Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destination D23 is November 19th at Walt Disney World, which is the 5 weeks being referred to above. It's not the D23 Expo (which will be next September), but they have announced big things on the off-year celebrations before, although mostly it's just been a long news drop of secondary things adding on to already announced projects. Technically though, this would've been the normal Expo year, so they may have more than normal. In the past, they've announced Harmonious and MMRR coming to Disneyland.

We have a thread with all the info about the event over here:
Thanks for the info. I forgot it’s Destination D. Of course that’s also IAAPA week. Of course.

Honestly? I'd be surprised to see prime's long term replacement get announced at D23. In fact, I believe that is still undecided. That said, I could easily see some type of temporary use being made and announced (Such as a M&G facility or something).

While I can absolutely understand that, who's to say they couldn't announce something now, at Destination D23; for a 2025 time-window? Perhaps, as a way to compete directly with Epic Universe? Just thinking out loud.

Honestly? I'd be surprised to see prime's long term replacement get announced at D23. In fact, I believe that is still undecided. That said, I could easily see some type of temporary use being made and announced (Such as a M&G facility or something).
When they announced Avatar, they didn't have a lick of an idea of what they were building, but it made for a good headline. Coming to a decision hours before they go on stage and announcing some very vague idea of a new ride or land and showing off an extremely vague piece of concept art for something that isn't going to open for 4 or 5 years seems like a very Disney thing to do.

When they announced Avatar, they didn't have a lick of an idea of what they were building, but it made for a good headline. Coming to a decision hours before they go on stage and announcing some very vague idea of a new ride or land and showing off an extremely vague piece of concept art for something that isn't going to open for 4 or 5 years seems like a very Disney thing to do.

And they can always cut it and never do what they said (ex. theater in Magic Kingdom, Mary Poppins, etc.).

They really HAVE to start building something now if they want to have anything new in time for the opening of EU in 2025. And even breaking ground on something now is no guarantee it will be done by then the way Disney builds things...

They really HAVE to start building something now if they want to have anything new in time for the opening of EU in 2025. And even breaking ground on something now is no guarantee it will be done by then the way Disney builds things...
maybe begin a year behind will force them to move quicker

Splash Mountain...

Sorry. It's gonna be Splash Mountain.

(And it'll still be before Tron.)

lisa.jpg

...before Tron, huh ? :ded:

Using Tron and GOTG as a reference guide, if they announce something tomorrow, it will open in 2026.

Well good. Cause if they announce it now, opening by 2026 is right in their wheelhouse.

(And it'll still be before Tron.)

Yah, I could likely take a plane to Shanghai Disney in the near future before I will see WDW's Tron open.

If the Splash Mountain retheme with Princess and the Frog is rumored to open in 2025, and in-between we hopefully see Epcot's transformations complete, I think Animal Kingdom's next new attractions will open in 2026 or after maybe after.
^This is the circle of new attractions at WDW...

From BlogMickey. Everything except the entryway to the attraction is gone. Notice the blue plywood in the forefront...
primeval-whirl-demolition-11072021-04.jpg

They are spending the money to put in what looks to be semi-permanent fencing (certainly much more expensive than your typical construction wall would cost) and it seems it will surround the perimeter until they figure out what to do here.
primeval-whirl-demolition-11072021-03.jpg

primeval-whirl-demolition-11072021-09.jpg

primeval-whirl-demolition-11072021-07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.