Loki (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Loki (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good, now this also won’t conflict with Big Shot .
Can't tell if you're joking or not, but it's actually a solid point nonetheless. Big Shot will be ending right around then and The Mighty Ducks Series will have also finished, but Bad Batch will still be going on with Monsters At Work debuting during Loki's run. They also have a few more supplementary shows that will be coming right around Loki's time like The Mysterious Benedict Society, Turner & Hooch and High School Musical Season 2.

So if they plan to keep releasing everything else on Friday's, especially with something like Bad Batch airing at the same time (which has 16 episodes), it just makes sense to have different release dates for different shows so the "lesser" shows aren't getting lost in the shuffle.

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but it's actually a solid point nonetheless. Big Shot will be ending right around then and The Mighty Ducks Series will have also finished, but Bad Batch will still be going on with Monsters At Work debuting during Loki's run. They also have a few more supplementary shows that will be coming right around Loki's time like The Mysterious Benedict Society, Turner & Hooch and High School Musical Season 2.

So if they plan to keep releasing everything else on Friday's, especially with something like Bad Batch airing at the same time (which has 16 episodes), it just makes sense to have different release dates for different shows so the "lesser" shows aren't getting lost in the shuffle.

Exactly. I am sure the driving factor was to not have an episode release the same day as Black Widow, but eventually they are going to start having shows with a wider audience Venn diagram all releasing on the same day. It makes a lot more sense to start spacing that stuff out.

Reactions: Nick

Do they release anything on Sundays? Seems like that would be better than a Wednesday when kids have school nights. Of the three weekend days, it's the one where people will most likely be staying home. Always seemed to work out for HBO that way.

Do they release anything on Sundays? Seems like that would be better than a Wednesday when kids have school nights. Of the three weekend days, it's the one where people will most likely be staying home. Always seemed to work out for HBO that way.
As of now, Disney+ only regularly releases on Friday's, so moving Loki to Wednesday as its permanent release date is a departure in general. Sure, you have the odd occasion here and there much like May the 4th or Earth Day where they'll release content on the specific day instead of Friday, but it's pretty rare.

I agree that Sunday would be a good day, but I think the goal here is for people to see Loki before they head to the theater on the weekend. After all, Disney does still want to make as much money as possible with theatrical exhibition, so changing the release schedule to make the streaming service successful and it doesn't interfere with theatrical is a delicate balancing act.

@Nick, I was serious and see it as a good strategy for both their theatrical and streaming lineups. Could we be getting more like broadcast networks at some point with releases throughout the week?

@Nick, I was serious and see it as a good strategy for both their theatrical and streaming lineups. Could we be getting more like broadcast networks at some point with releases throughout the week?
I think it's going to be 100% necessary to be more like broadcast in about a year from now especially (or even later this year). Eventually, Star Wars Live-Action shows will overlap with MCU Disney+ shows in their release windows, but you can't release say Hawkeye and Book of Boba Fett on the same day (or whatever, you get the point). Next year we're going to have 4-5 MCU Disney+ shows again AND have Mando Season 3, Andor, Kenobi, and a possible season 2 of The Bad Batch (which, if the show is popular, I don't see why they wouldn't do).

Maybe Star Wars will get Sunday's and all of the "other" shows will be on Fridays? Or maybe Star Wars content sticks to Friday.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Social media embargo was lifted today and they are great from what i'm seeing. Media was given the first two episodes to review. Apparently, the actual review embargo is lifted tomorrow (June 8). Here's a quick roundup of what's being said online.

Basically, what a lot of people are saying about this is that this seems to have more of the buddy comedy vibes that a lot of people originally thought would be in FatWS. Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddelston are being praised for their performances in what's being described as an action comedy. Oh, and apparently the episodes are long and don't have 7 minutes of credits, so more time for the actual episode.

EDIT:
Reviews are out with 59 reviews, Loki stands at 96%. I looked at the few negative reviews and the main thing was a focus on exposition a bit too much explaining the TVA, explaining to Loki what's going on, etc.

Last edited:
That was an an INCREDIBLY solid 47 minutes or so of Television. This show already feels way more connected to the main MCU than the other shows. Lots of exposition in this episode, but it was done in a fun way so as it didn't just feel like they were dumping exposition here and there for the sake of moving the story forward, it was entertaining in and of itself and it didn't feel out of place, either.

Owen Wilson was great and this just feels like an absolutely perfect way to gear us all up for multiverse elements in No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness. I feel like Loki changed a lot over the course of just this episode, which I appreciate in terms of moving things along. The music in this episode was also freakin' fantastic.

During the sequence in 1598 when Mobius was talking to the kid and pointing to the "devil", I feel like it's easy to look at that and again say "Mephisto!", but I think that that supposed devil was actually Loki with his horns.

Oh, and Loki being D.B. Cooper and pulling off that heist is absolutely hilarious and great writing.

Last edited:
Damn this show has got me hooked. WOW! (in Owen Wilson voice)

I know it’s early to say - but if this show keeps it’s path, I can easily see this becoming one of my favorite entries in the MCU. So unique and Owen Wilson is perfect for his role.

Last edited:
I’m more interested in seeing how the reception is to Loki’s finish. Both WV and FatWS had strong starting reviews, but then petered out towards the end.
I have a feeling Loki will land better as both WV and FatWS were pretty much telling contained stories in a miniseries format. Marvel confirmed Loki was renewed for Season 2 before they were done shooting, which to me says they knew for awhile that this was the plan. I'm thinking since they know ahead of time that there will be a Season 2, they will feel more empowered to have a bit more fun with it (and the TVA is certainly a concept you can have A LOT of fun with).

