Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see who switches their opinions about Avatar being a bad choice for a land if Uni got the rights and actually built one.

I would laugh at all the flip flopping that would commense.

Screw it....Im just gonna call it now....Avatar is coming to Universal.

I'd love to see who switches their opinions about Avatar being a bad choice for a land if Uni got the rights and actually built one.

I would laugh at all the flip flopping that would commense.

Screw it....Im just gonna call it now....Avatar is coming to Universal.

Many people would be "eating crow"?

Actually, I want to see how many of the AVATAR SUCKS, I HATE AVATAR, AVATAR IS A BAD CHOICE group lines up on opening day in 2017/18/19/20??? when this land opens and the ride is something to be in awe of. Oh, we all know all the haters will be there bragging about the wonderful attraction and how great of a decision Avatar was.

Many people would be "eating crow"?

Actually, I want to see how many of the AVATAR SUCKS, I HATE AVATAR, AVATAR IS A BAD CHOICE group lines up on opening day in 2017/18/19/20??? when this land opens and the ride is something to be in awe of. Oh, we all know all the haters will be there bragging about the wonderful attraction and how great of a decision Avatar was.

:thumbs: It should be fun to watch regardless the park that it goes to!

:thumbs: It should be fun to watch regardless the park that it goes to!

With Universal, it would be fun to watch the construction for 2 years. With Disney, the fun will be dead after 2 years and it takes another 3 to finish the construction. LOL

^^I will simply disagree with you because I'm bored and want to go out on a limb.

Am I wrong?

Probably.

But then again I really don't care where it goes, I just wanna have a little fun :lol:

With cool freaking blue people!!!

But of course there are tons of movies out there that go along the same route as other movies just tweaked a little. It's Hollywood's way of continually making money with the same storylines but different characters/etc...

With cool freaking blue people!!!

But of course there are tons of movies out there that go along the same route as other movies just tweaked a little. It's Hollywood's way of continually making money with the same storylines but different characters/etc...

dances with wolves
last samarai
even cars has a similar story

never understood the argument but hey to each their own. this land will be either good or bad based on three things
great e ticket
unique look
great theming throughout

dances with wolves
last samarai
even cars has a similar story

never understood the argument but hey to each their own. this land will be either good or bad based on three things
great e ticket
unique look
great theming throughout

Exactly! If HP is any indication immersive themeing is what people are looking for. So quite frankly either park can take the IP, I don't care but what they do with it is what will draw me to the park itself.

Exactly! If HP is any indication immersive themeing is what people are looking for. So quite frankly either park can take the IP, I don't care but what they do with it is what will draw me to the park itself.

i definitely think that cars land and HP have two things in common great e ticket and wow factor when you walk in to the land...if avatar does this it will be very successful

I certainly agree. I mean Ive never seen Carsland personally but just seeing pictures and POV's make me go "wow". It will be sad though if Disney brings Avatar, Cars, and Star Wars to Orlando but cheapens them all out. WDW can't afford to go cheap. A carsland without the facades, shops, rockwork, and racing portion isn't carsland at all.

Could have sworn a while back there was a rumor Uni was negotiating for the rights to Avatar as a potential replacement for T2-3D. Then Disney swooped in out of nowhere and snagged it out from under Uni's nose. I believe the conventional wisdom on the various forums that Disney did it as a parting shot for Uni doing the same thing on Potter (though to be honest, I don't think there was a real chance of that happening, anyways).

Could have sworn a while back there was a rumor Uni was negotiating for the rights to Avatar as a potential replacement for T2-3D. Then Disney swooped in out of nowhere and snagged it out from under Uni's nose. I believe the conventional wisdom on the various forums that Disney did it as a parting shot for Uni doing the same thing on Potter (though to be honest, I don't think there was a real chance of that happening, anyways).
Uni was negotiating for that. Disney did come out of nowhere with their announcement, but as far as it was reported around here, Uni backed out as they didn't want to be involved in the project. It's unknown to me if Disney was simultaneously negotiating, but Uni supposedly dropped out themselves, not the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.