Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

The mummy attraction building will be getting removed after Nintendo Land opens to the public
RIP Mummy (2004-2022) ...ouch

So Universal isn't gonna have a major coaster for a while
Excuse me, but Hippogriff is the crown jewel of the park! It's so popular that Six Flags has 4 variations of it to even out the crowds!

To be fair, Mummy has been on the rumored chopping block for the past 5+ years now.

But if the soundstages next to/behind it are getting axed too, then it makes sense

Is it this:
DIAGON ALLEY Is on hold right now, Just like Secret Life Of Pets was on hold for couple years.

The Hollywood Expansion of the Wizarding World will happen in couple of years. Right now the park has so much projects going on that puts other projects on hold. I can only say this The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter Expansion will be worth the wait!

Highly unlikely we're getting Potter 2.0 at the loss of Mummy. And honestly speaking, we don't need more of it. There needs to be variety for USH.

If we're losing Mummy, give us something that caters to multiple Universal Monsters. We don't need the main ride going into Epic Universe, give us something original & exclusive.

Fun Fact: FJ was designed to be based on Van Helsing (less screens more animatronics) in IOA, but the movie wasn't successful enough & they ended up obtaining Potter.

The mummy attraction building will be getting removed after Nintendo Land opens to the public
Well, the Mummy has outlived ET, and it doesn't fit the new vision they have for the park. I know it's been spared rom demolition twice. Looks like third time will be the charm.

So Universal isn't gonna have a major coaster for a while. Hopefully that gets mended sooner than later.
I won't cry once the Mummy leaves, but when it's gone, I'll kinda miss it. The park will be better off without it, but whatever replaces it needs to be a coaster. Even if it's a REALLY awesome dark ride, the GP is not going to be fond of the park's only "real" coaster getting replaced by something not a coaster.

I understand the restrictions the park has, but my word, the park needs a somewhat substantial coaster! I know we're supposed to be getting DK but we need something more than just a kiddie coaster and a highly themed kiddie coaster.

Excuse me, but Hippogriff is the crown jewel of the park! It's so popular that Six Flags has 4 variations of it to even out the crowds!
I don't think Six Flags can afford a Mack coaster lol

E ticket attraction
Hmmmm....I think it's either going to be a JW dark ride or Diagon.

I actually hope it's DA because that would mean a coaster would replace it. If we do get Gringott's, I'm sure they can tweak it in a way where the 3D is nixed.

Is it just me, or does it seem like at least once a year a new rumor about mummy being taken out floats around? Feels like its been an annual occurence for at the very least like half a decade now.

It's been on the cutting block for years, but for whatever the reason depending on the year, the butcher shys away from chopping this one's head off.