Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't able to get any pics, but construction around the Sharks exhibit area and its shop has begun. Also, the shop/entrance structure is almost ready to start looking nice and colorful.

So...I rented a helicopter today and this happened....

12541132_1684865095092435_6480990899575424480_n.jpg

So, I watched that video above today actually thinking that something eventful "happened". Did I miss something?
He does a construction progress video every few days. The only progress I see from the last one is the addition of a few more track pieces going towards I-Drive. Also, it has a cool view of the park and past construction progress.

The first time I was jaw dropped by naked steel. 1978, Busch Gardens The Old Country. The Loch Ness Monster.

loch_ness_monster_01.jpg

I have, too many times, gone off on my rant on impressionistic vs realism roller coaster theming. But I was introduced to mind blowing impressionistic theming when Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd were still making new music. The Loch Ness Monster NAILED theming with very little real theming. You're in the Scottish area. The queue is like a Scottish barn. Bagpipe music playing in the queue. There is a diving bell and a few other theming items in the queue. And then you get on a record breaking (114' drop) steel monster terrain coaster.

The next time I felt that same feeling was when Manta opened. I think everyone "gets" Manta.

So bring on Mako. I like sharks. And I like B&M airtime machines. Kraken, Manta, and Mako is not a bad coaster line up.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the proposed steel coasters by RMC?

rmc_train_render_1_hdr-toning_0.jpg

rmc_train_render_2_hdr-toning_0.jpg

More pictures here:
New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction - Theme Park Review

Mako is looking great. I can't wait to drive past it on International Drive to build my hype.

I have never ridden a RMC Coaster, but I've heard nothing but good things. These single rail coasters look interesting.

I've only been on one; Twisted Colossus and it was a great coaster, incredibly smooth too. Visually, I think a lot of creative things could be done with that style of steel coaster.

I've only been on one; Twisted Colossus and it was a great coaster, incredibly smooth too. Visually, I think a lot of creative things could be done with that style of steel coaster.
The only one i've been on is Wicked Cyclone at Six Flags NE, which is a redone wooden coaster... it's incredibly smooth.

I have over 25 trips on Outlaw Run. I'm still as giddy after a ride today as was three years ago. Remember, there's is two different track systems and the Six Flags differs from Outlaw Run. I'll be highly interested in hearing how that one in Sweeden is received when it opens this year. I believe it uses the Outlaw Run track a wood and steel combo.

^ Hideous and worse. Jim's Design Emporium in Seymour, IN would have been more clever.

(and I just answered a question that I couldn't remember about a different attraction earlier today. Can you figure out what I was thinking about?)

"This concept shows a mako leaping over the word mark, communicating the "air time" that the rider will experience on the ride."

Sometimes when I hear a sentence like that, I remember how much I hate working with graphic designers at times.