Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

i wish they would play with the ending too, but i feel like we're just gonna get new brakes and maybe the two dropping warriors will be consistent.

I think it's a bit embarrassing that the park couldn't communicate this closure to their guests in advance. They have a bit of a history of abruptly closing marquee rides for multi-week refurbishments, and there's no reason they couldn't publish the schedule when they know it.

Kinda felt the same way when Knott's announced Montezuma was closing for 18 months, and only gave a 3 day notice.

Kinda felt the same way when Knott's announced Montezuma was closing for 18 months, and only gave a 3 day notice.
And one of those days the ride was down the whole day! LOL

Yeah, I was planning on stopping by for a few hours tomorrow. Haven’t been to USH since opening night of HHN so I was kinda bummed to hear it shut down with zero notice.

I think it's a bit embarrassing that the park couldn't communicate this closure to their guests in advance. They have a bit of a history of abruptly closing marquee rides for multi-week refurbishments, and there's no reason they couldn't publish the schedule when they know it.
The park has so few rides to begin with that any advanced news of a closure might cause guests to cancel their visit.

The park has so few rides to begin with that any advanced news of a closure might cause guests to cancel their visit.

I’m not entirely sure the common parkgoer would do that. I’ve met a shocking number of people over the years who have gone to the park for their first time, their first time in years, etc., and spent the entire day there, but when I ask them what they thought of the rides in the Lower Lot, they say they never went down there… which makes me think, “WTF were you doing all day, then?” I feel like a closure wouldn’t even be on most people’s radars because most people consist of the casual crowd that doesn’t do any research ahead of time about what to expect and all the things to do, like the people who show up to HHN on a busy Saturday night in late October two hours before closure, go stand in line for the Mummy for an hour, get one maze done if they’re lucky, then are baffled how they got nothing done.

Last edited:
I guess given the work on the roof and the current refurb we can assume the Mummy has at least another year of life?

I guess given the work on the roof and the current refurb we can assume the Mummy has at least another year of life?
Considering that plus Nintendoland not opening until late this year...no reason to think they will get rid of it this year

Personally, I don’t think it makes any sense to take away an already popular ride when tearing it down would lower capacity and make the lower lot more cramped.
For now I agree but literally almost any other ride will eat more people then this ride

I love the ride but hate they only load one car at a time most days.

I agree would rather them build one more new attraction before closing something else and to add something new

Personally it'll be weird to see it go as I associate Universal with the Mummy ride since i grew up with the Orlando version. It's really the biggest reason why I even have a pass.

If it does go, I hope a coaster replaces it or comes along. Universal without any thrilling coaster would be weird to me as someone who came to know Universal from the Orlando parks.