Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We just had our Third excellent experience at Strong Water Tavern. I had a long conversation with the Sous chef Carlos Costanza, and I will fill you in on the details when I get home from vacation. And I will do a long restaurant view at that time. Strong Water is so impressive, that we will stop by while we are at Portofino Bay. This place is a real "Star".
What a coincidence. My wife and I have had incredible experiences there as well.

Chris is so nice, so informative and really is a superstar waited from our first trip. Yesterday we went again and sat on the deck to have a vape and a drink. I got the sazerac again which is insanely awesome. My wife got a flight. Chelsea this time rocked! My wife asked if we can purchase the strong water long wooden spoon to stir her drink and she told us to take it as "they just toss them anyways" then when she brought the check she also brought two more of the spoons. She ALSO brought a fully made drink and said "bartender made two and I needed one. Would you like this on the house?!"

OF COURSE WE WOULD!!

Even without the free drink which was thoughtful and great, it would've been a fabulous interaction. Also Chris who helped us before came right out on the deck and was like "hey Chris and Charlotte right?!" And started talking about how awesome my wife's choices for flights were

Awesome awesome time. Great stuff!!

So the smoke/fire alarm at SF is a loud, continuous message that we should stand by the speaker in the room. Very annoying to repeat the same message for 5 minutes now. Might go on for much longer

They just announced the all clear, maybe teething pains with a new system, I saw them stringing cable out by the pool this morning

I pity the people that don't speak english

Oh carp, now we are back to the original alarm message

Ahhh - blessed silence

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
I'm with ya Joe Camel just went through the pain and suffering myself. I understand safety is first and foremost, but the canned recorded message is a bit much, especially after the "all clear" is announced. Any automated fire and safety sensor system worth it's salt will give you the offending sensor/ tripped circuit to investigate. It is then up to the individuals responsible for that system to troubleshoot / name the offending sensor/circuit and if necessary over-ride the offending sensor/circuit and pull it "off-line" till replaced. I understand this is a new hotel and "s**t happens", but get better control of your emergency systems!!! OK rant off! still enjoying my time here at SFR!

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
We walked through Sapphire Falls this weekend. Maybe it's me, but other than a drink at Strongwater, I see no reason to stay there over Cabana Bay...

Reactions: JoeCamel
Went to strong water last night and Chris was incredible waiter. My wife tried a rum old fashioned and I had the other "potent" drinks, I think called something "santzec" or close to it. Had absinthe and rye burboun. Soooo strong and smooth.

It's called a Sazerac. :)
It's the oldest cocktail in America, and is made with Rye whiskey (1.5oz- original recipe calls for cognac), 1-2 sugar cubes or simple syrup, peychauds (3-4 dashes) and angostura bitters (2 dashes), an absynthe rinse, and a lemon peel squeezed and thrown in. Served neat. Delicious.

You also use two glasses when you prepare it. One with ice water while you make everything in the other with ice in it, then you dump the ice water glass that is now chilled, rinse with absynthe, and dump the contents sans ice in the glass. Twist the lemon peel, toss it in, and enjoy the licorice/rye goodness.

It's called a Sazerac. :)
It's the oldest cocktail in America, and is made with Rye whiskey (1.5oz- original recipe calls for cognac), 1-2 sugar cubes or simple syrup, peychauds (3-4 dashes) and angostura bitters (2 dashes), an absynthe rinse, and a lemon peel squeezed and thrown in. Served neat. Delicious.

You also use two glasses when you prepare it. One with ice water while you make everything in the other with ice in it, then you dump the ice water glass that is now chilled, rinse with absynthe, and dump the contents sans ice in the glass. Twist the lemon peel, toss it in, and enjoy the licorice/rye goodness.
That's it!!

Have had it three nights so far. In love with it.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
So the alarm fun continues this morning. The fire door at the top of the escalators in the convention wing are closing on their own. Might be the breakfast buffet they have set up 5 feet away? So they will need the alarm guys to look into that as well.

Who cares, I am at the pool with the landscapers raking, trimming and leafblowing. Beautiful day

Pool area is open but you can't go in the water.......... WTF?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
So the alarm fun continues this morning. The fire door at the top of the escalators in the convention wing are closing on their own. Might be the breakfast buffet they have set up 5 feet away? So they will need the alarm guys to look into that as well.

Who cares, I am at the pool with the landscapers raking, trimming and leafblowing. Beautiful day

Pool area is open but you can't go in the water.......... WTF?

Rough morning, sorry to hear

Reactions: JoeCamel