Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mako was topped off this afternoon:
1012558_1032992263425394_807723990890460221_n.jpg

Sharks Realm has been renamed Sharks: Wreck Reef. Official confirmation should be coming soon.
The bad name may not have official confirmation yet, but it might as well. Concept art on the construction walls shows the new name in a few places now. Keep in mind it simply replaces the logo from old art, so the art itself is not new.

The bad name may not have official confirmation yet, but it might as well. Concept art on the construction walls shows the new name in a few places now. Keep in mind it simply replaces the logo from old art, so the art itself is not new.
Try saying that name fast three times.

I've never understood why people think this. I'll even put it on the record as saying HRRR doesn't bother me... never understood the intense hate for it.
I think HRRR's flack may be a bit more that it's more generically theme compared to the rest. You're not rampaging through a city with the Hulk, or riding on the back of a dragon, or a manta/shark/kraken... you're just riding a rollercoaster listening to music. Not that I exactly agree, in fact I don't even dislike HRRR, but I do get where people are coming from in that case.

Reactions: Fatality and Nick
Ditto. I generally find coasters to be aesthetically pleasing. New artform of twisted steel ...
The first time I was jaw dropped by naked steel. 1978, Busch Gardens The Old Country. The Loch Ness Monster.

loch_ness_monster_01.jpg

I have, too many times, gone off on my rant on impressionistic vs realism roller coaster theming. But I was introduced to mind blowing impressionistic theming when Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd were still making new music. The Loch Ness Monster NAILED theming with very little real theming. You're in the Scottish area. The queue is like a Scottish barn. Bagpipe music playing in the queue. There is a diving bell and a few other theming items in the queue. And then you get on a record breaking (114' drop) steel monster terrain coaster.

The next time I felt that same feeling was when Manta opened. I think everyone "gets" Manta.

So bring on Mako. I like sharks. And I like B&M airtime machines. Kraken, Manta, and Mako is not a bad coaster line up.

Incredibly thankful they now have a guy in charge that 'gets' theme parks. We are so fortunate as theme park fans for the current Florida park situation. Busch is really the only park I'm not yet excited about additions wise....something major on the horizon for them? ...

The first time I was jaw dropped by naked steel. 1978, Busch Gardens The Old Country. The Loch Ness Monster.

I have, too many times, gone off on my rant on impressionistic vs realism roller coaster theming. But I was introduced to mind blowing impressionistic theming when Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd were still making new music. The Loch Ness Monster NAILED theming with very little real theming. You're in the Scottish area. The queue is like a Scottish barn. Bagpipe music playing in the queue. There is a diving bell and a few other theming items in the queue. And then you get on a record breaking (114' drop) steel monster terrain coaster.

The next time I felt that same feeling was when Manta opened. I think everyone "gets" Manta.

So bring on Mako. I like sharks. And I like B&M airtime machines. Kraken, Manta, and Mako is not a bad coaster line up.

Not to get too off topic, but the Busch and Sea World parks have some beautifully designed coasters that are integrated quite well with their environment...Kumba and Montu are my favorite examples in FL..Loch Ness is a great example as well..

That drop has a pretty steep angle to it, so excited

Reactions: anihilnation