Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Everyone complained that Hogsmeade was too small for the crowds, and the shops were too tight, when it first opened in Orlando. What did they do? Clone it at three other parks around the world, exactly the same size.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up on things changing here.

Smash is popular, but I'm having trouble thinking of what they could do with the property in a theme park. Animal Crossing has a chill / friendly vibe which lends itself to a colorful, slow moving attraction. Metroid has a gritty Alienesque horror vibe which gives multiple attraction options right up UC's alley (re-use of The Mummy's ride system?) Neither would require riders to have previous knowledge of the property and round out the attraction offerings at a park.

What's your thoughts on how Universal would include Smash?
Smash rumored to do some sort of Show (which would make sense)

I'm just being realistic here. Harry Potter has only gotten 3 E ticket rides and a C ticket kid coaster. So Yoshi and Marion Kart are 2/4 of those. Meaning in the next ten years if we see more than DK and another Nintendo ride I'd be shocked.
My guess is USH gets DKnext and even then I think its 4 or more years away from that. Florida wont be getting the first land until maybe 2023 at the earliest. So at least in the states I don't see anything more than Zelda/Smash/Mario/Pokemon within the next ten years....could Japan get some sort of unique more obscure ride...sure but people wanting Metroid we are easily over ten years from that and even then maybe never.

Smash rumored to do some sort of Show (which would make sense)

I'm just being realistic here. Harry Potter has only gotten 3 E ticket rides and a C ticket kid coaster. So Yoshi and Marion Kart are 2/4 of those. Meaning in the next ten years if we see more than DK and another Nintendo ride I'd be shocked.
My guess is USH gets DKnext and even then I think its 4 or more years away from that. Florida wont be getting the first land until maybe 2023 at the earliest. So at least in the states I don't see anything more than Zelda/Smash/Mario/Pokemon within the next ten years....could Japan get some sort of unique more obscure ride...sure but people wanting Metroid we are easily over ten years from that and even then maybe never.
You can’t count Potter’s two lands collectively.

Hogsmeade has 2 E-Tickets and a C. Mario, once DK is added, will have 2 E-Tickets, a C, and an B-ticket (the playground). Plus, all the 4 Boss fights experiences (which can be A or B depending on scale). When it opens in Orlando, it will already have more than Hogsmeade does.

Diagon has an E-ticket and *technically* a B-ticket (since Express is a transport). A Pokémon or Zelda won’t need much to have more attractions than that.

You can’t count Potter’s two lands collectively.

Hogsmeade has 2 E-Tickets and a C. Mario, once DK is added, will have 2 E-Tickets, a C, and an B-ticket (the playground). Plus, all the 4 Boss fights experiences (which can be A or B depending on scale). When it opens in Orlando, it will already have more than Hogsmeade does.

Diagon has an E-ticket and *technically* a B-ticket (since Express is a transport). A Pokémon or Zelda won’t need much to have more attractions than that.
Sure, my point is to many on here wanting Star Fox and Metriod is even if they fit....just don't expect them for a while.

Covid is already slowing things down....plus Universal will want to make other rides (maybe another Potter ride...defiantly another Universal IP ride or two)

Everyone complained that Hogsmeade was too small for the crowds, and the shops were too tight, when it first opened in Orlando. What did they do? Clone it at three other parks around the world, exactly the same size.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up on things changing here.
True but I will say While Hollywood version is small to me its a good size...beside when the light shows are happening you can easy walk through the land on most days...Simpsonsland ont he other hand my god do I wish we had a way to make the area bigger because it gets way to busy in that area.

Sure, my point is to many on here wanting Star Fox and Metriod is even if they fit....just don't expect them for a while.

Covid is already slowing things down....plus Universal will want to make other rides (maybe another Potter ride...defiantly another Universal IP ride or two)

True but I will say While Hollywood version is small to me its a good size...beside when the light shows are happening you can easy walk through the land on most days...Simpsonsland ont he other hand my god do I wish we had a way to make the area bigger because it gets way to busy in that area.
I actually don’t expect Metroid or Star Fox at all, except maybe a temporary walk-through if they ever do like a “Nintendo fan-fest” (imagine a cross between a HHN haunt and the old Grinch’s Lair, only themed to Zebes with a Samus M&G at the end). But I never expect more than that.

God those leaked pictures and videos are a dream come true. I’m glad to see that the scenic paint textures are rich and not just overly simplified in spots like the sediment layers and castle stones.

My personal wish remains for an Animal Crossing mini-land. With its massive success this year and timeless fanbase, it could really prove to be a hit. Maybe a few flat rides, but the main draws would be power-up band mini games, M&G/photo ops, and most notably merch. Plus with a rotating database of in-game exclusives, and tie ins with those mini games, it would keep locals coming back for sure.

God those leaked pictures and videos are a dream come true. I’m glad to see that the scenic paint textures are rich and not just overly simplified in spots like the sediment layers and castle stones.

