Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Acidsplat

Newcomer
Apr 23, 2013
Apologies if this question has been asked before:
I never got to ride ET Adventure when it was here but I've been on The Mummy many times.

Is the path from unload, up the stairs, through an empty room, then downstairs to exit the building the original path that ET Adventure took for guests leaving? It would probably be easier to show if I had taken pictures, but it seems like a big empty room for no reason for guests to walk through and appeared to be a ride operator phone in the corner.

Theme Vision

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
Burbank, California
Apologies if this question has been asked before:
I never got to ride ET Adventure when it was here but I've been on The Mummy many times.

Is the path from unload, up the stairs, through an empty room, then downstairs to exit the building the original path that ET Adventure took for guests leaving? It would probably be easier to show if I had taken pictures, but it seems like a big empty room for no reason for guests to walk through and appeared to be a ride operator phone in the corner.
No, the current exit was completely non existent during E.T.'s presence within the soundstage. Though I can't say for sure because I never experienced E.T. at USH, I believe the original exit would've been on the backside of the building close to where you enter the Mummy's indoor queue on ground level. The configuration on where you'd enter the building has been flipped to my best belief, as I believe you'd enter E.T's preshow closer to the entrance of the attraction, on the other side of where you enter the Mummy today. If I'm wrong about this, feel free to correct me. E.T.'s "Chase scene 1" is approximately where Mummy's current exit crosses over and out of the soundstage, so in other words that would've been ride space.

If you're curious as to where things moved around/were gutted to make way for the Mummy, I created a video a year back going into the details. Mummy's current load/unload station is approximately in the same general area as E.T.'s unload/load including the long stretch between the station and the Mummy's finale.

Also, happy 17th anniversary to Revenge of the Mummy!

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
What is the purpose for them being there?
If it was something related to the future of the plot, it'd be more prudent to see height balloons around that and the soundstages next to Mummy and TF.

The red flags are temporary, as railings should be installed soon to prevent someone from falling at key areas where the perimeter flags are placed right now.

dorianfaust

Newcomer
Sep 6, 2021
Salutations! So, I get that the original (better) ending from the very beginning of the ride's history was discontinued due to technical difficulties (?), but there is one aspect I have never quite understood. Projections and fog effects, sure I can see that malfunctioning, it's more the audio that I'm confused about. There is (was?) a loose storyline of how Imhotep was able to do all this in the first place due to the eclipse. They mention it in the queue video, you can see the eclipse beginning in the ride load area, and Imhotep does his little pre-launch incantation in front of a crumbling building revealing the eclipse. The original ending had him fading away due to the eclipse ending, even yelling "The eclipse, NOOOOOOO!" Yet the new ending has a face pop up, and he just yells NOOOOOO! Even if all the projections and fog effects don't work, why not keep the audio there to keep some semblance of a storyline?

TL;DR - Ending is very abrupt. What happened to the eclipse storyline?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Aug 1, 2018
Los Angeles
If it was something related to the future of the plot, it'd be more prudent to see height balloons around that and the soundstages next to Mummy and TF.

The red flags are temporary, as railings should be installed soon to prevent someone from falling at key areas where the perimeter flags are placed right now.
Looks like they are painting the roof of the Mummy