Although I do disagree at least with FatWS about it petering out. I feel like WV did a bit, but I felt like the only weak thing in that show was the Flag Smashers, which are rumored to have had a major story change (change as in chopped up and cut to focus more on Sam and Bucky) after the Flag Smashers main thing was going to focus on a virus/pandemic-like situation. There was so many great parts about FatWS though, especially towards the end that I can overlook the Flag Smashers sucking as villains, although I actually did think Karli was done well.

What I love with Loki, especially with this episode--is that it feels so much of a character episode; allowing Tom to go full-speed on his performance of Loki all throughout the year's. His range in these 40+ minutes is some of the best in the MCU (which says, a lot, considering Sebastian Stan and Elizabeth Olsen's stellar performances). Can't wait to see what comes; especially for the implications that this episode immediately brings to the forefront.

That was an an INCREDIBLY solid 47 minutes or so of Television. This show already feels way more connected to the main MCU than the other shows. Lots of exposition in this episode, but it was done in a fun way so as it didn't just feel like they were dumping exposition here and there for the sake of moving the story forward, it was entertaining in and of itself and it didn't feel out of place, either.

Owen Wilson was great and this just feels like an absolutely perfect way to gear us all up for multiverse elements in No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness. I feel like Loki changed a lot over the course of just this episode, which I appreciate in terms of moving things along. The music in this episode was also freakin' fantastic.

During the sequence in 1598 when Mobius was talking to the kid and pointing to the "devil", I feel like it's easy to look at that and again say "Mephisto!", but I think that that supposed devil was actually Loki with his horns.

Oh, and Loki being D.B. Cooper and pulling off that heist is absolutely hilarious and great writing.

The D.B. Cooper gag might be one of my favorite gags in the MCU--because I didn't expect it to actually be a part of the MCU's timeline of Loki's hayday. Makes me intensely wonder what the heck Loki and Thor did in their youth before Thor 1 in midgard (outside of the rumored What If episode).

The D.B. Cooper gag might be one of my favorite gags in the MCU--because I didn't expect it to actually be a part of the MCU's timeline of Loki's hayday. Makes me intensely wonder what the heck Loki and Thor did in their youth before Thor 1 in midgard (outside of the rumored What If episode).
I hope we eventually find out what the bet was that led to that happening :lol:

I completely forgot this was landing today, that was a pleasant surprise after a rough day at work.

This is going to be a fun series, you can feel it after the first episode.

I completely forgot this was landing today, that was a pleasant surprise after a rough day at work.

This is going to be a fun series, you can feel it after the first episode.
The chemistry between Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston is great so far and with the TVA, I think there's a lot of room to have fun with the concept, especially since we know what's ahead of us with No Way Home, Dr. Strange 2, and beyond. I'm already starting to wonder if the reason Jane becomes Lady Thor in Love and Thunder is because of the broken timeline/the multiverse being opened up. Jane becoming Lady Thor doesn't make logical sense on it's head, but if a Jane from an alternate reality came in, it would explain how and why she's playing Lady Thor and I wonder if Loki will have anything to do with that or not.

Great episode! Reiterating what was said above, my problems with the MCU shows feel like they have intriguing mic-drop first half and formulaic, dues-ex finishes. Hoping Loki breaks this mold.

Reactions: SeventyOne
...my problems with the MCU shows feel like they have intriguing mic-drop first half and formulaic, dues-ex finishes. Hoping Loki breaks this mold.
See, I just don't see how we can have this takeaway with only two shows finished so far. Sure, WV didn't land as well as we would have liked, but I don't know how you can watch FatWS and come away feeling like the second half was a disappointment over the beginning. If anything, the beginning of FatWS was a bit weak and slow to get going and ended very strong. Episodes 4-6 were the best of the season by far (imo).

Great episode! Reiterating what was said above, my problems with the MCU shows feel like they have intriguing mic-drop first half and formulaic, dues-ex finishes. Hoping Loki breaks this mold.

Just as I was accepting we're getting an MCU spin on a Terry Gilliam dark comedy--and digging that idea mostly because of how well the leads play off each other--the last 4 minutes is straight out of Agents of SHIELD or whatever. I don't see how they'll reconcile the silliness of the TVA ("Some of the guys use them as paperweights!") with the seemingly inevitable by-the-numbers save-the-world climax. I hope it's a fake-out and the show continues to be weird.

Reactions: chris.g
Just as I was accepting we're getting an MCU spin on a Terry Gilliam dark comedy--and digging that idea mostly because of how well the leads play off each other--the last 4 minutes is straight out of Agents of SHIELD or whatever. I don't see how they'll reconcile the silliness of the TVA ("Some of the guys use them as paperweights!") with the seemingly inevitable by-the-numbers save-the-world climax. I hope it's a fake-out and the show continues to be weird.
I agree the ending to the episode was... less than stellar. I think there's way more to the TVA than meets the eye and it's not as it seems though. As far as the paperweights thing, the guy didn't know what a fish was, so obviously something is up and why would he know what an infinity stone is?

If we're going to nitpick like that, I think the bigger question is how would 2012 Loki know that they were all Infinity Stones? I don't believe he quite knew the power the Tesseract truly had (that the Space Stone was inside) when he had it in The Avengers.

Reactions: SeventyOne