Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get them wanting to service rooms that folks are leaving, but they should have a way to know when you've checked out...

They can only know if the guest tells them. I always make sure to personally check out, either with the front desk, express checkout or video checkout so the front desk and housekeeping can know that I'm gone. Otherwise it's a guessing game. With the 5 hour gap between the checkout time and the checkin time, they really shouldn't be bugging people who have a DND on the door until 11.

On a related note, if you plan on sleeping in, call the front desk to request a late check out. Even if you don't plan to use it, it'll show up on the housekeeping reports in the morning and they'll definitely know not to bug you.

Reactions: traveller and Joel
First I'd like to say that my first (and only) stay so far at Sapphire Falls was wonderfully amazing. None of this happened to me and I stayed there over a month ago. Don't let these hiccups turn you away, as Brian said, it's bound to happen for new hotels and mostly everything will be straightened out eventually. I have 3 rooms booked for HHN and I'm confident my stays will be just as good as our first.

As far as the parking goes I have had problems no matter where I have stayed onsite. Seems the whole system is hit or miss if the card will work.

I will be there Thursday for 11 nights so I'm looking forward to seeing what the experience is firsthand. Thanks for the report

I should be there for your second weekend! OU meet up at finnegans for a drink seems to be in order.

The managers were respectful and professional. I knew it wasn't really there fault. There's only so much they can do. Maybe they need to hire more housekeepers or train them better. I also think there needs to be better communication between departments.

Lets say 100 people have a bad experience, statistically only 10 complain. The other 90 never come back and the business has no idea why. Then those 90 people usually tell 10 people there horrible experience, further damaging the reputation of the company.

I told them what was wrong and hopefully they can correct these issues so other guests have a more enjoyable experience.

If you're going in the near future, I'm positive these issues will be corrected, because I had these managers shook. We live in an era that one picture can seriously damage the reputation of a company and they understood this. They seemed to genuily be upset that this happened to me and that meant a lot.

Another thing, while the bathroom is beautiful, the floor tile wasnt a good choice. Those little hexagon tiles have grey grout in between them, making it easy for stuff to get stuck in between them. So unless housekeeping is getting on all fours and scrubbing the floors, there's no way that grout is 100% clean. That's why hotels usually have just a one piece tub or shower. The bathroom sliding door doesn't have a lock on it either which is weird. Lastly, a lot of water leaks out once you open the shower glass door, leaving water on the floor. These are just some things I think the design department overlooked.

And I'm sure the staff appreciated a rational guest instead of a beserko nutcase yelling incessantly until they got what they wanted. Staff/management are people too.

We are checking in late Friday (leaving Charlotte around 2pm - 8 hour drive)

Probably low chances for a room upgrade I reckon?

Also, will the quick service be open for a bite?

First I'd like to say that my first (and only) stay so far at Sapphire Falls was wonderfully amazing. None of this happened to me and I stayed there over a month ago. Don't let these hiccups turn you away, as Brian said, it's bound to happen for new hotels and mostly everything will be straightened out eventually. I have 3 rooms booked for HHN and I'm confident my stays will be just as good as our first.

I should be there for your second weekend! OU meet up at finnegans for a drink seems to be in order.

And I'm sure the staff appreciated a rational guest instead of a beserko nutcase yelling incessantly until they got what they wanted. Staff/management are people too.
Great post. My sentiments exactly. Keep a lookout for an old dude with a Mon Valley United FC shirt (I have tons of them) on. That will be me. Yell over. :) Sapphire Sept. 24-29, Portofino Sept. 29-Oct. Oct. 8th.

Reactions: Joel and Porkchop
As far as the parking goes I have had problems no matter where I have stayed onsite. Seems the whole system is hit or miss if the card will work.

I will be there Thursday for 11 nights so I'm looking forward to seeing what the experience is firsthand. Thanks for the report

Great post. My sentiments exactly. Keep a lookout for an old dude with a Mon Valley United FC shirt (I have tons of them) on. That will be me. Yell over. :) Sapphire Sept. 24-29, Portofino Sept. 29-Oct. Oct. 8th.

Mad Dog AND Joe?! Would love to meet you guys for a drink if you're down (and anyone else of course).. I'm there 9/30 - 10/2

Reactions: JoeCamel
Mad Dog AND Joe?! Would love to meet you guys for a drink if you're down (and anyone else of course).. I'm there 9/30 - 10/2
Finnegans(or anywhere else on property)would be good. Just name a time & date. At this point in time, my schedule is still flexible.And, like you said, anyone else from OU. The more the merrier. If we do a time & day now, it will make it easy for everyone to schedule around it. :thumbsup:

I don't. We're hesitant as people here and calendars show it a moderate to slow night. Worried about it being a Friday however

Well Friday is definitely better than going on a Saturday, so there's that. I'm confident you'll be able to get all of the houses + shows done no problem with proper planning (but your disney-cap on.. attraction planning is needed). If you want to be able to do all houses + some re-runs, I'd suggest getting express if its within your budget; it'll also take that anxiety of whether you'll finish everything off your shoulders (or at least it does for me).

For more expert advice I'd rely on @BriMan or @testtrack321 or the like..

EDIT: shoot, just realized this isn't the HHN thread and tagged the mod's.. sorry

Well Friday is definitely better than going on a Saturday, so there's that. I'm confident you'll be able to get all of the houses + shows done no problem with proper planning (but your disney-cap on.. attraction planning is needed). If you want to be able to do all houses + some re-runs, I'd suggest getting express if its within your budget; it'll also takes that anxiety of whether you'll finish everything off your shoulders (or at least it does for me).
Yeah we have some "must do's" to steal from Stacy at Disney :ears:

So we will hit those first, and then if we can get all/most of the houses its icing on the cake!

Reactions: Joel
I'm not that worried about the room when I get there. I've worked in hospitality long enough to know how to handle a situation like that. I'll be checking in on the 28th and staying until the 3rd.