Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only park they are going to effectively get people out of is DHS, which at the moment needs all the people it can get.

Epcot is known as a night park for touring World Showcase and MK is MK so things won't be changing much there. Like I said about Pandora, I don't see this doing much but taking people away from DHS.

If they open a new show to the public and publicize it they can redirect guests. If they just offer it with barely a whisper, then no. But if they put on a big blog post about it then the people will come.

If they open a new show to the public and publicize it they can redirect guests. If they just offer it with barely a whisper, then no. But if they put on a big blog post about it then the people will come.
Yes, but if this does soft open for the holiday period in the coming weeks (as has been rumored as a possibility), they wouldn't publicize it.

Disney doesn't put blog posts out for soft openings.

When they cant fit any more cars in the MK parking lot they do.
That's why they got rid of the racetrack!

They may do some on-site promotion of a potential soft open with CMs spreading the word, but I highly, highly doubt Disney themselves would recognize it.

When Magical Express opened the number of cars in the lots dropped significantly.

Now they use the whole things again on "busier" days. It has rebounded.

Epcot closing its lot during Food/Wine exemplifies this.

That they can lose Epcot as a parking option outside of NYE itself is troubling from an operational standpoint. Epcot has been used for over a decade as the redirect Parking for all the other lots.

When Magical Express opened the number of cars in the lots dropped significantly.

Now they use the whole things again on "busier" days. It has rebounded.

Epcot closing its lot during Food/Wine exemplifies this.

That they can lose Epcot as a parking option outside of NYE itself is troubling from an operational standpoint. Epcot has been used for over a decade as the redirect Parking for all the other lots.
The Blizzard Beach lot is open (unless DHS cast are parked there) for extra parking if needed.

I get what you mean overall, but you can't change people's touring plans on the fly, especially when you ask them to book out their days months in advance.

A large segment doesn't do what Disney wants them to do. That's why there are FP for most major attractions available for tomorrow. Thy won't be by like 10am, but they're there right now.

A large segment doesn't do what Disney wants them to do. That's why there are FP for most major attractions available for tomorrow. Thy won't be by like 10am, but they're there right now.
Well maybe Disney should've thought about how to they want to "control" things and to go where they want guests to go when they made people make reservations 60 days out for FP.

The promotional booking brochures I received from Disney last year in Feb. & March had large front page advertisements for Rivers of Light debuting in late spring. AK attendance sure didn't reflect people booking new vacations so they could see the new show, even though it never materialized. So, I'm of the opinion it will only relieve some night crowding of MK and further erode DHS, rather than attracting new tourists. If it didn't work last spring, I see no reason it will increase WDW attendance now.

Was there fire/laser effects at the end of the show? I heard that those were added (they weren't present during the last CM previews).

Yes, there were lasers. The fire was part of the center of the main lotus barge. A mechanical tower rose with small fires coming out of the spikes. It was synced with the music, and even though some of the fires weren't working, it was a neat effect. Nowhere near as much fire as I thought there would be, though.

So from what I have understood, there will be a show during the holiday hell week to help out with crowds, but then it will close and reopen later next year with Pandora?

Yes, there were lasers. The fire was part of the center of the main lotus barge. A mechanical tower rose with small fires coming out of the spikes. It was synced with the music, and even though some of the fires weren't working, it was a neat effect. Nowhere near as much fire as I thought there would be, though.

So from what I have understood, there will be a show during the holiday hell week to help out with crowds, but then it will close and reopen later next year with Pandora?
I'm fairly certain the show is ready enough to open well before Pandora. It's just do they want to or not.

Well so far no signs of the show 25-31st, but that schedule isn't finalized overall for the parks.

I think it'd be very smart to detour the diehards to AK with promise of the show, but it could backfire if all their reviews are negative.

Reactions: Joel
Well so far no signs of the show 25-31st, but that schedule isn't finalized overall for the parks.

I think it'd be very smart to detour the diehards to AK with promise of the show, but it could backfire if all their reviews are negative.
It has been said that there will be no public announcement if they do shows - certainly not added to calendars (by entertainment CMs working on ROL). So we won't know until the time comes and goes.

And normally I'd think it's a silly stunt, but I am legit concerned about crowd levels during that week.

So a 3% bump year over year according to TEA right? ;)

I was doing some research on WDWM a few weeks ago and noticed how many news stories reported closings at ALL the parks the last few weeks of the year, seemed like last year there weren't many at all.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So a 3% bump year over year according to TEA right? ;)

I was doing some research on WDWM a few weeks ago and noticed how many news stories reported closings at ALL the parks the last few weeks of the year, seemed like last year there weren't many at all.
This is completely true, but this can be countered with the fact of Epcot's parking lot (of all lots) closed 2-3 times during Food & Wine this year (which has never happened) and I was there for one of them. It was busy as all hell.

I wouldn't discount what crowds could be like this year because of last year.

People come in cycles, within a year and within a few years.

Trends of when they showed up this year and who is showing up is what leads me to believe we're in for a busy NYE week.