NBA City Closed | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this would be a good business decision for Universal. I've been a wrestling fan my whole life so I may be a bit biased. Orlando has kinda become the unofficial home of WWE with NXT and the performance center. They could probably do a bunch of signings with guys since a lot of them live in Orlando/Florida and other things like that.

Wrestling isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the fanbase is bigger than you'd expect and would bring a lot of people there.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I was just curious, so I checked out a few wrestling sites... And wrestling fans are going crazy over the "announcement." One fan tried to temper expectations on one site by pointing out evidently the exact same website posted the same rumor last time Wrestlemania was announced in Orlando (not sure if that's true, but he claims it is.)

Agreed. Rumor dead again and move on quickly. Love it!

Not to delve into psychology, but if it were let's say King Kong, would you still "Love it!", or is that excitement just because it's something that isn't up your alley?

I was just curious, so I checked out a few wrestling sites... And wrestling fans are going crazy over the "announcement." One fan tried to temper expectations on one site by pointing out evidently the exact same website posted the same rumor last time Wrestlemania was announced in Orlando (not sure if that's true, but he claims it is.)

This is why I hate when people post false or misleading things then duck under "it's just a rumor" clauses.

But I did get to interview John Cena and Rick Flair.

I have to ask, for somebody who doesn't like wrestling, how did you find them?

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but I'd be interested to see a movie drive in idea showing classic Universal films. Obviously have a BTTF3 type car as an option to sit.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
John Cena does movies now, so he's an actor in addition to the wrestling.

@yankees13 I don't think a WWE Hall of Fame is a bad idea per se. I just think it's wasted potential for such a big space in Citywalk.

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but I'd be interested to see a movie drive in idea showing classic Universal films. Obviously have a BTTF3 type car as an option to sit.
I absolutely love that idea, but I think it would be seen as too much of a rip off of Sci-Fi Dine In. Perhaps a restaurant that recreated multiple interior scenes of various restaurants in movies? Something kind of like DCA's soap opera restaurant with things like Cafe 80's and similar from other movies.

Reactions: Scott W.
I absolutely love that idea, but I think it would be seen as too much of a rip off of Sci-Fi Dine In. Perhaps a restaurant that recreated multiple interior scenes of various restaurants in movies? Something kind of like DCA's soap opera restaurant with things like Cafe 80's and similar from other movies.

I did think that and I think the other restaurants wouldn't be too happy if they're involved in the CityWalk movie and a meal deal (Which I think is pretty great value)

Not to delve into psychology, but if it were let's say King Kong, would you still "Love it!", or is that excitement just because it's something that isn't up your alley?

I meant I love this site. That we gathered together and figured it out quickly as possible. It had nothing to do with results of the fact finding mission.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Status
Not open for further replies.