Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Rideguy70

Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
It always amazes me that Orlando likes Hollywood's Mummy, and Hollywood likes Orlando's.

But I think that's because the strengths of one are the weaknesses of the other, and you always miss what you don't have.

Reactions: Chris Galindo
Apr 26, 2019
L.A.
It always amazes me that Orlando likes Hollywood's Mummy, and Hollywood likes Orlando's.

But I think that's because the strengths of one are the weaknesses of the other, and you always miss what you don't have.
It's the novelty factor, more than anything. Familiarity breeds boredom, and it changes your perception when you experience new things.

That said, as an L.A.-er, I do prefer the Orlando version lol. I love ours to death and wouldn't trade it, but Orlando's is longer and more dynamic and just plain better, IMO. I just wish there was room to add just one more beat. Like, picture the finale -- you spin around slowly, the light flashes, and then boom! Maybe you drop down like the end of IJA, or shoot off around a bend back to loading. Just something.

You can always tell when it's someone's first visit to the park, because they always groan or go "Is that it!?!?" as soon as the door slides up.

devinp267

Premium Member
Sep 15, 2015
I know this is for Hollywood but I'm at usf now. Why would they run an empty train? It was jam packed and they just stopped everyone and ran an empty train, just curious.

highdefrex

Newcomer
Jun 18, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I know this is for Hollywood but I'm at usf now. Why would they run an empty train? It was jam packed and they just stopped everyone and ran an empty train, just curious.
I was once on it here in Hollywood and we all had to wait in the second car after we boarded because the front one had rolled into the station with vomit all over it. Someone puked all in the front row, and the team had to do their best to clean it all up. Then they ran the train empty to air it out. I've seen the same thing happen at Magic Mountain (though I'd imagine with Coronavirus fears right now, they wouldn't really want to risk it)

It could also be something like a sensor issue, which would probably be the issue in your case since you said they stopped everyone and ran it then and there. They'll run an empty train if something is funky to make sure everything is okay (and for guest safety, obviously.) Or it could be something else entirely!

Reactions: devinp267

devinp267

Premium Member
Sep 15, 2015
I was once on it here in Hollywood and we all had to wait in the second car after we boarded because the front one had rolled into the station with vomit all over it. Someone puked all in the front row, and the team had to do their best to clean it all up. Then they ran the train empty to air it out. I've seen the same thing happen at Magic Mountain (though I'd imagine with Coronavirus fears right now, they wouldn't really want to risk it)

It could also be something like a sensor issue, which would probably be the issue in your case since you said they stopped everyone and ran it then and there. They'll run an empty train if something is funky to make sure everything is okay (and for guest safety, obviously.) Or it could be something else entirely!
I also thought it was puke related lol. But either one is possible.

Dykealiscious

Rookie
Dec 28, 2018
Shrek? That closed more than 2 years ago.

I share you love of the Mummy though, I've said before and I'll say it again, I'll miss the hell out of it when it goes.
Oops....I was just at USO and went on Shrek. Plus I never ride it in hollywood so probably didn't notice it was gone lol.

Jones14

Rookie
Jan 5, 2017

I’d agree, and I think of Hollywood’s as scarier, and Orlando’s as more thrilling.

Hollywood’s dark ride section is superior, with the arms reaching out of the ceiling, the Imhotep on the ledge, and the launch coinciding with Imhotep’s roar and the soldiers dropping from the ceiling, but once you hit the coaster sections, Orlando takes the crown.

scoobdoo

Newcomer
Jun 23, 2016
Shrek is terrible, simpsons is intolerable without Dramamine and minions, while adorable, is also played out IMHO. Something a bit timeless. I miss battlestar galactica lol.
Could not agree more. Those three, but particularly Simpsons, are horrendous. We deserve better in Hollywood.