Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's the left column of the SNL stage!
SNL_stage.jpg

Jimmy Fallon posted a picture on Instagram of him doing work on the ride. Apparently Industrial Light & Magic is also involved.

So weird, the F&F actors looked like video game characters. Wonder if jimmy Fallon will have a gross cgi body too. He's also riding a go kart, idk if this is just a segment of the ride or not but it doesn't seem like we're gonna go soarin

So weird, the F&F actors looked like video game characters. Wonder if jimmy Fallon will have a gross cgi body too. He's also riding a go kart, idk if this is just a segment of the ride or not but it doesn't seem like we're gonna go soarin
It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that this is a comedy bit and that he's making fun of the way movies are made. I say that because motion capture like this is usually done with green screen on a sound stage and not in the middle of a famous SNL set at 30 Rock down the hall from where the Tonight Show tapes.

Reactions: Cole
Yup, instantly recognized the SNL set. I hope this confirms their involvement.

well "30 Rock" the show has been over for a few years now. By the time the ride opens, it will be mostly forgotten by the masses. (sadly).

well "30 Rock" the show has been over for a few years now. By the time the ride opens, it will be mostly forgotten by the masses. (sadly).
It was mostly forgotten by the masses when it was on the air.:bored: It's ratings were usually dismal. But I liked the show. Great writing and a good cast. I'd like to see Tina & Tracy make appearances on the Fallon attraction.

Reactions: greendude33
On one hand, I'm excited that ILM is involved. Can't do much better in the effects world.

On the other hand, the mo-cap worries me. I'm assuming that they're mocapping for the same reason that mo-capped F&F. A large, curved screen where you need a consistent effect from every vantage point. F&F looked like CG hell and I'm praying that Fallon doesn't end up the same way.

Reactions: Cole
It was mostly forgotten by the masses when it was on the air.:bored: It's ratings were usually dismal. But I liked the show. Great writing and a good cast. I'd like to see Tina & Tracy make appearances on the Fallon attraction.

30 Rock was probably the best original sitcom NBC produced since Seinfeld. Just my opinion.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog
Parks and Rec was great, but It never got over the "Office Spin-off" category to me. I know a lot of people will say Community was great too..but I was personally never a fan.

Huge fan of Tina Fey, and pretty much everything she does.