King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement is very curious especially in the light of your discussion about an employee break room being displaced on the Kong site and/or being built in to the building.

Neither have anything to do with the other. Toon and JP and yes Kong, will probably break there too. Regard that observation as me being impressed at well thought design and infrastructure.

Oh no no no you guys... I didn't mean it that way. I am a huge fan of the FJ ride system, but I think the ride is somewhat blah. I have yet to ride Gringotts, but it appears far greater than FJ, except that it has been a technical nightmare and at guests expense.

So, that is why I reserve judgement. Do not despair. The timeline for Kong testing is far different from Gringotts, and I have been told, far less complicated.

(despite a ghost vehicle driven by... a park employee you may have encountered 60 minutes ago in US?)

Lonnie gunna drive?

And I'm curious how you will compare Gringott's to FJ as an overall experience. It seems split about 50/50 on here over preference.

Last edited:
Well that information certainly fits with that other rumored information saying that the outdoor portion can be completely bypassed in inclement weather. Can't go outside if you don't have a roof in the rain!

Who needs to bypass it, give 'em a good soaking! :lol:

Open vehicles would be cool, always feels like you're much more connected with the action.

Lonnie gunna drive the ****?

And I'm curious how you will compare Gringott's to FJ as an overall experience. It seems split about 50/50 on here over preference.
Rarely do I go against Teebs, but I think Forbidden Journey is a better attraction & ride than Gringotts, though I love both. I can ride Gringott's repeatedly since it's a much milder ride, but nothing beats the sensation of flying on FJ and it's fast paced thrills & encounters. Gringott's gets better with repeat rides, so my tenth ride was at least three times as good as my first. Forbidden Journey, though, awed & amazed me the first time I rode it, & even after a couple dozen rides, still awes & amazes me.

Reactions: Brervixen
Are you able to give us a hint on what the major changes are? Are we talking about show scene changes or just more technical behind the scenes stuff?

Rarely do I go against Teebs, but I think Forbidden Journey is a better attraction & ride than Gringotts, though I love both. I can ride Gringott's repeatedly since it's a much milder ride, but nothing beats the sensation of flying on FJ and it's fast paced thrills & encounters. Gringott's gets better with repeat rides, so my tenth ride was at least three times as good as my first. Forbidden Journey, though, awed & amazed me the first time I rode it, & even after a couple dozen rides, still awes & amazes me.

I feel the opposite with FJ. The ride system is great, but the ride's flaws become more apparent with each ride. Still great, but I think Gringotts wipes the floor with it.

I am more in awe by Gringotts, as much as I prefer the additional physical elements in FJ. I think it's the video and 3D quality, to be honest. FJ doesn't come close and it's a large majority of the ride.

Are you able to give us a hint on what the major changes are? Are we talking about show scene changes or just more technical behind the scenes stuff?

The ride path has been changed a bit or a whole lot depending on where. Also, it sounds as if things have been swapped left to right or vice versa in some scenes.

I think we already know/suspected that the stuff after the big screen show is completely different. I believe we may have lost a scene from the beginning and more than made up for it in the changes at the end.

I was offered a whole lot more "information" but believe it or not, I said no thank-you. I'm too much of a yapper and can't handle the responsibility. :lol:

Reactions: Cwoolboy
You are stronger than me, Teebs. I would have asked for the full roar-by-roar.

Cole is just calling gringotts anticlimactic.

But I'm all for a nice big finish here. I hope we see the kong aa do something really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.