Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Loved, loved, loved staying at Sapphire this past weekend for HHN. We had a pool room on the 7th floor over looking the pool and dead center in front of us was Hogwarts, super cool waking up and seeing that every morning. Got to the hotel 7am last Friday and room was ready so that was nice so we didn't have to deal with the afternoon crowds checking in.

Couple highlights

Pool area was outstanding, service for lunch was a tad slow, was early in the day so maybe not many pool attendants running around at that point.

Having the boats is so much easier than the buses from Cabana. Pro tip - on numerous occasions we either missed the Sapphire boat back to the resort or the line was full so we hopped on the Royal Pacific boat back to the hotel. Was super easy and a really short walk under the bridge to our place.

The gym there was outstanding for a hotel gym

Overall a great addition to their onsite hotel lineup

@JoeCamel what would you say it bypasses that's relevant to the story? For me, I think the queue is really awesome but I don't need it to understand the ride story. Still, I second Joe's recommendation

You lucky SoB's booked early enough to stay onsite. While I'm staying onsite for my 13-16th weekend, 9/30 - 10/2 I'll be at the drury inn.

HHN planning starts November 1 plus they bribed us with $150 food credit ;)

Reactions: Mad Dog and Joel
We will be checking in sept. 27th, checking out the 4th. doing the 4 nights of HHN, hope all goes well with check in and the stay. most of the problems I
read about really would not bother me, I am easy like that .Miketheboss , well
his problem was real, hope it all gets fix for him. We have already been upgraded-downgraded and upgraded again. They were very nice in handling
the room for us. Would be nice to meet up, the only thing I have planned is
HHN, and of course the parks. JTA I always book my HHN trip around Jan.
Feb. Those days of booking in late summer are risky.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I checked the Loews site and the 29th thru Oct 2nd is availible, just now
SF std or pool view
Loews Hotels | Luxury Hotels and Resorts
Don't have the time to take off from work for the additional night. Thanks for the help though.

ALSO -- ladies and gents, perfect example of how they sell rooms in length-of-stay blocks as we were discussing previously

So how is everyone feeling about the barn doors on the bathrooms now?

The little gap didn't bother me but once my daughter is a little older I could see it possibly being a bit awkward.

My gripe is that those suckers are loud. My wife probably drinks something like 20 gallons :) of water a day and uses the bathroom once or twice each night. I think she woke me up half of the nights there just from those wheels going...still have to throw out the disclaimer that I loved the place and will be back...Don't want to scare you guys that didn't make it yet

The little gap didn't bother me but once my daughter is a little older I could see it possibly being a bit awkward.

My gripe is that those suckers are loud. My wife probably drinks something like 20 gallons :) of water a day and uses the bathroom once or twice each night. I think she woke me up half of the nights there just from those wheels going...still have to throw out the disclaimer that I loved the place and will be back...Don't want to scare you guys that didn't make it yet

I HATE the sliding doors on new rooms. No lock, little privacy, freaks me out.

It only takes one bad experience to lose a customer.

Old retail saying

Depends on the experience but the saying is still around for a reason. So many hotel options in the area to be dealing with crappy sheets. lol

One last thing, there was this life guard that was mean. He really hated his job. I guess he was just being comfortable because I'm young but he started talking bad about the kids that went down the slide. I was like, okay then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yung1522
I HATE the sliding doors on new rooms. No lock, little privacy, freaks me out.
Barn doors CAN have locks if desired. For some reason Sapphire just chose note to, which is very odd considering it's to split the bathroom. Maybe they are worried a child may lock themselves in and don't want to deal with that situation?

Reactions: Yung1522
Seems like a lot of us are checking in that third weekend! I'll be heading to Sapphire on the 29th. Hoping the room will be available when I get there.

Some rooms at Sapphire opened up today .

Seems to be gone. Keep checking because people have until the 25th to cancel for those dates.

I'd like to make a shout-out to @Skipper Justin for helping a fellow OU book an on-site hotel by letting me know his friends were cancelling in time for me to book the room. This trip is a birthday present for my brother so he helped make it that much more special. Much appreciated and now his first one is on me!

Bathrooms door totally sucked. Ours had a pretty decent sized gap for all to look thru but found that I was able to pull the door bu the handle closer to the wall and eliminate that gap.

So is this only an issue when you're sharing a room with friends or something? I guess I just don't see this being an issue with my kid and wife the only ones in the room...?

So is this only an issue when you're sharing a room with friends or something? I guess I just don't see this being an issue with my kid and wife the only ones in the room...?

Correct. With my girlfriend it was fine (been together 5+ years..). With 15 friends for HHN it may be another story (I have no shame so I won't care, other people might)