Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

Everyone I know is saying Firehawk is not going to KK and likely ending up as scrap.

Screamscape thought that KK was adding a spin-and-spew and not a coaster. I know that they typically just repeat what they read in other places but this wouldn't surprise me.

Everyone, prepare to be overly excited. KI just released the layout....of the antique cars. Sorry. They actually did and it looks like a good layout. A few bridges, decent length. I mean, I was hoping for a POV but I can't get everything. I can't remember if the cars will be electric or gas-powered. Does anyone else know?

When I was getting my SUV inspected this morning the Dealership TV had the Partridge Family show on that filmed at King's Island (1972- filmed, TV debut 1973) during the first year or so of it's opening. Scenes of The Racer and the Eiffel Tower....I had previously seen the Brady Bunch show filmed there, but never knew about this one....It certainly was interesting to see the park in such an early stage of development.

This is a pretty awesome fan-made giga layout.

I saw that on KI Central. One of the responses was funny as the respondent said, "I got bored and quit watching when the words went longer than a minute." Personally, I loved the way that the person who created fashioned the whole video.

Only thing I didn't care as much for was some of the back end turns. Seems like that layout loses some of the speed. I don't want Diamondback 2.0 but some elements like the turnaround on Shimbala would be interesting.

f it’s not B&M then,

Please, no more Vekomas. There is a reason that those things get such bad press. The WDW coasters notwithstanding, I would hate it if they added that Vekoma ride. I think that B&M is the manufacturer (if that filing can be believed) but otherwise I'd like some Intamin love.

I really hope if this new coaster is a giga they don't call it the return of son of beast, as that name (or a similarly name) would work best as a RMC Topper or an I-Box hybrid. as that they are kinda the new gen of wooden roller coasters. Its kinda weird that a park known for its wooden coasters doesn't have one yet.

I'm rooting for a B&M flyer myself. It would be the first one CF had built in one of it's parks. I will LMAO at the fanboys crying for their Giga...lol With that said, it's going to be a B&M, the model is still unknown, but KI is the best candidate among the CF parks to get a giga if any were to get one (of the parks left that do not have one).