Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recently learned that Nintendo does not actually own Pokémon. Although I've not heard anyone suggest that Nintendo phase one was going to include anything Pokemon, does anyone have any information on whether or not Universal will be able to use Pokemon in the future?

I recently learned that Nintendo does not actually own Pokémon. Although I've not heard anyone suggest that Nintendo phase one was going to include anything Pokemon, does anyone have any information on whether or not Universal will be able to use Pokemon in the future?

It's complicated to say the least. If you are interested here is a good post that tries to explain it:
Pokemon Franchise: Who's that Pokemon Owner? - NeoGAF

I think it looks good. Great art style. The only thing I worry about is that the world might become stale and boring with not much to do after awhile. Looking forward to seeing the story and dungeons. This and Horizon were the standouts at this E3 imo.

Also, Nintendo's E3 booth looks amazing:

Looks like a great indoor queue.

Reactions: Mike S
hint hint hint mario kart. As in comcast just dropped 50 mil on this with this being able to solve the screen probably.

I hope not.

Virtual style headsets suck. It's still screens, just on a personal level.

I say make each Kart have interactive sensors so you can shoot simulated shells and banana peels at each other.

Reactions: Mike S
I hope not.

Virtual style headsets suck. It's still screens, just on a personal level.

I say make each Kart have interactive sensors so you can shoot simulated shells and banana peels at each other.

I would imagine that they would give you the option on if you want to have the headset for the experience.

Pokemon Go is out....I wonder if they have any special pokemon to be caught in the park even without Nintendo already being in the park as its based by location.

With all this hype surrounding Pokemon Go, it makes me really hope Uni and GameFreak are willing to collaborate to create a Pokemon attraction. Some sort of immersive Pokemon world with a Snap Safari dark ride, gyms, shops, and interactive experiences would be huge.

So little solid Nintendo info flowing out. We need Teebs to start digging for info that he can release. He previously said he was aware of development progress. But we've heard no specifics. Except that there was, at one time, conjecture that some of it was being built vertical.

With all this hype surrounding Pokemon Go, it makes me really hope Uni and GameFreak are willing to collaborate to create a Pokemon attraction. Some sort of immersive Pokemon world with a Snap Safari dark ride, gyms, shops, and interactive experiences would be huge.
Pokemon Snap/Safari Zone E-ticket, a D-ticket Legendary based family coaster, some sort of interactive Pokemon Stadium show and shops/M&Gs would be a solid area for the 3rd gate.

Reactions: captainmoch
Pokemon Snap/Safari Zone E-ticket, a D-ticket Legendary based family coaster, some sort of interactive Pokemon Stadium show and shops/M&Gs would be a solid area for the 3rd gate.
I wish Universal would take the park across from Fallon and part of Central Park and do a quick install of kids play areas. The moment that is done bulldoze KidsZone and get started on Nintendo.

Reactions: PINK and Mike S