Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I'm not sure Twister ever had dignity.

You have to admit it was ambitious. I mean, a bunch of people sat around in a room and said "What if we put people in the middle of an actual tornado and have their surroundings torn apart?" And then they built it. Not saying it was great, but "A" for effort.

If they built Twister in 2015, we'd be praising Jesus for physical effects.

You have to admit it was ambitious. I mean, a bunch of people sat around in a room and said "What if we put people in the middle of an actual tornado and have their surroundings torn apart?" And then they built it. Not saying it was great, but "A" for effort.

If they built Twister in 2015, we'd be praising Jesus for physical effects.

What if I told you that Twister still existed, and that it was born even before Twister opened? Unfortunately it left Hollywood but theres still a form of show like Twister. And that's Backdraft in Japan (and if you want to say it also, Lights Camera Action with Spielberg in Singapore).

I rarely want to bash this, but Backdraft is a better attraction than Twister, and even then; Backdraft is fine for what it is.

Yeah, I'm not sure Twister ever had dignity.
At its core, Twister..it had a sliver of Dignity but it was before HRRR came to fashion.

@Teebin might have some insight about this-

Layout of the attraction, I'm guessing that the first Twister preshow stays and is re-used as the Fallon preshow, then aunt megs, and the twister main theater are gutted out and turned into the 2 Fallon theaters. Then the NBC store basically just takes over Aftermath?

^ First, I only went on twister once back in 1999 and never returned, so I cannot remember any of the interior.

As it was told to me, everythingin this new attraction is front to back. The first quarter is the fancy queue. The last three quarters are divided into two theaters, the first facing into USF, the other facing IOA, so they are back of house to back of house.

I was told the extended queue remains mostly the same, but I was also told that they were going to try for a no-queue model. When I asked why the extended queue remains, I basically got a shoulder shrug.

BTW, the final load hold area is somewhere down the right side of the two theaters.

Hope this helps (and that I remembered it correctly).

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
^ First, I only went on twister once back in 1999 and never returned, so I cannot remember any of the interior.

As it was told to me, everythingin this new attraction is front to back. The first quarter is the fancy queue. The last three quarters are divided into two theaters, the first facing into USF, the other facing IOA, so they are back of house to back of house.

I was told the extended queue remains mostly the same, but I was also told that they were going to try for a no-queue model. When I asked why the extended queue remains, I basically got a shoulder shrug.

BTW, the final load hold area is somewhere down the right side of the two theaters.

Hope this helps (and that I remembered it correctly).

No Queue model? How does that work?

On my trip to the park early October. I had a cool opportunity to do the BTS tour of Twister. Got to go into the control both and the backstage areas. Also got to catch all of the Ghostbusters references which was cool. I will miss this sliughtly, but we'll see how this Fallon ride will pan out. At least that was a nice treat to do that firsthand before the closure.

Hey, it just occurred to me that before the closure, the rain effects were never working. Huh.

Growing up, Ghostbusters was mine and my best friend's favourite movie. Being 3 when I first seen the show, I was convinced that I had seen the real deal. My friend couldn't have been more jealous. Especially when I came home with a real Ghostbusters suit.

I think this was also one of the reasons why I never really like Twister because it replaced the greatest thing in my life at that point. That's actually kind of sad.