and right.

Gringotts isn't a dome. Its just a cylinder. But it still has the problem of if you look up you see nothing. And in that final room you can see the corners of where the film cuts off. with kong being the height it is I just hope they use it effectively that they theme it far enough up to keep you immersed.

So, while I very much appreciated seeing the very old plan for this project, I recently discovered that this is what we must do with it:

crumpled-blueprint-paperweight.jpg

Should we be excited or worried?

He is referencing that all of those "things" spoken of before have changed... drastically...

I'm very excited and I'm gonna leave it at that.

And FWIW I feel even more confident this ride will CRUSH Avatar's Soarin 2.0, just saying...

The comparison to Soarin freaks me out a bit, but if HTF is excited, no reason to panic.

Doesn't sound good to me.

Yeah. I have reason to be nervous. Doesn't mean they can't pull it off... but I'm nervous, especially because of the major changes.

Oh no no no you guys... I didn't mean it that way. I am a huge fan of the FJ ride system, but I think the ride is somewhat blah. I have yet to ride Gringotts, but it appears far greater than FJ, except that it has been a technical nightmare and at guests expense.

So, that is why I reserve judgement. Do not despair. The timeline for Kong testing is far different from Gringotts, and I have been told, far less complicated.

(despite a ghost vehicle driven by... a park employee you may have encountered 60 minutes ago in US?)

Status
Not open for further replies.