MSHI Expansion? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A huge number of major, and many minor, Marvel characters have been Avengers at one time or another. Actually Hulk & SpiderMan were two of the very earliest.By having that family in the contract Universal has a ton of flexibility.

Spider-Man was most certainly not one of the earliest Avengers, FYI. Spidey wasn't part of the Avengers until the 2000s, and it was a big deal when that happened.

So what does that mean for the cast of Avengers Now if it actually does take off with as much hype they've been giving it.

Won't matter. Everyone on the new team is covered in the contract under the "Families" clause.

Spider-Man was most certainly not one of the earliest Avengers, FYI. Spidey wasn't part of the Avengers until the 2000s, and it was a big deal when that happened.

Won't matter. Everyone on the new team is covered in the contract under the "Families" clause.
Spidey certainly was not a card carrying official Avenger during the early years. But he did fight along with the super heroes, who would call themselves the Avengers, against a common foe during their first issues. So he could be considered an early Avenger by the actions he took since the group was largely informal at that time.

Spidey certainly was not a card carrying official Avenger during the early years. But he did fight along with the super heroes, who would call themselves the Avengers, against a common foe during their first issues. So he could be considered an early Avenger by the actions he took since the group was largely informal at that time.

Okay, but he was not an official member of the group until the 2000s, and in fact refused to officially join them many times prior to that

Okay, but he was not an official member of the group until the 2000s, and in fact refused to officially join them many times prior to that

Not that it matters because they have the rights to both families either way...

Do you think that any possible Doom replacement would be family based?

Not that it matters because they have the rights to both families either way...

Do you think that any possible Doom replacement would be family based?

Whatever happens (now some seem to think Doom could stay with significant upgrades while the new ride replaces Toon Lagoon theater, or at least that's what Martin seems to be hinting at on Magic), I would assume it will be Avengers themed and thrill based

Whatever happens (now some seem to think Doom could stay with significant upgrades while the new ride replaces Toon Lagoon theater, or at least that's what Martin seems to be hinting at on Magic), I would assume it will be Avengers themed and thrill based

Really hoping for this! Another thrill ride and upgraded versions of Hulk and Doom!

Geeez JS, I thought you guys had it nailed down more than that! Isn't Martin in the UK? He certainly has his finger on the pulse of things from afar!

I have dropped a few listening buoys within a number of pertinent enterprises so we shall see.

Really hoping for this! Another thrill ride and upgraded versions of Hulk and Doom!

My feelings also. Doom's short but fun, and I like the queue. A Hulk queue retheme upgrade would be enough for me. And an E ticket to replace the rarely used theater & Toon games area would be great. And perhaps a new restaurant with decent food, since the Marvel Island food offerings are pretty weak.

Geeez JS, I thought you guys had it nailed down more than that! Isn't Martin in the UK? He certainly has his finger on the pulse of things from afar!

I have dropped a few listening buoys within a number of pertinent enterprises so we shall see.

I think we have good details but probably not the whole puzzle.

What (seems to be) Happening For Sure: Major Hulk refurb including new theming and special effects, aesthetic upgrades to the land, and a new ride.

What We Don't Know: Will the new ride come at the expense of Doom or will Doom be upgraded and the ride take over the theater.

I don't consider myself to be as well connected as you and Hatetofly, so hopefully one of you guys can get the last few pieces of the puzzle.:lol:

THere are 84 members of the Avengers all prior to the Universal signing the contract...but Disney was smart to use that team as none of them made it in the Avengers prior to the contract signing.

Personally I'd really like Doom to stay. I love the queue (seriously under appreciated as it rarely has to be used, but the preshow film is great), and S&S towers are great. Just reprogram the ride (if they can make it a combo tower that can switch sequences, that would be the best, not sure how the equipment for those is set up, though) and update/freshen the queue.

I don't think I've ever experienced the Doom queue. Always have Express and just take some steps leading to a cutoff at the door and after a few minutes waiting, leads right to the doors to the ride.

But I think the best case scenario would be just updating Hulk and Doom and replacing the unused theatre for a new ride. I've been wanting to see it happen for years.

And I think the food offerings in Marvel are ok. Captain America diner and Cafe 4 are good for what they are.

I don't think I've ever experienced the Doom queue. Always have Express and just take some steps leading to a cutoff at the door and after a few minutes waiting, leads right to the doors to the ride.

But I think the best case scenario would be just updating Hulk and Doom and replacing the unused theatre for a new ride. I've been wanting to see it happen for years.

And I think the food offerings in Marvel are ok. Captain America diner and Cafe 4 are good for what they are.

I always have an Express pass since I stay at the on site deluxes, but I'll sometimes use the regular lines so I can enjoy the queues. The most notable that I do that with are Doom, Mummy, & ET. I didn't see the Doom queue for the first couple of years I went, but once I tried it, I go back often. It's really cool & was unexpected.

I always have an Express pass since I stay at the on site deluxes, but I'll sometimes use the regular lines so I can enjoy the queues. The most notable that I do that with are Doom, Mummy, & ET. I didn't see the Doom queue for the first couple of years I went, but once I tried it, I go back often. It's really cool & was unexpected.

I'll have to check it out. There never seems to be a long wait for the ride. Sounds like I may or may not be getting a lot more opportunities to do so

It's been interesting to read some of the more pathological Disney fans (Pixie dusters) response to this rumor so far, I think when this eventually gets announced publicly some of them are going to become unhinged even moreso. Some of them are in complete denial. But Marvel and IOA getting an upgrade is probably a much better outcome than if Disney itself got theme park rights back in Florida.

Personally I'd really like Doom to stay. I love the queue (seriously under appreciated as it rarely has to be used, but the preshow film is great), and S&S towers are great. Just reprogram the ride (if they can make it a combo tower that can switch sequences, that would be the best, not sure how the equipment for those is set up, though) and update/freshen the queue.

I think UNI is trying to move away from the same kind of rides you can find at most other parks, and besides the queue, that's exactly what FearFall is.

I always thought they could just enclose the existing towers and put some screens up inside the ride to make it more unique, and probably wouldn't cost very much.

It's been interesting to read some of the more pathological Disney fans (Pixie dusters) response to this rumor so far, I think when this eventually gets announced publicly some of them are going to become unhinged even moreso. Some of them are in complete denial. But Marvel and IOA getting an upgrade is probably a much better outcome than if Disney itself got theme park rights back in Florida.

That's for sure. WDW Magic posters, for one, were having an epiphany....The big difference between Universal & Disney. We're discussing what Universal is going to build in 2016, 2017, 2018. WDW forums are discussing what may be coming in 2020, 2021 & 2022. Their near term is our long term.