NBA City Closed | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the NBA City Twitter is saying August 16th is the new closing date, which means I'm going to just miss it. So now I'm down 2 restaurants, NBA and NASCAR. Guess I'm gonna have to leave my comfort zone and try a new spot

So now the NBA City Twitter is saying August 16th is the new closing date, which means I'm going to just miss it. So now I'm down 2 restaurants, NBA and NASCAR. Guess I'm gonna have to leave my comfort zone and try a new spot

Cowfish...you will never look back on NBA or NASCAR

I'm assuming that Universal is interested in having as short of a gap as possible between NBA closing and NBC Sports Grill and Brew opening.

Could this earlier than expected NBA close date mean that NBC Sports Grill could open sooner than "Fall"?

I'm assuming that Universal is interested in having as short of a gap as possible between NBA closing and NBC Sports Grill and Brew opening.

Could this earlier than expected NBA close date mean that NBC Sports Grill could open sooner than "Fall"?
It has to be open in time for HHN or October IMO, too much business potential waiting there.

I've heard more rumblings that NBA City will become WWE Hall of Fame and Restaurant. I REALLY hope it's not, but it looks like it may be basically more of the same.

I was really wanted something unique...

I've heard more rumblings that NBA City will become WWE Hall of Fame and Restaurant. I REALLY hope it's not, but it looks like it may be basically more of the same.

I was really wanted something unique...

This is actually what I'm hoping we get, granted the hall of fame is given the space it needs.

Reactions: Shucker
Ugh. God I hope it's not the WWE thing. That'll flame out faster than NBA City did.

I dunno about that. If it's a crappy restaurant with a coat of paint on it like NBA was, then I'd agree with you, but the WWE has been putting together memorabilia for a physical HoF for years. WWE has put a lot of money into Orlando between Full Sail/NXT and the Performance Center. They might be willing to do it right.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I dunno about that. If it's a crappy restaurant with a coat of paint on it like NBA was, then I'd agree with you, but the WWE has been putting together memorabilia for a physical HoF for years. WWE has put a lot of money into Orlando between Full Sail/NXT and the Performance Center. They might be willing to do it right.

Doing it right or not, WWE is an incredibly niche market.

No more so than Hello Kitty or Blue Man Group.

Wow you're all over the place with this post.:lol:

Hello Kitty is getting a small store in USF, not one of the biggest venues in City Walk. Not really sure how BMG is comparable in the slightest, but I think the normal guests would me more willing to give it a shot than a hall of fame for greased up men.

I guess we can just point to their NY restaurant that flopped as a good example, and that opened during massive popularity.
NYC and the northeast in general is the toughest mark for any chain/corporate business to come in and be successful as the northeast generally favors their own, with lots of family owned restaurants. Frank Sanatra's famous quote is "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere" referring to NY doesn't mean if you fail in NY you can't make it in Orlando, which is a MUCH different market.

I'm not even a WWE fan, have never watched it in my life. But I still think it could be successful. I don't think it would be wise to use the entire NBA City plot however as I already stated though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.