Monsters Cafe Closing | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Cafe Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Closing was always expected. The sudden “day of” closure was… unexpected.
I’d say they probably stayed open only until they ran out of food. They probably didn’t want to put in a whole new food order for Monsters Cafe.

The final nail in the coffin has been struck as construction walls have been set up around the Monsters Cafe building, which also includes the former AMEX Lounge and the Shrek and Donkey Meet & Greet location.

AAnnnnnnddd update... :lol: Universal has added Minion cutouts around the construction walls, teasing what is likely coming to the location.

AAnnnnnnddd update... :lol: Universal has added Minion cutouts around the construction walls, teasing what is likely coming to the location.

Gee, who would have expected that?

Hopefully they'll do more DM theming and facades in that area, helping to transform the Production Central entrance into something more pleasing to the eye than what was there before. Perhaps a mini version
of what they did with Springfield, only DM/Minions instead. . Opportunity knocks.

Hopefully they'll do more DM theming and facades in that area, helping to transform the Production Central entrance into something more pleasing to the eye than what was there before. Perhaps a mini version
of what they did with Springfield, only DM/Minions instead. . Opportunity knocks.
As long as they don't paint the arch blue...

I have no issue with a Minion area - but it being at the entrance of the park is very, very odd.
As a master plan when a park is first opened, yes, that would be odd and not a great idea. But with what is there now, a DM area would be a band aid improvement. ....I still think the best entrance choice is to divert it to using Hollywood, as they've done with the other Universal Studio Parks, for entrances. But that may be a tad too expensive with the Epic costs looming over everything.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I see a Minions land at the front of the park decidedly as a step backwards, myself.

Level Minion Mayhem and build a dark ride in its place, and maybe I'll change my mind.

Dark ride would be awesome, but that building is too tiny for it. Even Hollywood was able to build 2 theaters for their Minion Mayhem, we couldn’t even do that.

I agree with others, a Minion land in the front of the park is weird, but USF is just playing with the hand they were dealt. I think they’ll do a good job of theming it.

Reactions: OrlLover
I see a Minions land at the front of the park decidedly as a step backwards, myself.

Level Minion Mayhem and build a dark ride in its place, and maybe I'll change my mind.
I mean this in the most chuckling, friendly manner that I would have expected no less from you. May your wishes be granted :wave: :grin:

Reactions: belloq87