MSHI Expansion? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only complicated things of the Marvel license are the contrived reasons Disney can get the rights back as imagined by Disney fans.

The only thing stopping them from using the actors would be not signing a contract with the actors.

Yeah but those actors have their own contracts to worry about too right? What are the chances that Disney/Marvel specified in Robert Downey Jr's deal that he can't make appearances as the character without their approval?

Well wouldn't universal go to Marval asking for the permission to use RDJ likeness and those of the rest of the avengers. All Universal needs to say is that bringing MSHI up to MCU standards helps the brand and Marval/Disney can't really say no. It then comes down to RDJ if he wants to be in the attraction... but at the very least Uni can use his likeness and CG what they need.

Yeah but those actors have their own contracts to worry about too right? What are the chances that Disney/Marvel specified in Robert Downey Jr's deal that he can't make appearances as the character without their approval?

Sure! But again, Marvel's contract with Universal stipulates they must act reasonably. There's no reasonable explanation to restrict that from happening.

Marvel's New York? Can we get a facade of Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, Shawarma Palace, Avengers Tower in the skyline, and a few life size character figures a la Springfield(I hate those huge cut outs in Marvel currently)? Anyone else got some good additions they'd like to see?

Well wouldn't universal go to Marval asking for the permission to use RDJ likeness and those of the rest of the avengers. All Universal needs to say is that bringing MSHI up to MCU standards helps the brand and Marval/Disney can't really say no. It then comes down to RDJ if he wants to be in the attraction... but at the very least Uni can use his likeness and CG what they need.

EXACTLY!

I'm glad someone gets it. :lol:

Marvel's New York? Can we get a facade of Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, Shawarma Palace, Avengers Tower in the skyline, and a few life size character figures a la Springfield(I hate those huge cut outs in Marvel currently)? Anyone else got some good additions they'd like to see?

Agree on the character figures but would prefer ACTUAL people in costumes.

I would like to see either an Avengers or Stark tower with an Oscorp tower right near by. The irony would be delicious.

The Sanctum Sanctorum could make a great themed restaurant. A new restaurant with an eclectic menu would be a welcome addition to the Island.

I would like to see either an Avengers or Stark tower with an Oscorp tower right near by. The irony would be delicious.

Oscorp would fit in perfect right next to Spider-Man. I'm hoping we see the Guardians in some form, I'd love if they got a ride.

The Sanctum Sanctorum could make a great themed restaurant. A new restaurant with an eclectic menu would be a welcome addition to the Island.

Agreed. The Studios seem to have a few distinct eateries while IOA has three I can think of right off. I feel they need more distinctive dining throughout the park (hence my campaigning for shawarma).

Oh I'm not suggesting they get rid of the meet and greet characters. I would just like to see a few figures here and there instead of those huge figure cut outs that fill out the area currently.

Disney won't be collaborating, but I'm sure Marvel will be. Marvel is still fairly independent (even if Disney has final say), so I don't think they really care if they're approving concepts from WDI or Universal Creative.

If Doom goes, and I think it gets rethemed even if it does stay, the F4 pizza place will go to. Marvel and Fox have some bad blood. I expect the X-Men and F4 to disappear from MSHI.

Would that mean all the xmen cutouts as well? They are pretty much everywhere.

Why do you think the cutouts would be removed? I am not following any of the logic here at all.

Well even before these rumors heated up, I always thought any re-do of Marvel would be a modernization of the times. Cut-outs were great in the 90's.

Well even before these rumors heated up, I always thought any re-do of Marvel would be a modernization of the times. Cut-outs were great in the 90's.

Right. I don't see Universal going to Marvel saying, "We have this grand plan to update Marvel Superhero Island. But that dated terrible 90s look? That's totally staying."

If Universal is pushing for a modern, cinematic-inspired look, there's no way the land stays looking the way it does now. It's not a good representation of the Marvel brand, and I would think Marvel/Disney would require it be upgraded to sign off on any new attraction plans.

I mean, I could be dead wrong, but that's where I stand.