Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With respect to Spielberg, I've enough heard talk over the years (and not just from theme park gossipy sources) to feel comfortable believing that he was absolutely displeased when Hollywood got rid of E.T. Anything beyond that has just been speculation.

Whether he has any power to exert over Orlando's operations, or would even care to, is unclear. I'd love for him to try, but I know I'm clearly in the minority about that on this site.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
He probably wont be happy about it going but then the amount of cash he makes from his deal (is it just 1 park or both ?) I am sure he wouldn't grumble for 2 long because who really doesn't like free money at the end of the day.

Reactions: Mike S
Spielberg was mad over ET in Hollywood because they didn't advise nor warn him ahead of time to voice his opinion. I'm sure, after 25 years, Spielberg would be fine of ET Orlando being removed. Uni could say we are investing in Jurassic Park as an incentive for future projects to keep Spielberg cool.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I don't understand why they couldn't just put the Yoshi ride in the area between Simpsons and MIB. They keep an opening day attraction and get the full Super Nintendo World. Seems like a win-win to me.

I don't understand why they couldn't just put the Yoshi ride in the area between Simpsons and MIB. They keep an opening day attraction and get the full Super Nintendo World. Seems like a win-win to me.

I think most of the land back there is needed for back of house stuff. Plus, Universal can play the long game here. If you visit and love Nintendo Land, come back next time for Yoshi.

Reactions: E.Gadd
I agree. I've always said the same. Best of both worlds without loosing ET capacity........The more I think of this last stretch of rumors. GA Coaster heard ET was closing. Test Track heard it was closing for refurb. Easy to get info confused on that type of situation. If a source passed info saying they heard it was closing, that doesn't necessarily mean closing for good. It could have been misinterpreted if it was just closing for renovation. So, it's a fine info line, and rumors do get confused with the details sometimes. Especially when they pass through a few people word of mouth.....So, myself, I'm still watching this. Did Universal Creative get their way and eliminate ET for Yoshii, or did Orlando management stick to their position on keeping ET open?.......This is why I miss Teebin. He always had hard information, and didn't rely on verbal info......Guess the future will tell us.

From a Nintendo Switch event. Possible menu at SNW?
4z5GsEs.jpg