Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd assume that it'd be more for promotional material only that it's there, to show where the Switch would be at it's strongest when on the go or at home.
Was mostly thinking if that's really how simple Uni would go. Just add Nintendo names to regular food. Or would they go deeper. Not if those really had a direct tie to the actual plans.

Was mostly thinking if that's really how simple Uni would go. Just add Nintendo names to regular food. Or would they go deeper. Not if those really had a direct tie to the actual plans.
Shigeru Miyamoto is working together with UC to create this so I'm sure he'll have an important say in the food choices although I'm positive the selection will be changed due to localisation. So it could be amazing Japanese food in Japan and cupcakes with a Mario on it in the US together with pizza and burgers.

Shigeru Miyamoto is working together with UC to create this so I'm sure he'll have an important say in the food choices although I'm positive the selection will be changed due to localisation. So it could be amazing Japanese food in Japan and cupcakes with a Mario on it in the US together with pizza and burgers.
You never know. They did use authentic British food for Harry Potter.

Because i'll have to suffer your Miyamoto fist pumping longer if you're on the hype train all the way til grand opening. :angry:;)
giphy.gif

Japan's park is on a roll and they're actually approaching Disney type numbers. This will put that park into a very competitive position against the Disney juggernaut.

Keep in mind, USJ is not a direct competitor with Tokyo Disney. It's akin to Universal Orlando's competition with Disneyland, California. Very little overlap, there is a tiny amount, but drastically different markets.

I'd say Shanghai competes more with Hong Kong Disneyland.

Reactions: Mike S
Keep in mind, USJ is not a direct competitor with Tokyo Disney. It's akin to Universal Orlando's competition with Disneyland, California. Very little overlap, there is a tiny amount, but drastically different markets.

I'd say Shanghai competes more with Hong Kong Disneyland.
Totally agree with this, but I do want to add something. Japan's transit system is amazing - bullet trains go everywhere because it's such a small country. You could get from Tokyo to Osaka (USJ) in roughly 3.5 hours. It's a lot more accessible to most of Japan than Disneyland is to most of the USA.

Reactions: brianlo