Ratatouille @ French Pavillion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ratatouille @ French Pavillion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This would certainly be welcome, as Epcot is in dire need of something new. I'd be curious if they replace Impression de France or find space elsewhere since France is pretty cramped.

Last edited:
Why doesn't every pavilion have a ride? I love World Showcase, but other than Maelstrom (which I adore), and the Three Caballeros, there aren't any rides in World Showcase, just 3 movies.

Why doesn't every pavilion have a ride? I love World Showcase, but other than Maelstrom (which I adore), and the Three Caballeros, there aren't any rides in World Showcase, just 3 movies.

Not even movies just boring travel logs that give Epcot the rep it has. Those suck and need to be replaced immediately...especially O Canada

Gut feeling is that this will go the way of the engineering work done for Carsland at DHS, Monsters Inc coaster at DHS, and several other projects....

Gut feeling is that this will go the way of the engineering work done for Carsland at DHS, Monsters Inc coaster at DHS, and several other projects....
Yup. I never believe any WDW rumors (outside of DVC bc those almost always come true) as it almost always just ends up being a lot of talk with nothing ever happening.

I don't believe it'll be coming to Epcot. It would distract to much from the shopping and eating.
And above that Future World is much more in need for something really exciting with it's poor collection of museum quality attractions and unfortunate makeovers.
Above that WDW guests hate 3D projection rides (when you read the responses on many sites about USF) so it wouldn't do well. Thankfully there is no projection screen to be found in Epcot.
The new imagineer who was sent to Epcot talked about a new interactive thing coming to Epcot at the end 2015 or beginning 2016 and it sure didn't sound like Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy.

Last edited:
Not to mention UOE, all the country movies, Nemo being pretty dependent on projection, and MS using screens. But I assume he was being sarcastic.

I don't believe it'll be coming to Epcot. It would distract to much from the shopping and eating.
And above that Future World is much more in need for something really exciting with it's poor collection of museum quality attractions and unfortunate makeovers.
Above that WDW guests hate 3D projection rides (when you read the responses on many sites about USF) so it wouldn't do well. Thankfully there is no projection screen to be found in Epcot.
The new imagineer who was sent to Epcot talked about a new interactive thing coming to Epcot at the end 2015 or beginning 2016 and it sure didn't sound like Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy.
I don't think you understand Disney fans. They only hate screens when they are used at Universal. If TDO/WDI use screens it is the most amazingly "magical" thing ever! they will tell you with a straight face that TSMM is way better than anything at Universal.

I actually really like O Canada...

It's cute but circle vision is such a tired concept, it was really only done well in the timekeeper. It can be replaced with a way better experience to show off how awesome Canada actually is

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand Disney fans. They only hate screens when they are used at Universal. If TDO/WDI use screens it is the most amazingly "magical" thing ever! they will tell you with a straight face that TSMM is way better than anything at Universal.
Also FRICKEN TRUE

I once got into an MIB/Midway Mania debate with someone on a WDW forum...I realized it was hopeless and let them be happy with their glorified Wii game...

I believe Ratatouille, although something new, confuses the identity of Epcot even further...Unfortunately there are so many good ideas that can come to Epcot, but they have been shelved/ don't include a Pixar property so they will never happen. I will say what I said in the DHS Star Wars thread..I will go when it happens, and believe it when I see it..I will be at DA and Kong when/if Disney makes it happen..

I once got into an MIB/Midway Mania debate with someone on a WDW forum...I realized it was hopeless and let them be happy with their glorified Wii game...

I believe Ratatouille, although something new, confuses the identity of Epcot even further...Unfortunately there are so many good ideas that can come to Epcot, but they have been shelved/ don't include a Pixar property so they will never happen. I will say what I said in the DHS Star Wars thread..I will go when it happens, and believe it when I see it..I will be at DA and Kong when/if Disney makes it happen..
Seriously, arguing with a hardcore wdwmagic member is like arguing with a brick wall, their answer will always be Disney and you feel bad for them after a while. This is the first theme park forum I've ever been on where the members aren't blind seagulls. Kudos to you all

But anyways I definitely agree, rumors are rumors for Disney and for a attraction like ratatouille to come out inbetween now and avatar land is kinda unbelievable even if it is a clone. I absolutely want to see it happen but I'm really doubting it. Knowing TDO this interactive experience in 2015 will probably be a new festival, game or new seating for illuminations. Hopefully it's ratatouille but I seriously don't know anymore

I will come to Midway Mania's defense on this point and this point only. Just because they actually made a wii game based on the ride doesn't make it a glorified Wii game. Universal could make a wii game based off MIB, but would that make it a glorified wii game? No. Now, I personally think MIB is a bit more fun on the whole, but that's not taking anything away from TSMM. They are both great fun.

I will come to Midway Mania's defense on this point and this point only. Just because they actually made a wii game based on the ride doesn't make it a glorified Wii game. Universal could make a wii game based off MIB, but would that make it a glorified wii game? No. Now, I personally think MIB is a bit more fun on the whole, but that's not taking anything away from TSMM. They are both great fun.

I have a midway mania set that you can hook up to the AV cables and shoot, even comes with the cute little cannon from the ride. Midway mania is slowly turning into shrek 4D with how easy you can get ahold of it. MIB is atleast all physical sets so the closest way you could experience that at home is by making a model of the ride. Midway mania I can pretty much buy anywhere and wait 0 minutes to play it, don't feel so bad for walking by it every time I go to MGM now

I have a midway mania set that you can hook up to the AV cables and shoot, even comes with the cute little cannon from the ride. Midway mania is slowly turning into shrek 4D with how easy you can get ahold of it. MIB is atleast all physical sets so the closest way you could experience that at home is by making a model of the ride. Midway mania I can pretty much buy anywhere and wait 0 minutes to play it, don't feel so bad for walking by it every time I go to MGM now
Eh, I played the game at home and tbh it was pretty damn boring. There was no sense of urgency like on the ride. The whole feel of the attraction was lost really. Sure it's mostly screens, but bringing it to just a TV in a living room loses a lot of what makes it fun.

Eh, I played the game at home and tbh it was pretty damn boring. There was no sense of urgency like on the ride. The whole feel of the attraction was lost really. Sure it's mostly screens, but bringing it to just a TV in a living room loses a lot of what makes it fun.
I guess but I've never felt any urgency on my one time on mania. My arm just hurts at that point because no imagineers thought it would be a good idea to add a button, a string is what the kids want!!! Whatever with midway mania mannnnnn