Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's 10 mazes. 7 returning, 3 new.

It's impressive they have more stuff than anyone can realistically see in one evening, even if they have fast lane.
It's the best possible lineup, in my opinion. Knott's creative team have come up with a really strong year that celebrates 50th anniversary; and with the amount of offerings, merchandise, and experiences show that they wanted to give Scary Farm fans the best possible lineup they could have anticipated.

The Hanging being back is definitely what I expected; if only that I somewhat imagined it'd just be the Midnight Witch Hour hangings. Not just, uncensored and unhinged The Hanging.

Kind of nuts that's two shows in one area, with this and Carnival. Have to wonder how operations is gonna go here.

So many things to look forward to. They are, as expected, leaning heavily into their history, and I'm all here for it. No way I'll complete every maze and show, plus the interactive games in one night. I attended my first time in 21, and returned in 22, but this will be my very first time attending multiple nights, and couldn't be more excited.

Can someone give a quick overview of The Gauntlet?

A great lineup! Very excited for Room 13. It's impressive they have more stuff than anyone can realistically see in one evening, even if they have fast lane.
Yeah, KSF can be a serious bang for the buck with how much they offer for the event. This is reminding me of 2021 where they had a ton of entertainment, so there was lots to see.

Overall, this was a really well-done announcement event. Glad to see the return of the Gauntlet and Dr. Cleaver, and as for the return of the Hanging, I have to admire the sheer guts to bring it back...especially at this point in time as there's events a show like this can't ignore. So how are they gonna' tackle it and twist the knife? We shall see!

As for a few other things, Bloodline was confirmed to have no guns. (Only your wits this time!), and while Dark Entities was confirmed to have it's last year, they didn't say anything about it being the final year for the Depths. Perhaps it's been spared for one more year, or did they just forget to mention it?

Also, boy did we all see the reception to the "No Boo" necklace going like a lead balloon to that crowd.

I do think that them just dropping all pretenses with The Hanging is definitely a bold call to make; and that I think it is going to be interesting if they write this show with having an out that allows them to re-cancel it again.

If they are gonna twist the knife and make you beg for mercy, then this is certainly a way to just do it: by going right up in your face on it.

The Hanging being back is definitely what I expected; if only that I somewhat imagined it'd just be the Midnight Witch Hour hangings. Not just, uncensored and unhinged The Hanging.

Kind of nuts that's two shows in one area, with this and Carnival. Have to wonder how operations is gonna go here.
The Hanging is going to go in the Wagon Theater at the very front of the park. Carnival will be the only show on the stage.
Yeah, KSF can be a serious bang for the buck with how much they offer for the event. This is reminding me of 2021 where they had a ton of entertainment, so there was lots to see.

Overall, this was a really well-done announcement event. Glad to see the return of the Gauntlet and Dr. Cleaver, and as for the return of the Hanging, I have to admire the sheer guts to bring it back...especially at this point in time as there's events a show like this can't ignore. So how are they gonna' tackle it and twist the knife? We shall see!

As for a few other things, Bloodline was confirmed to have no guns. (Only your wits this time!), and while Dark Entities was confirmed to have it's last year, they didn't say anything about it being the final year for the Depths. Perhaps it's been spared for one more year, or did they just forget to mention it?

Also, boy did we all see the reception to the "No Boo" necklace going like a lead balloon to that crowd.
Where did you hear this? I hope this is true. I'm also hoping they will surprise us with having some talent on the Log Ride again. If not I can understand why.

Also loved hearing the reaction from the crowd regarding the "no boo" necklaces.

The Hanging is going to go in the Wagon Theater at the very front of the park. Carnival will be the only show on the stage.

Where did you hear this? I hope this is true. I'm also hoping they will surprise us with having some talent on the Log Ride again. If not I can understand why.

Also loved hearing the reaction from the crowd regarding the "no boo" necklaces.

Oh! somehow I completely blanked on Wagon Trail actually being a *theater theater*. I thought that meant the original location before they relocated was coming back. :lmao:

That's suddenly a much smarter move, especially with a headlining show like it.

They literally said it when it was announced. "Armed with only your wits this time."

Also, anybody notice the shirt Jeff Tucker was wearing at the end? Thanks HHN. XD

Reactions: Water Bottle

The link to the moment in the presentation in case you're curious:

(Hopefully that timepoint comes through, if not it's at 27:45)

Good to see they ditched the guns for Bloodline. Haunt is looking good.
Agreed. The maze is better without it.
They literally said it when it was announced. "You only have your wits this time."

Also, anybody notice the shirt Jeff Tucker was wearing at the end? Thanks HHN. XD
I think I heard that but I didn't think anything of it. I didn;t realize they were implying no guns.

I liked the guns in Bloodline…it made it unique…

It really just needed more scare actors and better pacing.

SEE YOU IN THE FOG!
b87606b4-f6ac-4fc7-bcaf-55c799479d58.png

Also, sneak peak into Room 13 from this article:
Room 13 maze takes you inside the Blind Tiger speakeasy at Knott’s Scary Farm

This year sounds pretty great. I am VERY excited for Slasher Cinema and the 50th Anniversary maze. I am also ECSTATIC that Hanging is going into Wagon Camp so I can finally SIT and watch the show. Also, couldn't find it while skipping through the live stream, but a musical? Sounds great. I knew I was already for sure going this year, but I think I may have to look into a FastLane or something, because there is a lot I want to see.

UPDATE: Maybe not FastLane, forgot ticket doesn't come with it, making it a whopping $280 the day I want to go. Maybe I'll do GA and the Boofet or something.

I liked the guns in Bloodline…it made it unique…

It really just needed more scare actors and better pacing.

While I did enjoy Bloodline, I couldn't help but notice that anytime I was in line for that maze, there was a very steady number of scare actors leaving the maze to go backstage, then coming back, then going back to backstage etc. I know there's breaks and all, but these didn't seem like breaks, especially when they were happening shortly after the event started for the night.

Also, to answer your question, @ParksandSights . The Gauntlet was essentially the O.G. scare zone in Camp Snoopy. (1996 - 2009) It was medieval themed, with a King, Queen, Jesters, Wizards, Barbarians, Peasants, those sorts of folks. Watching various TPA videos over the years, they had a wonderfully nutty bunch of scare actors in that zone, quite crafty too as every now and then they'd pull off a neat thing or two. The most memorable to me was the "Medieval Chainsaw", which was a large mesh bag filled with a bunch of shaker cans. Noisy as all heck, but it did the job!

Now with the zone being reimagined, there's certainly little show/story moments they can do with these kinds of characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParksandSights