Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get why not, I managed to take a video of when Timber Mountain had scare actors one year, the memories. I've got to say the Timber Mountain overlay now has a great Halloween vibe and I enjoy it, and Calico is a lot of fun too.

Reactions: Jake S
I get why not, I managed to take a video of when Timber Mountain had scare actors one year, the memories. I've got to say the Timber Mountain overlay now has a great Halloween vibe and I enjoy it, and Calico is a lot of fun too.
When I went the year they did Evil Dead (remake) at Timber Mountain Log Ride, logs bottomed out and we all had to get evacuated.

You should have seen the cluster**** it was to evacuate guests thru scareactor platforms and temporary set pieces, makeshift break rooms and the like. From what I remember hearing at the time, OSHA wasn’t too happy about that.

I've done both Log ride and Calico when they've had scareactors, and I have to say, the concept of it is always better than the execution.

Because of the limitations of where scareactors can be placed (which other posters have stated pretty clearly), there can't be that many. Like, there would maybe be 4-5 for the entire Calico Mine Train, and even then, they were often visible a mile away. It's not really worth it, and usually left guests saying, "I waited all that time for that?" (because the lines were usually crazy long).

Better to put those actors in mazes.

Knott’s Berry Farm invited us to their special event, “Nightmares Revealed,” to see just what horrors await us when the gates of Scary Farm open on September 21.

When I went the year they did Evil Dead (remake) at Timber Mountain Log Ride, logs bottomed out and we all had to get evacuated.

You should have seen the cluster**** it was to evacuate guests thru scareactor platforms and temporary set pieces, makeshift break rooms and the like. From what I remember hearing at the time, OSHA wasn’t too happy about that.
I remember Evil Dead Mountain, if I recall correctly someone performing as Ash was on the section leading up to the final drop on the left. The Evil Dead overlay seemed so random, like that final room for a new Carrie movie in Virus Z (I think it was that maze).

I remember Evil Dead Mountain, if I recall correctly someone performing as Ash was on the section leading up to the final drop on the left. The Evil Dead overlay seemed so random, like that final room for a new Carrie movie in Virus Z (I think it was that maze).
Yeah the Carrie thing was in the high school gym finale of Virus Z maybe a year or two after it debuted?

I wish I knew about the Ash thing but I never got the chance to see it. We bottomed out on the turn leading up to the final lift hill :(

Cool. I went the opening 3 nights last year. Opening night was like a prominent vlogger convention.

Hopefully there'll still be some merch left by the time I get there in Oct this year.

I know people who worked the log ride as scare actors during Scary Farm, due to the work environment and having to wear the masks they constantly got sick and had to call out. It was primarily cut due to staffing/safety.

Reactions: ParksandSights
Does anyone know what's the green witch role in this year's haunt? I mean I know they hanged Sarah Marshal during the closing of the nightmares revealed event but what's next? I know she probably has a big role in the hanging.

Last edited:
Hearing that physical Scary Farm passes are available at the information booth outside the park.

It seems as though they are voiding the back and you will still use your regular Season Pass to get in if you purchased the Scary Farm pass as an add on. I’ll be able to confirm tomorrow when I go to the park.
Thanks! I just picked it up as well as the Prestige Pass. They didn’t void out the back and I was able to add it to Apple Wallet. Maybe cuz I bought a standalone pass and I technically don’t have a 2023 KBF pass.

Also, I went to info from within the park without having to exit the park.

83C4FD6E-1E9F-4DBC-BE8A-66D1BABB9E74.jpeg

lighting isn't great for taking photos (especially if you aren't that good at it), but here are a couple shots from inside the Legacy Store.

pumpkin_stairs.jpgsignage.jpgspider-door.jpg

Reactions: Michael S
It’s not quite confirmed exactly what it unlocks, but it could be as simple as the LED light flickers or changes colors in certain maze scenes, not on the level of the Skeleton Key.
We've seen what it can do at the legacy store and know it does more than just change colors. I was thinking it might be able to unlock secret areas or I'm hoping it does. For sure it doesn't just chance colors it might make some stuff on TVs come to life or make animatronics more and stuff more to come later though.

We've seen what it can do at the legacy store and know it does more than just change colors. I was thinking it might be able to unlock secret areas or I'm hoping it does. For sure it doesn't just chance colors it might make some stuff on TVs come to life or make animatronics more and stuff more to come later though.
Odds are if it opened specific rooms or secret exclusive areas, they would be advertising that much more heavily because it would likely sell a lot of people on the concept.

On the other side of the coin, i really doubt that's feasible since you would either have to stop the line so that lantern holders could go through those areas on their own, which would likely anger people who didnt know what the lanterns were or cant afford to spend that kind of expense, even moreso if that feature isnt advertised. Or alternatively, if you don't stop the line, that will lead to a lot of non-lantern holding people following the lantern people into the special rooms thinking it's just part of the maze. Speaking from experience from my past, most guests who don't know the layout of a maze will just follow the people in front of them even if it's the wrong way, I've seen instances in some mazes I've worked where a blackout wasn't manned at a backstage exit and probably close to 100 guests followed each other out that exit into a backstage area until someone figured out what was happening and turned them back the way they were supposed to go, causing a major backup with all these people trying to get back on the path.

tl;dr if they did work like skeleton key, I imagine it wouldve been advertised by now. And it would probably work more like 2016's where theyre individual attractions rather than special rooms inside existing ones as to not cause line clogging or confuse general admission guests, and considering those havent been announced and nobody was cast for positions like that, i don't think that's happening either.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Odds are if it opened specific rooms or secret exclusive areas, they would be advertising that much more heavily because it would likely sell a lot of people on the concept.

On the other side of the coin, i really doubt that's feasible since you would either have to stop the line so that lantern holders could go through those areas on their own, which would likely anger people who didnt know what the lanterns were or cant afford to spend that kind of expense, even moreso if that feature isnt advertised. Or alternatively, if you don't stop the line, that will lead to a lot of non-lantern holding people following the lantern people into the special rooms thinking it's just part of the maze. Speaking from experience from my past, most guests who don't know the layout of a maze will just follow the people in front of them even if it's the wrong way, I've seen instances in some mazes I've worked where a blackout wasn't manned at a backstage exit and probably close to 100 guests followed each other out that exit into a backstage area until someone figured out what was happening and turned them back the way they were supposed to go, causing a major backup with all these people trying to get back on the path.

tl;dr if they did work like skeleton key, I imagine it wouldve been advertised by now. And it would probably work more like 2016's where theyre individual attractions rather than special rooms inside existing ones as to not cause line clogging or confuse general admission guests, and considering those havent been announced and nobody was cast for positions like that, i don't think that's happening either.
Can't it open specific rooms in scare zones? I've seen the extended forsaken lake area, and it looks like it might have something to do with the lantern.