Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m guessing they’re doing its yearly closure early because the time they usually do it will be when mario is rumored to open and they’ll need it then.

Wow

closing The mummy now? Wish it was after HHN the ride kinda ties into the maze and help spread out more people

Wait, they’re closing this ride NOW? During HHN?

Uuuuuuggggghhhh lines are gonna suck in the lower lot for the rest of the season. But I’m kinda revolvers because I thought for a second this was Florida’s Mummy. Didn’t want it to close completely by the time I go out there next week lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Well didn't we just hear a rumor that DK is coming?

I've always thought DK would work well in that location because of Jurassic themeing. Plus the room from where have the monster collide maze...should be big enough for the ride and a mini land

Rumors of this ride's demise have been circulating for a decade, more or less. Seriously, go back to the start of this thread -- people were already speculating back then.

This thing is going to outlive us all, I'm convinced. And honestly, I'm fine with it. Imagine keeping it and the Hippogriff coaster while also adding Donkey Kong and Fast and Furious. That's an extremely solid coaster roster.

Re-skin it, update it, whatever. But I say keep it up.

Rumors of this ride's demise have been circulating for a decade, more or less. Seriously, go back to the start of this thread -- people were already speculating back then.

This thing is going to outlive us all, I'm convinced. And honestly, I'm fine with it. Imagine keeping it and the Hippogriff coaster while also adding Donkey Kong and Fast and Furious. That's an extremely solid coaster roster.

Re-skin it, update it, whatever. But I say keep it up.
I'd rather a new ride over the Mummy we have now...if they want to update the ride and make all effects work and update the screens and redo the ending room then cool

But as it is now...its in worst shape then Indy at Disneyland

The Mummy closing is starting to be come the USH version of the Matterhorn is sinking.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think its going anywhere until Hollywood Drift is ready to open, and even then I'm doubtful.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I remember when the Mummy was supposed to close in 2015.

The poster sounds pretty confident it will happen, but I personally don't see Mummy closing until at least 2024 so they can have some "real" coaster for the park until F&F opens. Maybe they want this closed sooner than later to get a project going. At least let the ride see its 20th anniversary lol

I doubt this is for DK because if we are getting this, I would imagine it would go behind SNW where those stages are.

EDIT: Noticed he posted a gorilla emoji. Is he hinting that's where DK is going? That seems like such a random and awkward place to put it. Especially with Transformers right there.

DOUBLE EDIT: I also realized 2023 is next year. Ooooooof. Gonna be a lot of lost capacity in the lower lot once SNW opens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
I remember when the Mummy was supposed to close in 2015.

The poster sounds pretty confident it will happen, but I personally don't see Mummy closing until at least 2024 so they can have some "real" coaster for the park until F&F opens. Maybe they want this closed sooner than later to get a project going. At least let the ride see its 20th anniversary lol

I doubt this is for DK because if we are getting this, I would imagine it would go behind SNW where those stages are.

EDIT: Noticed he posted a gorilla emoji. Is he hinting that's where DK is going? That seems like such a random and awkward place to put it. Especially with Transformers right there.
Next to Jurassic? I mean they are both jungle themes

To me that's always been a place I could see it....I don't know why people think Nintendo lands must be next to one another...zelda can go where WW is for all I care if its a good attraction

How long has the end scene had the effects turned off? And why has that never been addressed? It's been a huge buzzkill for me, because I really enjoy the opening scenes and first launch

How long has the end scene had the effects turned off? And why has that never been addressed? It's been a huge buzzkill for me, because I really enjoy the opening scenes and first launch
Since at least late 2006/early 2007. I remember the ad campaigns back in the day to spin the effects being cut at the end by saying "The Mummy: NOW SCARIER THAN EVER!"

lol

Ethan from the theme park wizard youtube channel is saying he's hearing the same thing as Universal Core. I know that for sure Ethan has many connections to people who work at Universal Hollywod, so maybe there is something to this rumor.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor