Monsters Cafe Closing | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Cafe Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would pay $0 for a Maroon 5 concert

Speaking of venues though

I wish Blue Man had more capacity and I wish those dagum apartments didn't exist so they could use the FFL plot and a bit of the apartment plot for that

As far as Monsters, I still haven't heard any concrete "this is happening" as far as a replacement

Everyone appeared to be taken very much by surprise

Reactions: Coolbfitz
It's not an official Universal event. It's a private buy-out selling public-facing tickets (and using the concert as a draw).
I imagine this is due to spark of every artist now suddenly touring at once again and maybe they were unable to secure Amway around that time so they went the boutique route instead? Although I have to imagine this is giving Universal some ideas...

I imagine this is due to spark of every artist now suddenly touring at once again and maybe they were unable to secure Amway around that time so they went the boutique route instead? Although I have to imagine this is giving Universal some ideas...

My read is it's a private company who has access to Maroon 5 trying something different. Potentially a lot of money to be made selling a VIP, boutique concert experience that also happens to include a world-class theme park - but we'll see if it pans out.

Anyway, I've veered us off-topic. I can see how they could easily retheme the existing "laboratory" space (where you order the food) into something resembling what they have out at USH. Vague "Gru's lab" decor with Minion references.

Wondering if they attempt to paint/retheme the Transformers facade facing the cafe. Would be odd having a military base looking down at Minions lol.
Honestly that military base has always been incredibly odd thematically. Whether you saw it in New York, Hollywood, or above a bunch of 1950's movie monsters it was a strange fit.

Yeah. Betting that they don't need concerts to draw people for Mardi Gras now that they get the crowds for the food too. The days of free concerts may well be gone. Expensive package concert upcharges sound like a Universal spin of Disney upcharge events. May well be the wave of the future.

Yeah, Universal can absolutely do this similar to the concerts in EPCOT. They already have all of the line management equipment/experience from HHN. Buy a package - get onto the green for the concert. Only have a normal park admission? You can listen from the Transformers queue.

Honestly that military base has always been incredibly odd thematically. Whether you saw it in New York, Hollywood, or above a bunch of 1950's movie monsters it was a strange fit.
I was hoping that at night they would project on that building the right environments and than it would "transform" into the base from time to time. It wouldn't solve the eyesore during the day but at least at night it would look cool. Unfortunately that never happened.

Reactions: Nico
wouldnt be surprised if they use it for both a nintendo store and small resturant to see which food would work before opening epic universe.