MSHI Expansion? | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cartoon Network
Not anymore, and not for a while. I understand why; TV is hard to do in theme parks because programming lineups on networks keep changing and changing; I recall understanding that Jimmy Neutron’s would have its show scenes switched out every so often as new shows came and went, like a primitive Star Tours II - that never happened.

SpongeBob works because it’s very much shown itself capable of being financially viable through the years, but even then, no ride, just a store and walkarounds. Dora and co. are on their way out, as the individual Superstar units are phased out with them, and after that, it’ll just be SpongeBob and The Simpsons for TV at Universal.

Six Flags would never concern themselves with that matter (not their field), and Disney doesn’t try either, knowing their shows ultimately have shelf lives; notice how the only prominent cases of Disney’s TV shows getting theme park rep is at EPCOT, in the World Showcase Adventures, and even then, that’s on ice right now.

Not anymore, and not for a while. I understand why; TV is hard to do in theme parks because programming lineups on networks keep changing and changing; I recall understanding that Jimmy Neutron’s would have its show scenes switched out every so often as new shows came and went, like a primitive Star Tours II - that never happened.

SpongeBob works because it’s very much shown itself capable of being financially viable through the years, but even then, no ride, just a store and walkarounds. Dora and co. are on their way out, as the individual Superstar units are phased out with them, and after that, it’ll just be SpongeBob and The Simpsons for TV at Universal.

Six Flags would never concern themselves with that matter (not their field), and Disney doesn’t try either, knowing their shows ultimately have shelf lives; notice how the only prominent cases of Disney’s TV shows getting theme park rep is at EPCOT, in the World Showcase Adventures, and even then, that’s on ice right now.

Don't forget The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon!

Ok, maybe forget The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.

I wish Universal got DC like they wanted... Six Flags would've given it the OK signal... I could see a Batman clone where Hulk is...
Ignoring the Batman clone comment - for sanity reasons

I would love to see Universal's take on Gotham City

Especially in IOA

Sometimes I want to visit the alt universe where Batman was actually built in IOA instead of Marvel

Ignoring the Batman clone comment - for sanity reasons

I would love to see Universal's take on Gotham City

Especially in IOA

Sometimes I want to visit the alt universe where Batman was actually built in IOA instead of Marvel

100%. Its still my number 1 irrational theme park fantasy.

Reactions: shiekra38
Bumping this sucker from hell or high water and all I'll say is--Vekoma's new Suspended model would make for a killer Iron Legion attraction if they dust it from the shelves for post EU.

With Vekoma figuring out how to make what seems to be a suspension based DOF dark ride system capable of the fact; it feels like something that could easily allow Universal to dust off the project if it's capable of maintaining the weight and suspension.

Bumping this sucker from hell or high water and all I'll say is--Vekoma's new Suspended model would make for a killer Iron Legion attraction if they dust it from the shelves for post EU.

With Vekoma figuring out how to make what seems to be a suspension based DOF dark ride system capable of the fact; it feels like something that could easily allow Universal to dust off the project if it's capable of maintaining the weight and suspension.

God… a suspended Scoop is such a great, simple concept.

Yeah, Marvel attractions should be exciting/thrilling, not a slow-moving dark ride with minimal movement in my opinion.

That ride system works best for a future E.T. redo with more motion capabilities.
I could see it working for Pokemon as well.

I don't think we'll ever get another Marvel attraction at this point, but if we did I'd pray for a Vekoma Flying coaster. Just too perfect of a concept for Iron Man

I’d pay for a premium experience of stepping into a suit that’s fully controlled with your body and a VR HUD attached to a Kuka arm.

Let me be Iron Man.

Oh, and AC/DC’s “Shoot to Thrill” in the background ;)

Reactions: TylerG
Still awaiting the exit techno music in the Spider-Man ride
I found this a little while back, the description says it's portions of the music from Japan stitched together. By far the best I've been able to find.
Edit: for some reason when I post it says that the video is unavailable, if there's some other way I should be linking the video other than the 'insert link' function please let me know

If this isn’t the right thread for this question you can move it but here it goes.

Is there a contract stipulation that prevents Universal from building or adding any new addition to MSHI per some regulation per the mouse?
TY

If this isn’t the right thread for this question you can move it but here it goes.

Is there a contract stipulation that prevents Universal from building or adding any new addition to MSHI per some regulation per the mouse?
TY
Storm was a new addition, a long time ago. They looked at adding an Iron Man themed attraction a few years back, but the tech didn't look like it would work. Of course there's always the negative that they have to work with Disney to ensure a new attraction meets the contract language terms.

Reactions: TylerG