Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Apologies if this question has been asked before:
I never got to ride ET Adventure when it was here but I've been on The Mummy many times.

Is the path from unload, up the stairs, through an empty room, then downstairs to exit the building the original path that ET Adventure took for guests leaving? It would probably be easier to show if I had taken pictures, but it seems like a big empty room for no reason for guests to walk through and appeared to be a ride operator phone in the corner.

Apologies if this question has been asked before:
I never got to ride ET Adventure when it was here but I've been on The Mummy many times.

Is the path from unload, up the stairs, through an empty room, then downstairs to exit the building the original path that ET Adventure took for guests leaving? It would probably be easier to show if I had taken pictures, but it seems like a big empty room for no reason for guests to walk through and appeared to be a ride operator phone in the corner.
No, the current exit was completely non existent during E.T.'s presence within the soundstage. Though I can't say for sure because I never experienced E.T. at USH, I believe the original exit would've been on the backside of the building close to where you enter the Mummy's indoor queue on ground level. The configuration on where you'd enter the building has been flipped to my best belief, as I believe you'd enter E.T's preshow closer to the entrance of the attraction, on the other side of where you enter the Mummy today. If I'm wrong about this, feel free to correct me. E.T.'s "Chase scene 1" is approximately where Mummy's current exit crosses over and out of the soundstage, so in other words that would've been ride space.

If you're curious as to where things moved around/were gutted to make way for the Mummy, I created a video a year back going into the details. Mummy's current load/unload station is approximately in the same general area as E.T.'s unload/load including the long stretch between the station and the Mummy's finale.

Also, happy 17th anniversary to Revenge of the Mummy!

What is the purpose for them being there?

If it was something related to the future of the plot, it'd be more prudent to see height balloons around that and the soundstages next to Mummy and TF.

The red flags are temporary, as railings should be installed soon to prevent someone from falling at key areas where the perimeter flags are placed right now.

Salutations! So, I get that the original (better) ending from the very beginning of the ride's history was discontinued due to technical difficulties (?), but there is one aspect I have never quite understood. Projections and fog effects, sure I can see that malfunctioning, it's more the audio that I'm confused about. There is (was?) a loose storyline of how Imhotep was able to do all this in the first place due to the eclipse. They mention it in the queue video, you can see the eclipse beginning in the ride load area, and Imhotep does his little pre-launch incantation in front of a crumbling building revealing the eclipse. The original ending had him fading away due to the eclipse ending, even yelling "The eclipse, NOOOOOOO!" Yet the new ending has a face pop up, and he just yells NOOOOOO! Even if all the projections and fog effects don't work, why not keep the audio there to keep some semblance of a storyline?

TL;DR - Ending is very abrupt. What happened to the eclipse storyline?

If it was something related to the future of the plot, it'd be more prudent to see height balloons around that and the soundstages next to Mummy and TF.

The red flags are temporary, as railings should be installed soon to prevent someone from falling at key areas where the perimeter flags are placed right now.
Looks like they are painting the roof of the Mummy

I know The Mummy isn't packing people in and the lines it gets are mainly because they most of the times just loan two trains at a time

But I really don't see a reason to get rid of this ride for a while. It has lines a good deal for how "old" it is and doubt costs that much to operate compared to something like a Potter ride

You're complaining about only two trains at a time? That's 32 people, which is pretty standard for a RC. And to their credit, the Mummy staff is pretty good about dispatches. Most of the time if there is a delay, it's because of a guest (they have a loose item, don't fit in the restraint, etc.)

But yeah, given all the rumors of it going in the near future, it seems odd to paint the roof unless it was sticking around longer than we thought. To be honest, while I admit it's not a great ride and we could use something better, i do still find it enjoyable for what it is.

You're complaining about only two trains at a time? That's 32 people, which is pretty standard for a RC. And to their credit, the Mummy staff is pretty good about dispatches. Most of the time if there is a delay, it's because of a guest (they have a loose item, don't fit in the restraint, etc.)

But yeah, given all the rumors of it going in the near future, it seems odd to paint the roof unless it was sticking around longer than we thought. To be honest, while I admit it's not a great ride and we could use something better, i do still find it enjoyable for what it is.
You have two stations.

It would be nice even to just off load people at the first ones and then load others in the second. I remember they used to run both and it moved the line quicker

Food for thought: They could breathe new life into the Mummy by giving the scenes a bit of an update and changing up the coaster portion as well as give the exterior some scenic. They can market it as "The NEW Mummy: Now more intense than ever." If they can sneak in a barrel roll and show that in a commercial, that would be a major sell for the GP.

This may be a relatively unpopular opinion, but I think all the ride needs is a light touch-up on the dark ride scenes, a better exterior, and a completely improved coaster portion, and you have yourself a marketable goldmine. A popular ride for the GP stays, you have yourself a legitimate coaster for USH, and this would draw the attention of a new ride all at the fraction of a cost. Outdated IP or not, the GP loves roller coasters so I think this would be a big draw.

Last edited: