MSHI Expansion? | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I’ve always wanted them to build “chutes” midway up the towers, with lighting effects and maybe screens. The MAIN purpose though would be to basically remove the sunlight from load. Make load dark, like the queue, and fill it with fog and strobing green lights right before launch. They could REALLY plus a fairly mediocre attraction without much investment.

See also, enclosing Storm Force.

I have always wondered if a screen could take the forces of a launch if it was attached to the seats.

Personally, I’ve always wanted them to build “chutes” midway up the towers, with lighting effects and maybe screens. The MAIN purpose though would be to basically remove the sunlight from load. Make load dark, like the queue, and fill it with fog and strobing green lights right before launch. They could REALLY plus a fairly mediocre attraction without much investment.

See also, enclosing Storm Force.
Imagine if they put the Tokyo Indiana Jones Twister effect in Storm Force.

All of that sounds great, i'll take a plussed up Doom and SF if that's all we can get. But i'd still just really love to kill both attractions and see them put in another E-ticket into the land. :lol:
I think the park needs more flat rides before we can starting axing the few they have. Maybe double up on Storm Force and put some in the Comic Strip Alley if that gets replaced.

Regardless, room for an E-Ticket in Marvel is tight unless it's a simulator or they get rid of the Toon Lagoon Theater.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
They can update the area but it's not going to fix the 3 main issues; The ride itself is nothing special and can found at amusement parks all over the world, the capacity is terrible for the number of visitors that IOA now has and Dr Doom as a character isn't that widely known (This will no doubt change in the future as he's introduced into the MCU).
Ahem, UMvC3 players? FOOT DIVE!!

Are Disney allowed to show any art from Marvel in the parks? Specifically Festival of the Arts?

Something like this?

Are Disney allowed to show any art from Marvel in the parks? Specifically Festival of the Arts?

Something like this?
I've seen Marvel art on sale at Epcot

And there's cinematic versions of Marvel characters at IOA on sale

We're dangerously close to Brian re-posting the "marvel contract" thread again

I've seen Marvel art on sale at Epcot

And there's cinematic versions of Marvel characters at IOA on sale

We're dangerously close to Brian re-posting the "marvel contract" thread again

I didn't think that was an easily answered question.

Anything Marvel is fair game to sell in MSHI.

Having any art in Epcot might be off limits since the Iron Man monorail train wasn't permitted to enter Epcot.

Throwin' my thought out here....

I would love to see Uni amplify MSHI by keeping a similar facade structure with updated painting but introduce a lot of the interactive elements that have made HP so immersive. I was thinking the other day that, while nostalgic, the current comic book theme seems to stand out in a dated way. If I'm Uni, I'm wanting to hold on to this land for as long as I can so why not pour some money into it? Update the overall aesthetic, the interactive elements, the restaurants, and renew/redo Doom. While not a "new" land, the enhancements would add something to the table for IOA while EU is being built.

And please - can we update the meet n' greet character costumes?

I didn't think that was an easily answered question.

Anything Marvel is fair game to sell in MSHI.

Having any art in Epcot might be off limits since the Iron Man monorail train wasn't permitted to enter Epcot.

Now that makes sense, I don't think any art related to the Marvel characters used at nearby IOA can be used at WDW either because WDW can't use IOA-related Marvel characters painted in whatever what's inside the parks.

Probably a stupid question but does Spiderman use the entirety of the warehouse it is connected to or is there anything unused? Anything underground?

Merchandise is not a ride/attraction. The monorail--while a bit of a stretch in the minds of most Orlando fans---arguably is.

Could I see an argument if Disney, say, built a highly themed Daily Bugle shop exclusively to sell Spidey merch? Maybe. But a couple pieces of generic Marvel merch scattered through a generic store (or art booth) isn't the kind of thing the contract is directed toward. Note that UOR sold generic DC merch in the Terminator store for a while, despite not owning the rights to make any sort of DC attraction.

Merchandise is not a ride/attraction. The monorail--while a bit of a stretch in the minds of most Orlando fans---arguably is.

Could I see an argument if Disney, say, built a highly themed Daily Bugle shop exclusively to sell Spidey merch? Maybe. But a couple pieces of generic Marvel merch scattered through a generic store (or art booth) isn't the kind of thing the contract is directed toward. Note that UOR sold generic DC merch in the Terminator store for a while, despite not owning the rights to make any sort of DC attraction.
Disney also has no issue selling generic Marvel toys in the WDW parks.

I like the idea of adding interactive stuff a la Nintendo or Potter. I'd like to see them refresh the look of the land overall and Doom is not living up to the quality of the rest of the land. Obv food is a miss too.
IMO a refresh to bring the look in line with more modern comics and theme parks would be great. And yea, interactivity would be neat.

It would also never happen, but I would love for them to replace Captain America Diner or the arcade with "The Bar With No Name", the bar were all the supervillains in New York hang out.

Reactions: USO92
One day, Disney and Universal will get their shizzle together and produce an amazing Avengers interactive experience... but that's one day...
In some way, I hope you’re right. Kind of like Marvel Studios and Sony striking a deal. But the problem is that these are really two companies who directly compete against each other in profit margins. All other local amusement parks hold no water in the competition (save for maybe SeaWorld). So unlike Sony and Disney who are two of quite a few studios, this deal would mean sharing profits with the company taking away their profits. If Disney couldn’t make Marvel land in California because of the agreement I would say maybe they’d strike a deal, but Universal brings in a lot of cash from merchandise at the park in the Marvel land. They’d be foolish to give it up in the near future given the hype surrounding the IP and their plans for Epic Universe.

One day, Disney and Universal will get their shizzle together and produce an amazing Avengers interactive experience... but that's one day...

That would never happen unfortunately, because both parks are bitter theme park rivals. It's also one of the reasons why Universal refuse to let go of the distribution of any solo Hulk film if Disney is to ever produce it.

That would never happen unfortunately, because both parks are bitter theme park rivals. It's also one of the reasons why Universal refuse to let go of the distribution of any solo Hulk film if Disney is to ever produce it.
I wish Universal got DC like they wanted... Six Flags would've given it the OK signal... I could see a Batman clone where Hulk is...

I wish Universal got DC like they wanted... Six Flags would've given it the OK signal... I could see a Batman clone where Hulk is...
Universal and DC would feel so wrong. Six Flags is DC and Cartoon Network, Universal is Marvel and Nickelodeon, Disney is Disney Channel. Is it just me, or did no one watch Disney Channel back in the day? Can barely remember anything that aired on there hahahahaha