NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol I don't know with Carson now leading in some polls, I asked if we could have Trump back as the leader in the polls :) Our country is in so much trouble with most of these candidates on either side.
(This is a post from November) A good example of how quick some the top nominees fall. Now it's like, "Carson who?":lol:

Reactions: Macfr3ak and IzzyB
Why the ugly face? Trump is really smart cause he's a billionaire and that's all the reason I need! Plus he went to that there Wharthogs School of Business Stuff so he knows, yah know, business stuff. So watch what you say young pup. When he becomes Precedent of America I have a place all picked out on my wall for his picture.
OK. Agreed. No politics. :lol:

We had lunch at NBC Sports Grill yesterday and we couldn't of had a worse experience. We all felt like it was a complete waste of money since the food quality was typical theme park bottom of the barrel overpriced trash.
This was our first and last time eating there. We had a chicken salad which featured disgusting mushy chicken. You know the kind that is served cold that has been subjected to freezer burn and repeated thawings and two hamburgers which tasted like the cheapest frozen Sysco patty available. NBC, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I could go on and on but I trust the picture is clear: stay away.

We had lunch at NBC Sports Grill yesterday and we couldn't of had a worse experience. We all felt like it was a complete waste of money since the food quality was typical theme park bottom of the barrel overpriced trash.
This was our first and last time eating there. We had a chicken salad which featured disgusting mushy chicken. You know the kind that is served cold that has been subjected to freezer burn and repeated thawings and two hamburgers which tasted like the cheapest frozen Sysco patty available. NBC, you should be ashamed of yourself.

That sounds terrible, did you complain to the manager?

Reactions: Quint

This sounds awful, and i was just planning on convincing my group to go here this weekends looks like i wont be heading there. I dont want to be THAT guy that convinced (forced) everyone to go somewhere specially expensive and it turns out to be an experience like this.

Yes we did. They took the chicken salad off the bill but there is no saving this restaurant if they charge $14 for a frozen hockey puck masquerading as a burger, reheated ears of corn, etc. simply put, nothing was fresh tasting and no amount of toppings or sauces can cover that fact up.
On another note, the pizza at Sal's has gone in the gutter as well. We ate there last night since we stayed at the Portafino hotel and wanted a sure thing based on prior experience. The older pizza maker isn't there anymore and he must have taken his skills with him. I guess we have to open our wallets much wider in order for our pallets to get happy at Universal these days because the accountants rule quality from our two dining experiences.

That's a real shame your experience was this bad. We've eaten there 3 times or so and the first during softs was incredibly good. The two shortly afterwards weren't quite as good but still worth going again.

Definitely glad you spoke to a manager and I can understand where you are coming from. Getting frozen mushy shrimp cocktail at Bubba Gump's and being told it was how it was supposed to be, made sure we never went back again.

Also sad to hear Sal's isn't as good, perhaps it was just an off night? Red Oven was pretty good (not as good as Sal's was) and reasonably priced in my opinion.

I'm not a food snob and no one else in my family is either. We just want what we pay for. That said, we do expect to overpay at Universal but we certainly didn't expect food quality to drop to laughable levels.
I've never complained about the available dining options previously and we've had good meals at Cow Fish, Vivo, Margaritaville, NASCAR, tchoup chop, emrils, bice, myths, mamma dellas, and others. And in each case, we just about got what we expected. That's really what makes this trip so disappointing. Throw in Kong not being open or hulk and oh well...

Reactions: SeventyOne
I've never really understood the point of that. If the manager was at all competent at his job, the restaurant wouldn't have served that food to begin with.
Well it at least gets the point across that things in certain areas need to be fixed. But mostly people do it if they feel like they didn't get what they paid for and want their money back.

Reactions: Blue
PLEASE let them know about your experience. Universal has been great with listening to feedback over the years and I want to make sure this is an isolated incident more than anything. I'm PMing you the name of a supervisor in CityWalk Guest Services. Do with it what you wish.

Reactions: Blue
Sounds like your typical theme park dinner. I don't think I've ever had a "great" meal at a theme park or "downtown" are in my life, and this includes Epcot..which I've had decent to good meals, but paid through the nose.

we ate at this supposed "excellent" craft beer / restaurant of International Drive a couple weeks ago, called Marlow's Tavern. The menu was promising but the food was anything but. Tasted old and frozen. My wife actually got sick on the way home. The only redeeming quality was they had Grapefruit Sculpin.

It's amazing how cheap these places are, and the prices they charge. You are better off going to a counter service place like Burger Fi or Five Guys.

Sounds like your typical theme park dinner. I don't think I've ever had a "great" meal at a theme park or "downtown" are in my life, and this includes Epcot..which I've had decent to good meals, but paid through the nose.

we ate at this supposed "excellent" craft beer / restaurant of International Drive a couple weeks ago, called Marlow's Tavern. The menu was promising but the food was anything but. Tasted old and frozen. My wife actually got sick on the way home. The only redeeming quality was they had Grapefruit Sculpin.

It's amazing how cheap these places are, and the prices they charge. You are better off going to a counter service place like Burger Fi or Five Guys.
Marlow's Tavern was flat out terrible. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Reactions: Disneyhead