Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got some new info. If you love ET, ride soon...

I'm glad I got to ride it a few times on my recent trip a couple of weeks ago. Though on my last ride E.T. only said one person's name then went quiet. Short time later the ride was shut down and never came back up the rest of the day. :( I'd hate for that to be my last ride through it but it is what it is.

Will the replacement of ET add to the construction timeline? Or should we expect it to open on the original schedule?

Lots of talk about what the ride(s) will be - but I find it interesting it's often labeled as Mario/DK (or other propert)/Yoshi.

When it's really Mario Kart/??/Mario World Yoshi that people want.

Reactions: Mike S
Lots of talk about what the ride(s) will be - but I find it interesting it's often labeled as Mario/DK (or other propert)/Yoshi.

When it's really Mario Kart/??/Mario World Yoshi that people want.
I think Mario Kart is always what's been said. I don't know about you but I've wanted a DK mine cart ride since I was first gaming on my SNES.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
Seems to cheap for Nintendo to approve.

Eh, depends. The ride system is essentially a platform that is hung in the air. Everything on the platform and around it can be replaced.

It's a ride system that wouldn't be hard to rework, but it isn't likely.

It'd be like Test Track 1.0 versus 2.0 or Stupidstar Limo versus Monsters Inc.

I don't see DK as a viable franchise overall, but the patent pretty much was made for that sort of ride system so it has legs.
DK was their first and is popular enough. It also makes for a believable single environment since all three franchises take place in the same world. Just check out the trailer for Mario Odyssey. "New Donk City" features tons of DKC references.

I don't see DK as a viable franchise overall, but the patent pretty much was made for that sort of ride system so it has legs.

I would say that Donkey Kong is iconic enough that they'd have no problem in marketing the IP for the area as a headliner.

What I'd be more interested about, is Yoshi. For all intensive purposes, besides being one of Mario's greatest allies, the character is albeit a somewhat unknown character; besides the titles that the character has received..

I would expect it to be a lot more of an attraction that'd be for die-hard fans of Nintendo, to notice a lot of rare and obscure characters while being a fairly enjoyable family attraction that adds onto it.

Reactions: Mike S
If true about E.T. that's sad to hear. I'm excited to hear that the Yoshi ride is more than likely coming, just wish they could've found a way to fit Yoshi without sacrificing such a classic attraction - not to mention the fact that they'd again be removing a classic Universal property for external IP, like Jaws for Diagon Alley.

Glad I rode back in October, it's a great attraction that really just needs a refurb. Hope we get a Nintendo announcement of some sort soon though!

Reactions: belloq87
Did some quick Google Trend comparisons.

Mario Kart leads Yoshi and Donkey Kong in Worldwide and US. Yoshi and DK are pretty much tied.

But then switch it to Japan and Yoshi jumps way ahead of the other two, and Mario Kart is still above DK but by a lot less and with the massive spikes seen when the games were released much less dramatic.

I think having Yoshi in the land was always very important since it's supposed to be the most family friendly of the bunch and this area is completely replacing the existing family zone. Teens and millennials are going to love both Karts(Mario and DK Mine) but baby sister and grandad still need something they can enjoy too.

Always heard DK from the start in some capacity. While it's not the biggest franchise it does tie into Mario and offers a clear attraction design in the mine train parts. I always thought people thinking we'd get Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, etc were wrong as those are really smaller franchises.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel