Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't it open specific rooms in scare zones? I've seen the extended forsaken lake area, and it looks like it might have something to do with the lantern.
from the Orange County register:

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 1.31.40 PM.png
it sounds like, essentially, the lantern will change colors or go completely dark when near trigger points. in rare cases, the lantern will cause something to happen in the park (there's a spider mentioned elsewhere). but there's really no indication this will work like the skeleton key, in that it is unlikely it will grant you access to special areas.

it sounds like the lanterns are sold with a map that shows all the interactive points in the park. so, that should pretty definitively answer this.

from the Orange County register:

View attachment 19691
it sounds like, essentially, the lantern will change colors or go completely dark when near trigger points. in rare cases, the lantern will cause something to happen in the park (there's a spider mentioned elsewhere). but there's really no indication this will work like the skeleton key, in that it is unlikely it will grant you access to special areas.

it sounds like the lanterns are sold with a map that shows all the interactive points in the park. so, that should pretty definitively answer this.
Okay thanks for your response would you recommend getting one of these?

I do see this video also though

if you think you'll enjoy the experience it's going to provide, or if you think the lantern will be a cool thing to display — sure! I'm not going to purchase one, but mostly because I don't want to a) carry it around all night and b) don't need any more stuff on my bookshelf.

the video you shared is taken in the tribute store and is a good example of what I was talking about. it sounds like there will be a small handful of lantern-activated effects throughout the park but most interactions will involve the environment affecting the lantern.

and lastly: please avoid double posting. thank you!!

if you think you'll enjoy the experience it's going to provide, or if you think the lantern will be a cool thing to display — sure! I'm not going to purchase one, but mostly because I don't want to a) carry it around all night and b) don't need any more stuff on my bookshelf.

the video you shared is taken in the tribute store and is a good example of what I was talking about. it sounds like there will be a small handful of lantern-activated effects throughout the park but most interactions will involve the environment affecting the lantern.

and lastly: please avoid double posting. thank you!!
Okay my bad for double posting. I believe it would be fun to carry a lantern around and I have heard it's pretty light so I'll be for sure getting one. Also, who do you think will be leading the opening ceremony?

Reactions: Jake S
Okay my bad for double posting. I believe it would be fun to carry a lantern around and I have heard it's pretty light so I'll be for sure getting one. Also, who do you think will be leading the opening ceremony?
I'd bet The Keeper since they're making a big push with him this year.
I've heard tidbits of rumors about Sarah Marshall's potential involvement in other aspects so I don't think they'd double up with her on the ceremony, and I think people would get a bit confused if the Conductor was doing it since he's been a bit de-emphasized compared to the last two years.

I'd bet The Keeper since they're making a big push with him this year.
I've heard tidbits of rumors about Sarah Marshall's potential involvement in other aspects so I don't think they'd double up with her on the ceremony, and I think people would get a bit confused if the Conductor was doing it since he's been a bit de-emphasized compared to the last two years.
yes, that would be so cool is the keeper lead the opening ceremony.

About the chilling chambers maze. Will there only be 4 themes? Or will they use more? Because if you look at construction for this maze you will see a sign that reads club chupacabra from the underground maze.

Last edited by a moderator:

About the chilling chambers maze. Will there only be 4 themes? Or will they use more? Because if you look at construction for this maze you will see a sign that reads club chupacabra from the underground maze.
The Underground will factor into the maze heavily, as will the Asylum and more. They didn’t want to give too much away, but Easter eggs from all sorts of haunt history will be present, even if not given a full room to explore in the maze.

Check out our article for the reveal event for more insights from interviews with the designers of the attractions this year!

P.S. Please refrain from double posting. You were told once already about this policy in this forum. Thank you

Does Knott's scary farm have any non-acholic drink options for the 2023 season?

Avoiding being behind or in front of someone with one of those lanterns. It really does look like a nuisance. Wish they tried this a different year rather than the 50th. While it does seem very low impact in terms of what it does, seeing someone with it really could kill the vibe.

Avoiding being behind or in front of someone with one of those lanterns. It really does look like a nuisance. Wish they tried this a different year rather than the 50th. While it does seem very low impact in terms of what it does, seeing someone with it really could kill the vibe.
We won't know until we are there obviously, but I don't think the lanterns will be as distracting as some might think in the mazes. I have also heard about some of the things it can do in the zones, and if one of them works out properly I think it will be really cool.

It would be a fun experience I could see why they did it for the 50th anniversary and not any other year. This year they are going all out with tributes and references from the past and the lantern might tie to some of that. Also the mechanics seem to work really well from the interactions at the tribute store.

Honestly, assuming they've programmed it to have a congruous tone lighting wise for each maze and zone, as a guest it'll probably be livable.
My concern lies with the performers. I havent had the chance to see how weighty they are in hand, but from what it seems like, knotts just handed a lotttt of very drunk guests a very viable blugeoning object if they get a little too aggro. Granted, if the lantern only really appeals to diehards, maybe that'll be moot 9 out of 10 times. Yet to be seen I suppose.

Honestly, assuming they've programmed it to have a congruous tone lighting wise for each maze and zone, as a guest it'll probably be livable.
My concern lies with the performers. I havent had the chance to see how weighty they are in hand, but from what it seems like, knotts just handed a lotttt of very drunk guests a very viable blugeoning object if they get a little too aggro. Granted, if the lantern only really appeals to diehards, maybe that'll be moot 9 out of 10 times. Yet to be seen I suppose.
They aren't very heavy. They are made of plastic with the exception of the handle and a few small parts. That being said, I wouldn't want to get hit with one and I hope this doesn't happen to any performers. Hopefully the way they are being marketed and their price point will help avoid that from happening.

They aren't very heavy. They are made of plastic with the exception of the handle and a few small parts. That being said, I wouldn't want to get hit with one and I hope this doesn't happen to any performers. Hopefully the way they are being marketed and their price point will help avoid that from happening.
Honestly I think it shouldve come with some kind of clip to encourage people to attach it to a lanyard/belt loop/backpack, rather than exclusively carrying it by hand to mitigate the risk a little, but hopefully ops and security will stay on top of it with or without that.

Honestly I think it shouldve come with some kind of clip to encourage people to attach it to a lanyard/belt loop/backpack, rather than exclusively carrying it by hand to mitigate the risk a little, but hopefully ops and security will stay on top of it with or without that.
Actually I have the answer to that. It does have a clip and I've seen YouTube videos and pictures of people putting the lantern on the scary farm lanyard. Also does anyone think that Knott's scary farm will have some sort of promo video or trailer to hype people up for all the new mazes?

Also does anyone think Knott's might make a video promo or trailer for the new mazes? I have seen the videos in the past and it would be really cool to have a little trailer or something to get us hyped for the mazes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think it’s too big/clunky to attach to a lanyard or belt. I get the idea, but the fun (and one of the selling points) is carrying it like a real lantern.
Actually I have the answer to that. It does have a clip and I've seen YouTube videos and pictures of people putting the lantern on the scary farm lanyard. Also does anyone think that Knott's scary farm will have some sort of promo video or trailer to hype people up for all the new mazes?

Also does anyone think Knott's might make a video promo or trailer for the new mazes? I have seen the videos in the past and it would be really cool to have a little trailer or something to get us hyped for the mazes?
Between the preview event and what you’ve seen on their social media accounts, that’s about all you can expect to get.

Reactions: Michael S