My personal wish remains for an Animal Crossing mini-land. With its massive success this year and timeless fanbase, it could really prove to be a hit. Maybe a few flat rides, but the main draws would be power-up band mini games, M&G/photo ops, and most notably merch. Plus with a rotating database of in-game exclusives, and tie ins with those mini games, it would keep locals coming back for sure.
Let's see how another Animal Crossing game does in a non-pandemic year. I'm still a bit dubious that the game succeeded based on how good the game was (not that it's a bad game). It did well because everyone was sitting at home and it had incredible luck with when they released the game and then how quickly the world went to hell.

Let's see how another Animal Crossing game does in a non-pandemic year. I'm still a bit dubious that the game succeeded based on how good the game was (not that it's a bad game). It did well because everyone was sitting at home and it had incredible luck with when they released the game and then how quickly the world went to hell.
Even though I did a concept for a potential AC boat ride I'm still convinced the most we'll get is a store in the vein of Spongebob Storepants

I Want to point out the 3DS game solid well..its the spin offs that also kinda sucked didn't. They made the board game and it just wasn't good and wasn't what fans wanted so of course it didn't sell.

I honestly think Universal won't use many IPs for a long time but if they made an entire theme park with Nintendo stuff it would be great and people would love it. Metriod and Star Fox are perfect for rides...its just I doubt Universal wants to push those IPs for Nintendo when they can push Minions or another one of there films.

Animal crossing does better with females in certain demographics (19-24) than any other game and is the main nintendo game with a even gender split. Why was hello kitty added to USO? To appeal to female demographic.

In an interview with Mr. Iwata, Iwata stated that Animal Crossing’s largest demographic was Women ages 19 to 24. Iwata said: “What I find interesting is that the 3DS core users consist of 69% male and 31% female, but when I look at the numbers of people that bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf and the 3DS handheld together recently, I see 44% male and 56% female users. It’s quite an astonishing figure.”

“People often debate whether Smartphones will eliminate the need of consoles for gaming. When you look at these numbers, women of ages 19 to 24 are some of the core users of Smartphone games. They say casual female gamers don’t need a console, but after seeing these figures, we’d really like to reconsider that and the true value of console gaming

Add in the fact most players are in 20s and 30s. When do people have the most disposable income...that age range.

So yes while other series may be more popular, if you aren’t attracting new demographics, then it’s redundant as you aren’t building a new customer base. Universal would be dumb not to add a female appealing franchise.

Last edited:
Why was hello kitty added to USO? To appeal to female demographic.
To sell merch to people already in the park, because Sanrio is one of the best merch sellers on the planet. Universal isn’t throwing Hello Kitty front and center in an advertising campaign.

Besides Animal Crossing, despite the same demographic appeal, isn’t close to a comparable level to Hello Kitty.

Like, I get that Animal Crossing was a 2020 hotness, but there’s a reason it wasn’t included in the “all Nintendo in one place” pitch. You’re more likely to see a store devoted to Kirby than Animal Crossing.

To sell merch to people already in the park, because Sanrio is one of the best merch sellers on the planet. Universal isn’t throwing Hello Kitty front and center in an advertising campaign.

Besides Animal Crossing, despite the same demographic appeal, isn’t close to a comparable level to Hello Kitty.

Like, I get that Animal Crossing was a 2020 hotness, but there’s a reason it wasn’t included in the “all Nintendo in one place” pitch. You’re more likely to see a store devoted to Kirby than Animal Crossing.
Also, I haven't heard anyone talk about the game outside of these forums since early on in the year. That could just be me, but I feel like it was something that, yes, had a pre-existing fanbase (I did enjoy the first Animal Crossing back in the day), but it was amplified for a few months since everyone was either working from home or on furlough.

Yeeeeah, I'm in the boat that thinks even Zelda is wishful thinking

Yeeeeah, I'm in the boat that thinks even Zelda is wishful thinking
I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if Zelda never happens. It always felt a bit like the odd duck compared to Mario and Pokemon. I could see it happening, moreso, because it fills the sword and shield fantasy IP that Universal doesn’t (presently) have available to them otherwise.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if Zelda never happens. It always felt a bit like the odd duck compared to Universal and Pokemon. I could see it happening, moreso, because it fills the sword and shield fantasy IP that Universal doesn’t (presently) have available to them otherwise.
I agree

Personally I feel Kung Fu Panda would be a better fit for IOA

Add in a Vekoma family invert, the flats from Beijing and the boat ride and you have a winner

I agree

Personally I feel Kung Fu Panda would be a better fit for IOA

Add in a Vekoma family invert, the flats from Beijing and the boat ride and you have a winner
I feel the Vekoma family invert is rumored/theorized for every single family land/ride Universal could go with. The Pokemon rumor from Park Stop’s (@Alicia) last video is new to me, and I hope they finally do it so we can either get more of them or just stop theorizing about it hahahaha I feel so many rides get the Vekoma rumor

I feel the Vekoma family invert is rumored/theorized for every single family land/ride Universal could go with. The Pokemon rumor from Park Stop’s (@Alicia) last video is new to me, and I hope they finally do it so we can either get more of them or just stop theorizing about it hahahaha I feel so many rides get the Vekoma rumor
They're fantastic, Vekoma has upped their game as of late

I would love either a Nintendo or other property one to be somewhere at Universal Orlando