Ratatouille @ French Pavillion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Ratatouille @ French Pavillion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ I would hardly call Ratatouille a dumbed down movie. If anything, it is almost too deep with euro emotion and depth. This attraction appears to yank it up by its socks a bit, and have fun while being extremely French in culture. I would welcome it and I believe Epcot would welcome it with numbers.
Words right out of my mouth bro :peace:

While we're at it, maybe they can put a M&G in Italy for this guy:

francesco_bernoulli_by_jeffandlewis-d4jfy4h.png

I'd say this is definitely a better fit for the world showcase over Frozen. Mainly because it's not a princess fairytale film.

If Disney was smart enough they'd expand Fantasyland even further and rip out that loud and smelly speedway and buil a replica north mountain dark ride. Not unlike the concept for the original "Snow Queen Mountain" ride at Disneyland. (If you don't know what im talking about, check the video I posted in the Frozen thread")...shows concept art and everything.

I'd say this is definitely a better fit for the world showcase over Frozen. Mainly because it's not a princess fairytale film.

If Disney was smart enough they'd expand Fantasyland even further and rip out that loud and smelly speedway and buil a replica north mountain dark ride. Not unlike the concept for the original "Snow Queen Mountain" ride at Disneyland. (If you don't know what im talking about, check the video I posted in the Frozen thread")...shows concept art and everything.
Definitely worth a look, and I definitely agree. The speedway should definitely go for frozen or another tomorow land ride?

They're smart enough...just too lazy..AND I hate to say it, but after watching the video I am warming up to the idea of touille in Epcot..although that may be a bi-product of starvation for a new ride in Epcot...when you're starving even the worst food looks good..

By the way, am I the only one that watches Disney PR videos on mute? I feel so talked down too..

I always watch the PR videos on mute. I can't stand all the gushing that occurs with that awful background music. This would definitely fit the world showcase and make a great addition to the wine and food festival which is the most popular event at Epcot world showcase anyway

By the way, am I the only one that watches Disney PR videos on mute? I feel so talked down too..
Que stock music.....
Story story story, amazing experience, full 360 experience, like you are right in the movie, you will see the characters, brand new technology, it'll be a one of a kind ride for the whole family, story story story #disneyside

No. Just the usual bashing. Nothing to see here.
I would call it more catharsis...but..

I believe this whole rumor started because Tomy Tom is now the creative director at Epcot AND he is working with Disney Paris on Touille..
Either way, I believe his presence in Epcot is a good sign

It depends on which promo it is. I have no idea why but when I stay at Disney, pretty much the only channel I watch is the promo channel with that one girl that goes to all the parks. All the other ones are pretty meh.

I can't stand that promo channel either. We usually put it on for about 4 mins and then are forced to turn it off. I prefer the Cartoon channel that shows nothing but old Mickey Mouse/Donald/and Goofy cartoons.

It depends on which promo it is. I have no idea why but when I stay at Disney, pretty much the only channel I watch is the promo channel with that one girl that goes to all the parks. All the other ones are pretty meh.
Ugh no way in hell. That channel is the bane of my existence, one time I fell asleep with that channel on and I kept waking up to Stacy's corny lines. I turned the volume down and the tv off but I could still hear her stupid jokes about blizzard beach in my brain. "WOAH THATS A WEDGIE" it was a complete nightmare. The ones at universal are awesome, no stupid host just awesome B roll that gets me honestly excited for the day I'm about to have

^ I would hardly call Ratatouille a dumbed down movie. If anything, it is almost too deep with euro emotion and depth. This attraction appears to yank it up by its socks a bit, and have fun while being extremely French in culture. I would welcome it and I believe Epcot would welcome it with numbers.

Agreed. Ratatouille is one of the most complex Pixar creations to date. You can argue Wall-E, but that movie's complexity gets thrown out the window the minute the humans on the Axiom get more screen time. Ratataouille is a thoughtful and poignant meditation on art, criticism, and culture. It would fit perfect in the World Showcase.

I would call it more catharsis...but..

I believe this whole rumor started because Tomy Tom is now the creative director at Epcot AND he is working with Disney Paris on Touille..
Either way, I believe his presence in Epcot is a good sign

I have no faith in Fitzy. His utter hatred of Tony Baxter is evident in his Imagination redo (F Figment) and I'm not just going to blame Eisner for that. If it weren't for the fans Figment still wouldn't be in that attraction. It was obviously Tom's mission to destroy Imagination.

I have no hope in an Imagination redo now. All we can hope is that at some point a proper re-imagined Imagination, one of the many proposals sitting around WDI, ends up in an Asia park. Isn't Shanghai supposed to get an EPCOT? That's it's only hope.