Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Official MLB Discussion Thread: Season Starts July 23rd

If the season ended today ...

The matchups: Here's what the first round of the expanded playoffs would look like, based on the standings after the most recent day's games.

Best-of-three series, higher seed is home team

AMERICAN LEAGUE
No. 1 Rays* vs. No. 8 Blue Jays*
No. 2 Twins* vs. No. 7 Indians*
No. 3 Athletics* vs. No. 6 Astros
No. 4 White Sox* vs. No. 5 Yankees*

NATIONAL LEAGUE
No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Giants
No. 2 Braves* vs. No. 7 Reds
No. 3 Cubs* vs. No. 6 Marlins
No. 4 Padres* vs. No. 5 Cardinals

*Clinched playoff spot

Magic numbers to clinch playoff spot

NL: Marlins 2, Reds 3, Giants 4, Cardinals 4 (due to St. Louis having played fewer games).

AL: Astros 1

I’m still kind of amazed that they’re going to have gotten this season finished and now moving to a bubble soon for the playoffs.

The MLB definitely made good changes to their COVID procedures after the early outbreaks.

I lowkey hope the Astros make it as close to the World Series as possible so I can see everyone lose their minds.

I'm in Arlington until Monday to be at the World Series and root for the Rays and words cannot possibly describe what this game felt like. HOLY CRAP. I think i'm still drunk but i'm trying to let the In n Out take care of that :lol:

Can't wait for tomorrow, let's go!!

In the last inning of the last game of the season, a COVID test somehow happened in the bubble after months free of the virus in the league. It’s tough for me to think this doesn’t have to do with Fans being in attendance now.

Well MLB as if you weren't enough of a disaster this season, THIS happens.

I know I'm generalizing, but this is why I don't trust ANYBODY with regards to Covid tests right now, like, why are these not found out BEFORE the game???? Absolute nonsense. Makes me wonder if they knew, but needed Turner to play for the win since he is a key member. Why on EARTH is he allowed back out mask-less to celebrate with everyone, I mean this is just reckless.

Not that I should be surprised but the NFL and MLB have just lost me forever. Actually nice to see the NBA and NHL took the time to care for their players own safety. What garbage this is.

Also f the Dodgers. I think MLB truly is going to hurt after this but maybe its wishful thinking on my own end. I played growing up so its not what Im looking for but its really just the reality of where the game and league are now.

The Covid moment was definitely a facepalm and then some.

Now as for the game/series itself, I have to say I'm happy for the Dodgers! It's definitely been a up and down season, but it's great to see them end the drought.

As for Tampa Bay, better luck next year. They've definitely got a good team, but I gotta' say it...when you have a pitcher who is pitching one of the best games of his life and is shutting out the opposing team left, right and center...don't pull him over the first couple hits. Messing up Mojo like that can be (and in this case, is) costly.