Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm loving the new carnievil decoration. Hopefully since the posters add new characters they might add the new characters into the scare zone! I mean they are going all out for the 50th.

I always find it kinda weird whenever something like this is described as "taking no prisoners" or just not being censored in any way. Cuz like, yeah, you can say that, but at the same time you're still performing it for a theme park audience, and the audience has to like the show if youre gonna make it a full run, youre inevitably going to sand off some edges just to meet those requirements.

Either way, my main hope is that it's done in a way that doesn't interrupt the ambience of ghost town near the gates with sound pollution, since that would be a real shame and I don't think it would be too worthy of a trade. In a similar vein, im curious how the sound situation in general will be handled, since the intent of placing it in a closed show area so that only people who want to see it will see it, if its too loud, that's really not gonna matter given its proximity to the front gates that most everyone goes through lol.
I mean....South Park

South Park has writers that know how to make fun of everyone and at this point no one even cares what they do.

But I think calling out stupid, whatever it is to me is always funny and that's what the Hanging and Bill and Ted used to do. Not saying evety joke is gold but they call out rich, crappy movies and actors and to me, its a fun way to end the year.

I mean....South Park

South Park has writers that know how to make fun of everyone and at this point no one even cares what they do.

But I think calling out stupid, whatever it is to me is always funny and that's what the Hanging and Bill and Ted used to do. Not saying evety joke is gold but they call out rich, crappy movies and actors and to me, its a fun way to end the year.

I mean things like south park arent really performed multiple times a night on a non-enclosed stage of an otherwise PG-13 at most theme park event. My whole point is that there's kinda a low upper ceiling on how controversial you can get to that kinda audience in that kinda location. I don't hate The Hanging by any means, I just think it's kinda a weak marketing gimmick to talk about how extreme and offensive its gonna be when really there's only so much you can do in that kinda context. Puppet Up could get pretty raunchy, but that was in the Walter Knott theater and not out in the relative open of the wagon camp.
I don't hate The Hanging or anything, but I really don't buy that this show will be any more cutting or extreme than the standard low balling at stuff that makes headlines that they've already been doing for decades, since they only have 20-30 minutes to squeeze a year worths of pop culture digs in anyway.

I mean things like south park arent really performed multiple times a night on a non-enclosed stage of an otherwise PG-13 at most theme park event. My whole point is that there's kinda a low upper ceiling on how controversial you can get to that kinda audience in that kinda location. I don't hate The Hanging by any means, I just think it's kinda a weak marketing gimmick to talk about how extreme and offensive its gonna be when really there's only so much you can do in that kinda context. Puppet Up could get pretty raunchy, but that was in the Walter Knott theater and not out in the relative open of the wagon camp.
I don't hate The Hanging or anything, but I really don't buy that this show will be any more cutting or extreme than the standard low balling at stuff that makes headlines that they've already been doing for decades, since they only have 20-30 minutes to squeeze a year worths of pop culture digs in anyway.

I'll say it: I think Puppet Up was consistently funnier and more bold with its comedy than anything I ever saw at The Hanging or Orlando's Bill and Ted shows. I get the cult of personality that developed around both shows, but it seems like the last decade of each show's iterations were marked with very negative reviews.

Sorry for a slight diversion, but fans of Puppet Up! should know that they still do that show about twice a year at the Jim Henson studios. And show is basically twice as long as it was at Knott's, and done in the historic Charlie Chaplin soundstage. I've seen the show twice there, and as they say during the show, it's basically the only time the public is invited to walk on the studio. Same host, and both time, Brian Henson himself introduced and was part of one sketch.

Some items in the Legacy Store are moving a lot quicker than anticipated. If you have your eye on something and you are debating on getting it, you might want to just do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael S

Genuinely hoping this sole loungefly will be what ultimately breaks (or at least loosens) the bag restrictions for scary farm this year.
Making merchandise that you cant leave the park after buying and return to the park with it for scary farm sounds like an absolute nightmare.
I don't even need a whole backpack I can get away with a 1 foot by 1 foot travel purse or something, I just wanna see us allowed to bring in something larger than a cell phone so I can actually keep my keys and meds and wallet on hand without needing cargo pants lol.

Is this more houses than any year prior? I seem to remember 8 or 9 when I went. Also it seems odd to me how late Knott's releases all the info for this event and that they start so much later than Hollywood given the scale of the event.

Is this more houses than any year prior? I seem to remember 8 or 9 when I went. Also it seems odd to me how late Knott's releases all the info for this event and that they start so much later than Hollywood given the scale of the event.
Nah, they had something like 13 mazes every year between 2007-13. That dipped to a low of eight in 2021 but has now climbed back to 10.

Wow 13 is absolutely nuts. Where did they fit everything? Were they just smaller so the park could cram more in? The houses seemed pretty long overall last time I was there, at least on par with horror nights.

Wow 13 is absolutely nuts. Where did they fit everything? Were they just smaller so the park could cram more in? The houses seemed pretty long overall last time I was there, at least on par with horror nights.
They have shifted away from building mazes that either impact daily operations or are "visible" to day guests. We've lost some of the real estate on that 2011 map that @Jake S posted above (Camp Snoopy, Fiesta Village, bumper cars, etc) but they've managed to figure out some good solutions I think.