Loki (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Loki (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
See, I just don't see how we can have this takeaway with only two shows finished so far. Sure, WV didn't land as well as we would have liked, but I don't know how you can watch FatWS and come away feeling like the second half was a disappointment over the beginning.

Hate to be blunt, but probably because in the sense where I felt MCU shows would be an opportunity for these shows to get weird, their cookie cutter formula has carried over after both WV and F+TWS's main takeaways were character development rather than having any powerful impact in the MCU. I thought the second half of F+TWS was extremely disappointing, and if you liked it, all power to you. As a fan of Zemo comics wise, it was a huge missed opportunity.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
Hate to be blunt, but probably because in the sense where I felt MCU shows would be an opportunity for these shows to get weird, their cookie cutter formula has carried over after both WV and F+TWS's main takeaways were character development rather than having any powerful impact in the MCU. I thought the second half of F+TWS was extremely disappointing, and if you liked it, all power to you. As a fan of Zemo comics wise, it was a huge missed opportunity.
Maybe i've liked the shows more than you because i've really loved all of the character development. We've had 23 movies where it's all action, it mainly focused on the original 6 + a few more like Spidey, Strange, etc, and the movies move at a fast pace. It has given these supporting characters a chance to shine in ways they've never been allowed to before and it's nice to slow down a bit. I liked the debut of Loki again, for the same reason. I'm not going into these Disney+ shows expecting heavy action or things that are going to massively shakeup the MCU in ways that are so big that people who only watch the movies will end up being massively confused because they didn't watch every Disney+ series.

I look at the shows as actually getting to see what would otherwise just be a quick 2-minute conversational scene in a movie to catch us up on what they've been doing in-between appearances. With Loki, things already seem a bit more connected to the movies than the other shows, so I hope that continues. I feel like, considering what we know is already happening in Ant-Man 3 and what happens in comics, it wouldn't be a stretch if we got an appearance from Kang the Conquerer.

Maybe i've liked the shows more than you because i've actually really loved all of the character development. We've had 23 movies where it's all action, it mainly focused on the original 6 + a few more like Spidey, Strange, etc, and the movies move at a fast pace. It has given these supporting characters a chance to shine in ways they've never been allowed to before and it's nice to slow down a bit. I liked the debut of Loki again, for the same reason. I'm not going into these Disney+ shows expecting heavy action or things that are going to massively shakeup the MCU in ways that are so big that people who only watch the movies will end up being massively confused because they didn't watch every Disney+ series.

I look at the shows as actually getting to see what would otherwise just be a quick 2-minute conversational scene in a movie to catch us up on what they've been doing in-between appearances. With Loki, things already seem a bit more connected to the movies than the other shows, so I hope that continues. I feel like, considering what we know is already happening in Ant-Man 3 and what happens in comics, it wouldn't be a stretch if we got an appearance from Kang the Conquerer.

That's fair, I thought WV gave Maximoff great development, as did F+TWS for Sam, but F+TWS still sidelined Bucky to me and was very, well, boring at its core. It glossed over Bradley (still appreciate the inclusion) and the ending was a bit awkward considering that I felt Bradley still wouldn't have felt justice from his now-given acknowledgments. My biggest issue was the marketing Feige did for WV. He touted it as a part of a trilogy that lead directly into Doctor Strange: MoM and ended with SM: NWH and it did nothing to even try to pretend it was such a thing. It was a huge tease in world building until it literally wasn't, and ends where it started with the only difference being we know Wanda is grieving. Monica didn't end up with anything new either. F+TWS gave Torres a huge role at the beginning and he kind of just... faded.

I'm not trying to sound like I hated these shows either, I think they're fun, but they also shouldn't hype these shows up as something that is ready to embrace and expand on the whacky and wonderful. Loki at least is already starting off as something literally otherworldly.

... As a fan of Zemo comics wise, it was a huge missed opportunity.

Curious as to which version of the comics Zemo you like, as that character (and most comics characters, since they've been written by dozens of writers, each) has been all over the place. Remember that horrible comic where he took off his mask to reveal a melted face? That's Dr. Doom, idiots! :grin:

In any event, we got the Zemo mask! :cheers:

That's fair, I thought WV gave Maximoff great development, as did F+TWS for Sam, but F+TWS still sidelined Bucky to me and was very, well, boring at its core. It glossed over Bradley (still appreciate the inclusion) and the ending was a bit awkward considering that I felt Bradley still wouldn't have felt justice from his now-given acknowledgments. My biggest issue was the marketing Feige did for WV. He touted it as a part of a trilogy that lead directly into Doctor Strange: MoM and ended with SM: NWH and it did nothing to even try to pretend it was such a thing. It was a huge tease in world building until it literally wasn't, and ends where it started with the only difference being we know Wanda is grieving. Monica didn't end up with anything new either. F+TWS gave Torres a huge role at the beginning and he kind of just... faded.

I'm not trying to sound like I hated these shows either, I think they're fun, but they also shouldn't hype these shows up as something that is ready to embrace and expand on the whacky and wonderful. Loki at least is already starting off as something literally otherworldly.
Whether you hate these shows or enjoy them is no big deal to me, so don't worry about that. :lol:

Speaking to the WV thing about it being the first part of a Trilogy... well, first of all that trilogy will now be viewed out of it's intended order, which actually may make WV even more important depending on if Wanda shows up in SM3 or not. I think when Feige was talking about it being Part one of a trilogy, he meant it was about building her character to where they needed her at for MoM. Think about where Wanda was as a character at the beginning of WV versus where she evolved to by the end of the series. Wanda is going to show up in MoM (and possibly No Way Home?) as a completely different character than we saw in Infinity War or Endgame.

I'm not going to argue that F&tWS got a little boring at certain parts, but overall, the series gave Sam the proper amount of time to see him go from someone who seemed like he didn't even want the shield to making us believe that he should hold the mantle as Captain America without rushing through it. Sure, maybe the series could've been a little better, especially on the Flag Smashers end of things, but now we can have a Captain America 4 without having to do the dance of does he or doesn't he deserve it because they've already covered that. Now they can dive into Cap 4 and just approach it as a Cap movie instead of worrying about how they were going to handle the transition.

That's the big advantage I think that these shows give the MCU. They're doing the same thing with Ms. Marvel before she's in The Marvels next summer. Kate Bishop being another example. I feel like Disney+ shows are more or less origin based shows so that the movies don't have to deal with that anymore.

Reactions: chris.g
That D.B. Cooper joke was one of the funniest jokes they've used in the MCU. I think it was Owen Wilson's delivery that sold it for me.

While I'm still not sure if it was a critical plot point or a random throw-away gag, it did push Hiddleston over Henry Cavil as my pick for the next 007.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I really enjoyed the other two Marvel Disney+ shows, but this was easily my favorite first episode so far. Looking forward to tuning in each week!
I definitely agree this was the best first episode, I just hope they keep it up. I think it helps that there's only one title character instead of the two that the other shows had, which helps them zero in a bit more. Also, Owen Wilson is just great for his role and seeing him try to go toe-to-toe with Loki is just a great dynamic.

The dialogue in this first episode was really good. Loved how Loki projected his own insecurities about control and freedom onto the TVA.

So I like it...but think it will be my least favorite show

Falcon from the get go got me in and Wanda and Vision was fun

Now Loki is great and so this agent but the rest...its fine. I hope the other characters become more interesting and the villain I hope works because my god...when are we going to end these villains which are just the bad guys opposite?

We get it he's water and im flame...but come on. Thor has soooooo many villains could have given one up for this show.

So I like it...but think it will be my least favorite show

Falcon from the get go got me in and Wanda and Vision was fun

Now Loki is great and so this agent but the rest...its fine. I hope the other characters become more interesting and the villain I hope works because my god...when are we going to end these villains which are just the bad guys opposite?

We get it he's water and im flame...but come on. Thor has soooooo many villains could have given one up for this show.
The person at the end of the episode is like 99% Lady Loki and there's lots of evidence that one of the Time Keepers is Kang The Conquerer.

Reactions: deadbydawn and Nico
The person at the end of the episode is like 99% Lady Loki and there's lots of evidence that one of the Time Keepers is Kang The Conquerer.

Bro, I'd just not engage.

Reactions: Nick
I dug the first episode quite a lot. It was good at setting the groundwork we need for what will hopefully be some wild shenanigans to come. I'm super excited to see more of these weird, multiverse stories.

I both liked and disliked Loki having to come to terms with his life and the evil choices he's made. It worked in the sense that Hiddleston is a great actor but it is a very blatant blanket they needed to drop on the story because this is still a Loki who's always just been a straight up villain, he's not the jokester who was more beloved by the time he stood up to Thanos. It really was essential for being to tell a story about this particular Loki without glossing over and changing his character in the blink of an eye.

Ohh interesting...ok

That will be much more fun.

The first 15-20 minutes of this episode really didn’t work for me at first (felt like they were playing Loki as a joke too much), but once we got going, it made sense why they were doing it. Where we left off was perfect with Tom Hiddleston sort of without missing a beat stepping right back into trickster Loki mode that we all love.

The Time Keepers have the most mystery surrounding them, but I think we’re gonna have to wait until the finale or so to see who they are. I think we’ll see Kang’s MCU debut here, but we’ll see.

I’m pretty sure our Loki is playing Lady Loki, although it’s also not out of the realm of possibility that he simply wants to overthrow the timekeepers. I could see him wanting that, but she turns around and deceives him.There’s endless possibilities on where things could go, really.

Last edited:
The first 15-20 minutes of this episode really didn’t work for meat first (felt like they were playing Loki as a joke too much), but once we got going, it made sense why they were doing it. Where we left off was perfect with Tom Hiddleston sort of without missing a beat stepping right back into trickster Loki mode that we all love.

The Time Keepers have the most mystery surrounding them, but I think we’re gonna have to wait until the finale or so to see who they are. I think we’ll see Kang’s MCU debut here, but we’ll see.

I’m pretty sure our Loki is playing Lady Loki, although it’s also not out of the realm of possibility that he simply wants to overthrow the timekeepers. I could see him wanting that, but she turns around and deceives him.There’s endless possibilities on where things could go, really.
I’m way more perplexed on where this one could be going than WandaVision. I’m totally onboard with everything I’ve seen so far in these first two episodes. Owen Wilson might be some of the best MCU casting in the last few years.

so.. does Lady Loki also help setup Love and Thunder? This series seems to touch on/play into several of the future movies.