Loki (Disney+) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Loki (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its interesting to see where this is all going

Also props to Disney for having three shows that are all very different but effect the MCU in big ways

Reactions: Jamesh22
I watched the show again tonight... I'm very suspect of the TVA and think it's very possibly a Wizard of Oz type of situation. I also am sort of interested in where Mobius' character goes (while also thinking is he a potential Loki himself?) because i'm pretty sure he's gonna chase after our Loki and I have thoughts about he could be hiding something too. Also, on second watch, i'm pretty sure that the variant wasn't Lady Loki. There was quite a few dialogue queues, plus the magic she was using seems much more in line with an enchantress.

I hope somehow Mobius can live on after this show because Owen Wilson is just absolutely killing it.

This episode felt probably the most like an episode of The Mandalorian of any of the Marvel episodes/shows so far, to the point where i'm pretty sure a good portion of the episode was filmed with the StageCraft Technology. The end of the episode was not only great though, but I want to give a should out to Kate Herron as the director because that finale sequence was shot so extremely beautifully and uniquely. It made a scene that would've been interesting to watch anyway become that much more captivating because it sort of felt like we were on the run with them.

Also:
So if every TVA agent is a variant, then it makes a ton of sense why Mobius is constantly referencing the 90's (and I think this might come into play somehow). He drinks Josta Energy, which was the first ever energy drink from back in the 90's and he was mentioned the 90's when talking about Jet Ski's.

With how good Mobius is at questioning and not backing down to Loki, is it possible that someone like Mobius was a Shield Agent - Possibly even an alternate Nick Fury - back in the 90's? I'm willing to bet we'll find out the answer in the next three episodes at some point.

Oh, and Loki was confirmed as being bi finally:

Oof, this one lost me.

Lack of Owen Wilson really hurt. Hiddleston so much better sparring with him than an actress who feels better suited to a USA Network show. (I watched the hell our of Burn Notice and Graceland, but you don't see those leads in movies).

Way too much of the episode given to fights with faceless, nameless jobbers. A quick fight to establish a character is a bad-ass is fine, but there's no narrative tension in watching 5 minutes of the main characters cut through NPC guards like a video game with zero sense of danger.

I don't know why StageCraft works so well for Mando, but it failed for me here. Horrible CGI all around--like the acting, took away my suspension of disbelief and felt like I was watching an old episode of Xena.

Finally, the one big plot reveal is the perfect example of why they say "show don't tell." How much better than could have been with a last-second ending where Owen Wilson visually reveals himself as a variant Loki/Fury/whomever. Instead, it's lazy exposition.

Cautiously optimistic for Owens' return, but as of right now, seeing an MCU show pattern of amazing first acts that fizzle out later on.

Oof, this one lost me.

Lack of Owen Wilson really hurt. Hiddleston so much better sparring with him than an actress who feels better suited to a USA Network show. (I watched the hell our of Burn Notice and Graceland, but you don't see those leads in movies).

Way too much of the episode given to fights with faceless, nameless jobbers. A quick fight to establish a character is a bad-ass is fine, but there's no narrative tension in watching 5 minutes of the main characters cut through NPC guards like a video game with zero sense of danger.

I don't know why StageCraft works so well for Mando, but it failed for me here. Horrible CGI all around--like the acting, took away my suspension of disbelief and felt like I was watching an old episode of Xena.

Finally, the one big plot reveal is the perfect example of why they say "show don't tell." How much better than could have been with a last-second ending where Owen Wilson visually reveals himself as a variant Loki/Fury/whomever. Instead, it's lazy exposition.

Cautiously optimistic for Owens' return, but as of right now, seeing an MCU show pattern of amazing first acts that fizzle out later on.
Owen/Mobius will obviously return in the next episode so I wouldn't worry about that. They aren't going to abandon him after two episodes when they hyped him up just as much as Loki himself in the lead up to the show.

This was sort of a middle of the season "let's slow it down" episode where they REALLY took the Mandalorian aproach to almost the entire episode. Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoy Sophia Di Martino as an addition to this show. I wouldn't put her in one of the leading roles that's going to run for 10+ years maybe (Like Hiddleston has done), but having her here for a show is fine. If she ends up showing up in the mainline MCU somehow, then cool - she'll be an charming side character.

I do agree that the StageCraft Technology was really noticeably bad in this episode when it was used. I came away amazed at how The Mandalorian has been able to do two seasons relying mostly on that tech without being this bad. Maybe it's because The Mandalorian relies on it so much that they know it NEEDS to look perfect whereas the Marvel shows have mainly been using physical locations or sound stages.

Reactions: Grabnar
I have to agree. So many fights..can not one guard get that dissolving stick to find a target?? Disappointed.

Upon rewatching (don’t tell my partner it wasn’t my first time), I realized the person who reported Loki on the train was the couple who entered right before them. Somewhere on the cutting room floor must be a one second scene where the couple turns back and overhears the conversation with the guards. Small detail, but I appreciated it.

I love the banter between both Variants, and am excited to see the ramifications for the TVA workers. I also didn’t understand the dedication of the guards. Clearly the planet is falling apart. To still go after Loki despite the ark leaving was…a choice. I would have rather they played into the “civilization falling” and had random citizens attack them. I’m guessing this was done because of COVID filming/restrictions. Guards can have their faces covered more easily for scenes. Similar to the fight scenes in Bourne Stuntacular.

Reactions: Tristan
Upon rewatching (don’t tell my partner it wasn’t my first time), I realized the person who reported Loki on the train was the couple who entered right before them. Somewhere on the cutting room floor must be a one second scene where the couple turns back and overhears the conversation with the guards. Small detail, but I appreciated it.

I love the banter between both Variants, and am excited to see the ramifications for the TVA workers. I also didn’t understand the dedication of the guards. Clearly the planet is falling apart. To still go after Loki despite the ark leaving was…a choice. I would have rather they played into the “civilization falling” and had random citizens attack them. I’m guessing this was done because of COVID filming/restrictions. Guards can have their faces covered more easily for scenes. Similar to the fight scenes in Bourne Stuntacular.

I guess they were trying to keep some of those people back while the ark took off, but I told my partner the same thing. We both were wondering why they were so adamant about crowd control when the whole planet was that close to destruction haha.

All in all, so far this was my least favorite episode. I do think that having Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston together is sort of the reason I loved the first two episodes so much. I think it was Tom who said that episodes 4 and 5 take the show in an entirely new direction so I'm looking onward and upward to next week.

Reactions: Tristan and Nico

Yeah, I also didn't get why the guards were still going after Loki with a building completely collapsing over top of them and all. Considering the circumstances, you'd think the guards would've just turned it in, but I guess they felt they needed to give The Variants an adversary for the episode (although I thought there was one too many fights).

I guess they were trying to keep some of those people back while the ark took off, but I told my partner the same thing. We both were wondering why they were so adamant about crowd control when the whole planet was that close to destruction haha.

All in all, so far this was my least favorite episode. I do think that having Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston together is sort of the reason I loved the first two episodes so much. I think it was Tom who said that episodes 4 and 5 take the show in an entirely new direction so I'm looking onward and upward to next week.
If I had to make a guess, maybe Loki can work with Sylvie to hack Mobius' mind and see what he was befor ending up at the TVA. Loki can use the information to his advantage and gain Mobius' full trust and bring him on board for a plan to overthrow the Time Keepers.

At least that's sort of what i'm thinking right now.

Reactions: Nico
The show is good...but for sure will be my least favorite of the three.

I do want to the say the actors are killing it and the effects for a TV show are really well done its basically a movie. I just wasn't that interested in what was going on this episode compared to the first two but interested to see how it ends...and think it could have the best ending of the three shows out

Reactions: imagin78
Absolutely loving this show. The 70s aesthetics, the varied locations, the general fun atmosphere with that layer of existential dread beneath it. Plus all of the wonderful development with Loki's character. Just a great show that has me hooked, I thought last episode was really interesting. The long take was brilliant and I love the apocalyptic visuals and dread we've gotten from both the supermarket and Lametis-1 scenes. Something that sticks out in my head is one of the Lamentis bluemen falling on his knees in despair at seeing the Ark explode. Something about that is just so visceral to me. I love that these shows are more willing to take risks, like with F&WS and that kill or the spookier WandaVision bumpers. Another bit was the sudden Moonquake in the middle of the long take (im pretty sure) that was mixed perfectly. The sound and sudden cut visually was so overpowering it really made me feel the chills of this impending disaster. Aaaaaaaaa, it's so good lol.

Wasn't a fan of WandaVision in the end, but absolutely love both this and F&WS. Hoping it keeps up the pace!

Reactions: Jamesh22
It seems pretty pointed to me that Loki learning the TVA staff are all variants that have a clouded knowledge of their past is going to be one of the deciding factors that leads to Loki and Sylvie overthrowing the TVA i.e. destroying the Time Keeper's grasp will set them free. There was a lot of hints towards Loki being weary of 'saving people' in this episode so I would bet that angle will play heavily into the climax of the season.

B-R-A-V-O!

Easily the best MCU TV episode to date in my opinion. Story kept me invested - the character exchanges were excellent and some legit turns I did not see coming. Only complaint is…

the CGI. Parts of last week’s episode were forgivable due to the scale but the animation on the Timekeepers this week was like Green Lantern bad. I know I get hung up on what people say, but I really wish Feige never said these will be like movies on the small screen in MCU fashion. It’s very clear they don’t have the budget to support effects heavy material on the scale of theatrical releases.

Last edited:
Absolutely loved this episode. As @HalfGlass said above, it took a few turns I didn't see coming, there was some character appearances I wasn't expecting, and we finally got a post credits scene!

I was right about it being a Wizard of Oz situation! I knew based on where last week sort of ended that Loki and Sylvie would be saved by the TVA in order to save the timeline, but I like that they made B-15 a much more interesting character this week and I was shocked when they killed Mobius. When it happened, I was hoping they'd find out where everyone who is zapped goes and surely enough I knew we definitely would when Loki got axed (and then seeing the post credits scene). This should mean C-20 will be back as well, I would think, along with many others who have been zapped by the TVA over time.

Also, was that Kid Loki in the post credits?? It was nice seeing Sif, too.

Reactions: Nico and HalfGlass
B-R-A-V-O!

Easily the best MCU TV episode to date in my opinion. Story kept me invested - the character exchanges were excellent and some legit turns I did not see coming. Only complaint is…

the CGI. Parts of last week’s episode were forgivable due to the scale but the animation on the Timekeepers this week was like Green Lantern bad. I know I get hung up on what people say, but I really wish Feige never said these will be like movies on the small screen in MCU fashion. It’s very clear they don’t have the budget to support effects heavy material on the scale of theatrical releases.

I think the Timekeepers looking fake may have been intentional since, well, they are fake. :lol: