Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

They have tickets that include all you can eat pass for under 70 bucks. A very good deal but doubt I'll be going into the park until Scary Farm

Yeah, sorry Knotts, but you're the lowest on the totem pole this year. Having the pass in 2021 was hilariously underwhelming for me. I'll be there for KSF this year, but it'll be my first time back, and even that I'm not that too excited about.

Yeah, sorry Knotts, but you're the lowest on the totem pole this year. Having the pass in 2021 was hilariously underwhelming for me. I'll be there for KSF this year, but it'll be my first time back, and even that I'm not that too excited about.
How did the pass underwhelm?
Six flags is the only time I came out of park less in love with it then before a pass and honestly want to know what makes it not worth it

I think you are all blowing this out of the water . Knotts in 2021 was by far the #1 comeback theme park. They had the closest numbers % wise to pre pandemic. And attendance was up this year obviously with a full year.

also look a few pages ago, I went to Knotts for Christmas and they had more entertainment then ever before. Saw 6 different shows in one day! And they did huge upgrades to the main theater and th ice show was there most impressive yet. Much bigger too.

they actually announced more entertainment for this peanuts festival than years before. They had even more shows for this time of year then ever. But they over predicted, weather has been really bad. They have been closed like 7 days+ the past month because of rain.

so they cut some stuff in the slowest time of the year and rainy season. WHO CARES.

We’re getting a whole land redone and I have no doubt the Berry Fest will have ALL the entertainment and be packed.

Now if the Berry Fest is scaled back then you guys can panic.

Even with 2 major coasters down I think 2022 was nicest the park has looked since I’ve been a pass holder from 2007. And the park was PACKED all of 2022. Felt like the busiest year yet.

(ps I have a broken hand, sorry for any errors)

Last edited:
I think you are all blowing this out of the water . Knotts in 2021 was by far the #1 comeback theme park. They had the closest numbers % wise to pre pandemic. And attendance was up this year obviously with a full year.

also look a few pages ago, I went to Knotts for Christmas and they had more entertainment then ever before. Saw 6 different shows in one day! And they did huge upgrades to the main theater and th ice show was there most impressive yet. Much bigger too.

they actually announced more entertainment for this peanuts festival than years before. They had even more shows for this time of year then ever. But they over predicted, weather has been really bad. They have been closed like 7 days+ the past month because of rain.

so they cut some stuff in the slowest time of the year and rainy season. WHO CARES.

We’re getting a whole land redone and I have no doubt the Berry Fest will have ALL the entertainment and be packed.

Even with 2 major coasters down I think 2022 was nicest the park has looked since I’ve been a pass holder from 2007. And the park was PACKED all of 2022. Felt like the busiest year yet.

I'm not saying its a bad park but its the second lowest on my list to visit this year.

I'll be there for Scary Farm is the effort is there but even with all the good deals, I just don't see a reason to go.

The redone area will be great but it's more for fans who already go and not going to make me come this summer, Sea World has a new coaster this year, Disneyland has 2 new shows and a Redone Toontown with a new ride and USH has SNW.

So thats all I'm saying, I do love this park but if I have to budget its just not something I have to go to this year...unless Scary Farm celebrates its Anniversary

Just to be clear, I don't think any of us are saying that Knott's had bad numbers. In fact, post-pandemic the park has been pretty busy all year round, sans maybe when the chaperone policy was in full effect for those couple of months last year. On top of that, they have added numerous upgrades to the park.

We don't know for sure what is causing the entertainment cuts, and while I agree that that is the stuff that is normally first to be scaled back, it is out of character for them to announce lineups only to have to backtrack and say that things won't actually be there. The Boysenberry Festival has already seen cuts. They have cut the 80's dance party, the bluegrass band, and the live music for the Boardwalk BBQ. Knott's Scary Farm already had it's 2023 dates posted, only to have that scrubbed online and pushed out a week later. Not sure if that can be chalked up to management or what, but I think we are all just keeping an eye out to see what happens.

Great that construction on Fiesta Village is progressing but it seems the heavy rain has delayed everything. I'm wondering if the land will reopen after Independence Day or later with all the rain. Also sad to see that Monty has no considerable update in months.

Yeah, it's not going to help Knotts this summer if this can't be done until July. Maybe they can open it in phases like this to help get most of the land open by summer

Last edited:
Makes sense

I went to 2 Knotts food events and then the Christmas one (which was free but no food because of a Covid outbreak in the state) during Covid and they were fun.

