Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

As much as I am all for SR, I can see why they're not offering it on Mummy (and Jurassic). Particularly for Mummy, the SR often gets so insanely long, it no longer becomes any sort of time saver. Similar for JW.

I am a bit surprised it's still not offered for Transformers, though. I generally haven't seen that SR get as out of control, as it generally moves fairly briskly.

As much as I am all for SR, I can see why they're not offering it on Mummy (and Jurassic). Particularly for Mummy, the SR often gets so insanely long, it no longer becomes any sort of time saver. Similar for JW.

I am a bit surprised it's still not offered for Transformers, though. I generally haven't seen that SR get as out of control, as it generally moves fairly briskly.
I’ve seen on many occasions the SR line on Mummy being much longer than just waiting in standby.

Transformers SR line was always empty in my experience. Jurassic World’s was generally reliable for me when it’s not peak summer. Mummy’s was decent until it got into peak time.

I thought single rider was a covid casualty with not mixing parties.
When I went last Monday and was single rider I was placed in a row with another party on forbidden journey, Jurassic and transformers

so at least when I go by myself I’m always placed with others

Hate to quote myself, but here's confirmation on no SR.

Rode it today. It appeared the dark ride scenes were a bit more brightly lit... not a bad thing, IMO. Noticeably absent were the last strobe flash at the very end of the ride, and the guards dropping down before the launch. The strobe isn't that big of a deal (and maybe it was just my particular ride), but the guards not dropping was interesting, because not only did they not drop, but they did not even light up the sides where they would drop. So of hints that the dropping guards may be gone for good.

Hate to quote myself, but here's confirmation on no SR.

Rode it today. It appeared the dark ride scenes were a bit more brightly lit... not a bad thing, IMO. Noticeably absent were the last strobe flash at the very end of the ride, and the guards dropping down before the launch. The strobe isn't that big of a deal (and maybe it was just my particular ride), but the guards not dropping was interesting, because not only did they not drop, but they did not even light up the sides where they would drop. So of hints that the dropping guards may be gone for good.

Sounds like the ride “downgraded”. Could this add more credence to rumors of Mummy leaving soon? It looks like they’re starting to not care about this ride much longer.

Sounds like the ride “downgraded”. Could this add more credence to rumors of Mummy leaving soon? It looks like they’re starting to not care about this ride much longer.
if they aren't fixing the ride, quite the opposite, then i agree it sounds like they're planing something for the ride soon. guess they're keeping the showbuilding since they redid the roof though?

Rode it today and it was such a mess. None of the lighting in the treasure room and onward worked, only one warrior dropped (in the complete dark), no audio for the first half of the coaster portion, and none of the light up visuals the whole ride. The brakes at the station still sounded bad too. I wonder if they did anything tbh lol

Rode it today
The end Fog was not on but besides that everything else was on. The Guys dropped down as you launched, the only thing else not working was in the Q the place where you would stick your arm in and air would blast you is still off and think because of covid might never come back

The air blast effect in the queue was working when the park reopened after COVID. I’m guessing it’s just broken and they’re not spending the money to fix it.

SR was down the last few times I rode before the attraction shut down for refurb. If you’re solo and nice to the TMs, they’ll let you go through child swap to reride.