Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or destroy the building and make a jurassic world themed version of hagrids where you’re on the bike running with raptors like the chris pratt character.

Given how crazy the wait times go on a weekend or peak time, I think they can't afford to get rid of it until there's at least Mario Kart is open. Ideally I would like there to be another coaster to replace it before it goes, but that's probably not realistic given the space issues in the lower lot.

This ride will leave but it can't until MK is open for a little...honestly it should wait until DK comes but they might hopefully start having more then one project at once to ramp up for the LA Olympic's
Agreed. There is no way they’re letting this ride go until at least Nintendo is open. Even then I imagine they will want to hold on this until DK is almost done. Regardless of Mummy’s replacement there are going to be complaints of the only “major” coaster being removed at USH until DK opens.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Do you guys think a clone of Beijing's Jurassic World could fit in there or a building could be built of that size?
I wouldn't mind losing Mummy for that.
It'd be also neat to get a Universal Monsters ride of some sort.

Do you guys think a clone of Beijing's Jurassic World could fit in there or a building could be built of that size?
I wouldn't mind losing Mummy for that.
It'd be also neat to get a Universal Monsters ride of some sort.
Beijing's Jurassic World looks great but we already have the I-Rex escaping next door and the same ride system next door.
Don't get me wrong, Bejing's JW ride looks pretty rad! I just don't think it works for USH. I already mentioned why before either earlier in this thread or another, but I'll reiterate them.

For one thing, the ride is basically Transformers and Jurassic World put together....both of which are right next to each other. You already have a giant I-Rex and T-Rex battle scene in the JW ride and you already have the same ride vehicle dynamics as Transformers. It would be too redundant. If you want a better Transformers ride, the answer would be to reskin Transformers.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Mummy has to be replaced by a new coaster. If it's gotta be 100% indoors, so be it. USH is pretty well off with dark rides for now. They have FJ, SLoP, Transformers, JW, and now MK. The park really needs a decent coaster.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Mummy has to be replaced by a new coaster. If it's gotta be 100% indoors, so be it. USH is pretty well off with dark rides for now. They have FJ, SLoP, Transformers, JW, and now MK. The park really needs a decent coaster.
A Velocicoaster with an expanded paddock that's more contained ala Taron would be great. Sound concerns should be mute since the space abuts the hill.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak
Finally got on ET after not riding it at USH and it was great! What a tragedy they removed it here. Now every time I walk by mummy’s building I’ll be sad.

Finally got on ET after not riding it at USH and it was great! What a tragedy they removed it here. Now every time I walk by mummy’s building I’ll be sad.
i enjoyed ET

the Q and talking ET are great but never a fan of most of the aliens and the planet

I agree. I get that there's sentiment over the ride, I do think the queue was pretty cool... but the ride itself is pretty bad. I've never really liked it from day one. You're supposed to be on bikes that can fly, but you're on the ground level for about 90% of the ride. And the alien planet stuff is just doesn't work for me.