I just wise the Entertainment was more, Sea World entertainment is what I'd like to see more from at Knotts. that would push me to get an AP

I enjoy the variety knott's offers in terms of food and bev, but their operations is a big weak point in my experience. long lines largely due to a lack of locations and limited staffing — something you can also say about their attractions operations, for that matter. that's the biggest thing keeping me from getting an AP. it's not a park I want to just go hang out at and get food and a beer — it would take me too long to get my food and beer.

Per their own statement, the extension is in some part due to the atypical rain shutting down the park for several days. But I'm sure they could use the extra $$...

Forgot to post about this, but I just renewed my Knott's pass a week ago. Haven't been to daytime Knott's in a hot minute. Last time I was there for normal daytime ops was to get my final rides in on Monty before it get remodeled. Between that and Xcellerator being *STILL* shut down indefinitely kinda made me lose incentive to renew as those are my two favorite coasters. Knott's needs to build just one more major coaster so they don't get caught in this situation again (Ahem a B&M hyper). Once they get Xcellerator up and running again and Fiesta opens, I hope they made a new major coaster a priority as well as getting Mystery Lodge open again. Maybe they can shoot to open one in 2025.

But last week, I went on Friday. I needed to kill some time and beat traffic heading down to OC since I was going to go to a concert later that evening (Went to see Greta Van Fleet. Great show!) I was there to kill time, eat some Boysenberry Festival food, get a couple of rides in and have an excuse to renew my pass and get free parking for Scary Farm. It was crowded and a lot of rides were closed, so I unfortunately wasn't able to accomplish much. I got to ride Hangtime, Bear-y Tales...and that's basically all I had time for. Everything else had a long line/slow ops and Log Ride, Monty, Xcellerator, Hat Dance, Scrambler, Merry-Go-Round, Sea Dragon, Sol Spin were all closed. I know they're still trying to revamp Fiesta Village but that's a lot of rides to be closed during a busy spring break season.

But I did get to enjoy some of the food. I got the tasting card and tried the sushi burrito, the boysenberry margarita, barbacoa mac & cheese, bread pudding, and mini corndog nuggets. Foods were good, but nothing mind-blowing to me. I really liked the bread pudding though. That was pretty tasty!

But other that those factors, I'm glad to be a passholder again! I'm looking forward to riding Monty again, whenever that might be. I just find it concerning that we're now practically into April and there's no sign of being finished anytime soon. I find that kind of concerning.

With the dining plan, it can more than pay for your pass if you go enough. My favorite dining locations (Prop Shop Pizzeria & Boardwalk BBQ) also happen to have the fastest service even during peak times. They both also have easy access to alcohol without having to wait in the food lines.

I didn't renew my pass this year and so far, I'm glad I didn't. Like Freak said, so many rides are down. With all the entertainment cuts (although they've slowly brought back some after backlash from guests), I hope they all return by summer.

If they continue the offer they've done in the past around mid-August where you buy next year's pass and get the rest of this year free, I'll renew then. By that time, Fiesta Village and new Monty should be done. Hopefully Xcelerator will be back by then, too.

apologies if this has been covered previously and I missed it, but what's the deal with xcelerator? is the story still something along the lines of, "we're waiting for a part?" a launch cable or something of that nature?

apologies if this has been covered previously and I missed it, but what's the deal with xcelerator? is the story still something along the lines of, "we're waiting for a part?" a launch cable or something of that nature?
I believe so. Screamscape was running a rumor last year that Knott's was getting tired of the downtime and that running the coaster year round might be too stressful on it's parts. They also mentioned that Cedar Fair was looking at the long term viability of even keeping the Intamin coasters in service. FWIW, that rumor hasn't been updated since the end of 2022.

I believe so. Screamscape was running a rumor last year that Knott's was getting tired of the downtime and that running the coaster year round might be too stressful on it's parts. They also mentioned that Cedar Fair was looking at the long term viability of even keeping the Intamin coasters in service. FWIW, that rumor hasn't been updated since the end of 2022.
thank you!

it'll be interesting to see if the adjustment coming to top thrill dragster makes its way out west ... or, more likely, if this is on the list to be replaced.

So Cedar Point is going with a new manufacturer for Top Thrill Dragster to redo the launch and vehicles and quite possibly extend the coaster. I bring this up because TTD and Xcellerator both use similar parts as they're both the same "make" of coaster under the same manufacturer.

There was a rumor that Knott's was looking at either sacrificing TTD or Xcellerator as both had maintenance issues keeping them from continuing ops as is. Now that TTD is getting rebooted by a new manufacturer, they will most likely salvage the same parts from TTD for Xcellerator. They just repainted Xcellerator before the ride shut down, so imagine they want to get a little more operation out of it.

I'm going to say it will reopen by the end of this year. The priority seems to be getting Monty/Fiesta Village done by mid-Summer.